Big 12 games--2021

Baylor currently up 7 on UT. Bonehead move of the night by Greg Brown after he posterized a BU player with a monster dunk he had to flex on him and talk trash right in front of the referee. So he gets a T and BU makes the free throws and scores on the ensuing possession to push the lead back to 8 and kills all of UT’s momentum from the crazy dunk.

Baylor currently up 7 on UT. Bonehead move of the night by Greg Brown after he posterized a BU player with a monster dunk he had to flex on him and talk trash right in front of the referee. So he gets a T and BU makes the free throws and scores on the ensuing possession to push the lead back to 8 and kills all of UT’s momentum from the crazy dunk.

That was a vicious dunk though....but yes, bone-headed. Every time Texas cuts into the lead, Baylor comes right back.....they are relentless. I think the way to beat Baylor is to slow them down, but Texas likes to run this year....much more than usual. Texas is playing well, but Baylor is just that good.

Baylor is just outstanding. It’s hard to envision any team going through this league undefeated, but I also have a hard time figuring out who will beat them. Maybe the mystique of the Phog will get them, but they will have to be off their game to lose to anyone.

ISU is getting healthy and even though they aren’t a good team, they won’t be a walkover, especially at their place. They are in a nail biter with WVU.

Wv pulled it out...
Bu, well is bu... yes nasty dunk by ut
Ksu lost by 23ish to ku. Will say they’ve had a ton of starts by freshman... 2nd to Kentucky....but man they are bad.

It just got even more entertaining.

That was a freshman play by Cunningham. Wasn't a clean shot and he had plenty of time to bring it back out and reset.

TCU up 3 with 2.2 seconds left. OSU with the ball.
Cunningham missed desperation three. TCU wins 81-78

Wow....crazy sequence in the last 25 seconds. Good win for TCU. With this loss, OSU moves to 4-5 in conference. However, they still have the following games left: Texas, @KU, @Baylor, Tech, OU, @OU. Of those 6, I see them winning maybe two of those (at most), but they may not win any of them.

Because the pokes had a decent non-con record/performance, they still likely make the tournament at 8-10. However, their two best wins in non-conference were Marquette (who is currently sucking the gas pipe) and Wichita State (likely NIT team)...and thus, they don't look like "good" wins as of now.

On a side note, #3 Houston lost (to last place East Carolina...yikes), #3 Nova lost to St. John's, #15 Creighton lost to a sub-.500 Georgetown team at home, and #22 Florida lost to a sub-.500 South Carolina team at home tonight. And #11 Tennessee lost to a bottom-half SEC team (Ole Miss) last night. Interesting results to say the least.

If OSU ends up having to play in the play in round of the league tourney, they will look back on getting swept by TCU as the reason. The Frogs may not beat another conference team other than ISU and KSU.

I think frogs are better than record. Should’ve beat Missouri over the weekend.

Wow....crazy sequence in the last 25 seconds. Good win for TCU. With this loss, OSU moves to 4-5 in conference. However, they still have the following games left: Texas, @KU, @Baylor, Tech, OU, @OU. Of those 6, I see them winning maybe two of those (at most), but they may not win any of them.

Because the pokes had a decent non-con record/performance, they still likely make the tournament at 8-10. However, their two best wins in non-conference were Marquette (who is currently sucking the gas pipe) and Wichita State (likely NIT team)...and thus, they don't look like "good" wins as of now.

On a side note, #3 Houston lost (to last place East Carolina...yikes), #3 Nova lost to St. John's, #15 Creighton lost to a sub-.500 Georgetown team at home, and #22 Florida lost to a sub-.500 South Carolina team at home tonight. And #11 Tennessee lost to a bottom-half SEC team (Ole Miss) last night. Interesting results to say the least.

That’s a really tough loss for Houston. Their metrics will take a big hit because ECU is awful, and in that league, Houston doesn’t have any chances for big wins. They will have a hard time getting back up to a two seed unless they run the table.

If OSU ends up having to play in the play in round of the league tourney, they will look back on getting swept by TCU as the reason. The Frogs may not beat another conference team other than ISU and KSU.

Yep...getting swept by TCU is not a good look. However, they did win @Tech and beat an overrated KU team at home (but KU is still KU). Those two wins will likely be better than what most bubble teams have on their comparative resumes. That is why I think OSU probably sneaks into the tournament if they can get to 8-10 in conference.

Has oswho already been cleared to play in the NCAA tourney? I knew they were appealing but has a decision been made?

That’s a really tough loss for Houston. Their metrics will take a big hit because ECU is awful, and in that league, Houston doesn’t have any chances for big wins. They will have a hard time getting back up to a two seed unless they run the table.

Any dreams that Houston had of sniffing a 1 seed have vanished after tonight. If they do win out, I believe they will be "in contention" for a 2 seed, but I'm not sure they will get it. The American is very down this year and will likely be a one bid league unless Houston loses in the conference tournament.

Has oswho already been cleared to play in the NCAA tourney? I knew they were appealing but has a decision been made?

Ncaa likely not going to hear appeal so they’ll be able to play.

Back