Big 12 games--2021

KU and OSU locked into a pretty sloppy/ugly game. The pokes seems to have cornered the market on these types of games lately. And in the last 3 or 4 minutes, the zebras have started putting the screws to OSU.....nothing we haven't seen or experienced ourselves at the Phog before. KU up 7 at the under 8 timeout.

KU won by 12.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Texas up 1 with the ball with 42 seconds left in Manhattan. They had a 17 point lead early in the 2nd half. This would be a horrific loss if they don't hold on.

Winning in Manhattan won’t be easy. They have played much better their past three home games and are as healthy as they’ve been all year. I’d almost guarantee they will pick off one of the good conference teams ... let’s hope it’s not us, for once!!

Winning in Manhattan won’t be easy. They have played much better their past three home games and are as healthy as they’ve been all year. I’d almost guarantee they will pick off one of the good conference teams ... let’s hope it’s not us, for once!!

Yes, the bad teams (ISU, KSU) seem to be getting better as of late. I wouldn't be surprised if ISU picked off KU in Ames on Saturday....although they do play in Lawrence on Thursday as well. That will be 3 games in 5 days for ISU.

Chris Beard embarrassing himself with a Bobby Knight-esque hissy fit at the end of the WVA-Tech game. He crossed the line by a mile. I know he has his fans here, but you can have him. Give me Lon. Beard's a perfect fit for Tech and their fans.

Wow chris beard blew a gasket something fierce. Lmao. I wish we had this crew in Lubbock but we got bollywood higgens instead. Wvu with a huge win that keeps them w same amount of losses as us. Tech falls to 6-5 in big12.

Even though WVU is ahead of us in the standings, I think them winning tonight was a good thing. Tech is the one team who has the head to head tiebreaker over us since they swept us, so it was nice to see them pick up another loss. And if we could somehow win in Morgantown, we will have the tiebreaker over WVU.

I timed it. Beard was tossed about 10 seconds into his toddler tirade and he stayed on the court screaming and yelling and generally making an ass of himself for nearly another 50 seconds.

And get this: There were 23.5 seconds on the clock and his team was down by just six. He basically threw the game for the sake of a temper tantrum. If I were the AD at Tech, I'd be furious, and if I were the Big 12 commissioner, I'd be mulling over a serious punishment for him.

That seemed out of character for Beard too.

I timed it. Beard was tossed about 10 seconds into his toddler tirade and he stayed on the court screaming and yelling and generally making an ass of himself for nearly another 50 seconds.

And get this: There were 23.5 seconds on the clock and his team was down by just six. He basically threw the game for the sake of a temper tantrum. If I were the AD at Tech, I'd be furious, and if I were the Big 12 commissioner, I'd be mulling over a serious punishment for him.

Here’s the video of Beard making a fool of himself:

https://www.silive.com/sports/2021/...ated-tirade-at-conclusion-of-big-12-game.html

Beard reminds me of a five year old, laying down on the floor and throwing a temper tantrum. I’ll be shocked if his childish act is not suspension or fine worthy. No way the Big 12 commissioner can let this go.

Meltdown meter:

Larry Eustachy > Chris Beard

i, too, was reminded of LE. Eustachy, however, as I recall, took away his team's chance to win in the Elite 8.

Not sure what my opinion of Beard is. that tirade is not helping, though i was there for Billy's "No matter how bad the officiating...." microphone blast and loved it....so, maybe i'm not as impartial as i think. ha.

i, too, was reminded of LE. Eustachy, however, as I recall, took away his team's chance to win in the Elite 8.

Not sure what my opinion of Beard is. that tirade is not helping, though i was there for Billy's "No matter how bad the officiating...." microphone blast and loved it....so, maybe i'm not as impartial as i think. ha.

As I recall, the Elite Eight game had just slipped away before his meltdown.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2YiCyzYGxGA

^^I found the clip. Foul on ISU with 9.9 seconds left, down 5. Game was mostly over. He just wanted to "be heard".

Embarrassing how he acted. Wants to get thrown out to prove his point? Sure. To stay on the court & act the way he did is indefensible.

Anyone watching the OSU-Texas game feel like they are suffering from vertigo? Their camera angle is for the birds.

totally sucks...can't believe they don't take a few seats out and make a platform...sure it wouldn't hurt the attendance

That was totally done for a reason and was all class...(IMHO) ....even ref Ed in the Billy get together loved it and knew exactly what Billy was doing.

laying on the floor flopping around like a seal is another...beard is an a$$

Back