Big 12 OWNING the Pac-10.

Haven't seen all the scores yet, but MU beat Oregon by 37 today.

KSU is demolishing Washington State looks like the Big 12 will win this one.

All these wins are really doing a lot for the conference SOS. The Big 12 dominating this matchup/series should help the NCAA selection comittee to consider letting at least 6 teams in from the Big 12. That could really help us if we are on the bubble.

ISU going down at Cal. We need to hold up our part in this series tomorrow.

I have heard nothing but bad thing about the Pac-10 this season. This might be more about the Pac-10 being worse than last year's SEC rather than the Big 12 being good. We'll see what all this means come March.

Strange post. Please explain yourself.
Going out on a limb here but I'm assuming since Sawyer is Mizzou fan he is upset with BT's put down of Mizzou's opponent. The put down makes Mizzou's win look less impressive. Of course I could be wrong . . .

Going out on a limb here but I'm assuming since Sawyer is Mizzou fan he is upset with BT's put down of Mizzou's opponent. The put down makes Mizzou's win look less impressive. Of course I could be wrong . . .

Upset? No. I really don't care if BigTime finds Mizzou's win impressive or not. His opinion is entirely inconsequential in the grand scheme of things.

Generally speaking, though, in most 40 point wins it's partially due to one team being awful and partially due to the other team playing pretty well. so yeah... I did find his comment a bit odd.

BigTime said on here time and again that he thought MU was among the worst teams in the Big 12 this year. So far, MU hasn't been. They lost to a decent mid-major in a glorified exhibition game in what might pass for a decent high school venue and lost on the road to Vandy, which isn't a bad loss. Has MU been great? No. But they haven't fallen as far as he expected.

Some teams he was expecting to do well have also not met his expectations in the early stages of the season (OU and ISU, specifically).

I don't feel slighted one bit. But I do get the impression that he maybe is a bit reluctant to admit that just maybe MU isn't as bad as he thought they would be.

Big 12 - 9 Pac 10 -2

Way to make our conference look bad KU.

Upset? No. I really don't care if BigTime finds Mizzou's win impressive or not. His opinion is entirely inconsequential in the grand scheme of things.

Generally speaking, though, in most 40 point wins it's partially due to one team being awful and partially due to the other team playing pretty well. so yeah... I did find his comment a bit odd.

BigTime said on here time and again that he thought MU was among the worst teams in the Big 12 this year. So far, MU hasn't been. They lost to a decent mid-major in a glorified exhibition game in what might pass for a decent high school venue and lost on the road to Vandy, which isn't a bad loss. Has MU been great? No. But they haven't fallen as far as he expected.

Some teams he was expecting to do well have also not met his expectations in the early stages of the season (OU and ISU, specifically).

I don't feel slighted one bit. But I do get the impression that he maybe is a bit reluctant to admit that just maybe MU isn't as bad as he thought they would be.

No way Mizzou, OU, or even Kansas should be 40 points better than a team like oregon that has sufficient talent. It was a horrible coaching job by Oregon and if you want to tout Mrszouri's prowess on the court, I'm sure their are boards you can do that. It's not BTs job to do that. They have lost two games.....

"Validate me!!!"

-Sawyer

'Don't lose to Richmond next time!'

-BT

Obviously, you do feel slighted or you wouldn't be on here trumpeting every win, and talking up Anderson and your recruiting class.

I expected Mizzou to wipe a bad Oregon team at home. Every team in the our conference would beat Oregon at home. Its just not an impressive win. Come back when you have done something impressive, and I will give you some credit (like I did when you got Tony Mitchell.).

As for OU, the Sooners are going to have to get a lot better. No doubt about it. I don't think anyone on this board thought they would be as bad defensively as they have been. The scoring is certainly there, and once Willie gets his outside shot straightened out, then things will be even better. You are right, in that I had OU too high at #4 in the conference (sometimes even at #3).

I still think that ISU makes it in the dance over Mizzou. I still think that OU makes it in the dance over Mizzou.

Teams in imo:

KU
UT
KSU
A&M
OSU
OU or Baylor
ISU

OU plays a really favorable schedule this year in the Big 12. If the Sooners can take care of ISU, Mizzou, and KSU at home, then they will make the dance. If not, then I think Baylor gets in.

Do you pull this "look at me!" song and dance on your big brothers' boards? I bet you do, or I bet you did until you were banned....

If you're allowed to use this excuse for Richmond, can we use it too for our loss to San Diego or VCU?

Thanks.

Teams in imo:

KU
UT
KSU
A&M
OSU
OU or Baylor
ISU

I find this list humerous. OU is 4-3 and has not looked good all year...

Meanwhile, Tech is 8-0 with a top 10 win and two wins over the Pac-10 and they are not on your list. How do you assume OU and ISU will be in the NCAA Tournament with no consideration for Tech at this point?

You are hoping OU develops into a tourney team and expecting Tech to fall apart, yet you have seen nothing to indicate that will be the case.

Speaking of favorable schedules, Tech gets UTEP, Wichita State, and Stanford at home to bolster the non-conference resume. They also get Iowa State, Missouri, and Kansas State at home.

I wonder if OU was 8-0 and looked like Tech has, and if Tech was 4-3 and looked like OU has if you would have OU out and Tech in, lol. Probably not, considering Tech is 8-0 and you still don't have them as possibility.

Last edited:
I find this list humerous. OU is 4-3 and has not looked good all year...

Meanwhile, Tech is 8-0 with a top 10 win and two wins over the Pac-10 and they are not on your list. How do you assume OU and ISU will be in the NCAA Tournament with no consideration for Tech at this point?

You are hoping OU develops into a tourney team and expecting Tech to fall apart, yet you have seen nothing to indicate that will be the case.

Speaking of favorable schedules, Tech gets UTEP, Wichita State, and Stanford at home to bolster the non-conference resume. They also get Iowa State, Missouri, and Kansas State at home.

I wonder if OU was 8-0 and looked like Tech has, and if Tech was 4-3 and looked like OU has if you would have OU out and Tech in, lol. Probably not, considering Tech is 8-0 and you still don't have them as possibility.

I am not assuming OU or ISU or Baylor make it to the dance. If you will notice, they are at the bottom of the list, and it will all come down to how many the Big 12 gets in.

Do you really believe that Tech is going to make the dance? Or are you just attacking me with well-placed "lols" to make it seem like you are not.

I wasn't making a power poll. I am predicting what I think will happen.

This would be a power poll of this conference at this time:

KU
Texas
Kansas State
Texas A&M
Texas Tech
OSU
Baylor
Missouri
Iowa State
Colorado
Oklahoma
Nebraksa

Now is this how you think it will end up at the end of the year? I don't "lol".

Cut the crap, you guys. If I wanted intramural sniping I'd stay at Insider.

Back