Big Ten, ACC, Pac-12 alliance ?

Well, here are the four favorites to make up the new Big XII Conference:

https://www.espn.com/college-footba...p-candidates-big-12-expansion-sources-confirm

It's probably the best they can do under the circumstances...BYU is a bit "high maintenance", but overall, not a bad list. Adding Cincinnati gives WVU a local rival, Houston (thanks to Kelvin) will help with basketball, but need to upgrade their football program. UCF appears to be the weak link here...but dipping into the Florida market may be more lucrative than Idaho.

Pretty consistent with what we have been discussing, although I never mention Houston.... And, I still think they should go with 6. If these are the top candidates, they should definitely consider adding two more and getting Boise State and either Memphis, South Florida or East Carolina in addition to it.

Division A
Texas Tech
Kansas
Kansas State
TCU
Iowa State
Boise State
BYU

Division B
Oklahoma State
Houston
West Virginia
Cincy
UCF
Memphis
Baylor

Very good league.... Best possible outcome for sure. Have a path to the playoff. Stronger than the Pac 12 in both football and basketball.

Make it happen.

Well, here are the four favorites to make up the new Big XII Conference:

https://www.espn.com/college-footba...p-candidates-big-12-expansion-sources-confirm

It's probably the best they can do under the circumstances...BYU is a bit "high maintenance", but overall, not a bad list. Adding Cincinnati gives WVU a local rival, Houston (thanks to Kelvin) will help with basketball, but need to upgrade their football program. UCF appears to be the weak link here...but dipping into the Florida market may be more lucrative than Idaho.

The read from the OSU fan board is less than enthusiastic about the announcement. One poster referred to it by stating the conference will be renamed the "Average 12" while another poster mentioned "commuter school" and the conference needed rabid fans and not rabbit fans.

The read from the OSU fan board is less than enthusiastic about the announcement. One poster referred to it by stating the conference will be renamed the "Average 12" while another poster mentioned "commuter school" and the conference needed rabid fans and not rabbit fans.

Given the options they (OSU) have (or don't have), they should be pretty happy. It's a league they have a chance to "lead" in football, if they get their crap together.

I like it. That looks like a fun league to me, and it consists of adding many of the same teams that I was interested in adding when the Big 12 was looking at expansion a few years ago.

That is one heck of a basketball league.

Division A
Texas Tech
Kansas
Kansas State
TCU
Iowa State
Boise State
BYU

Division B
Oklahoma State
Houston
West Virginia
Cincy
UCF
Memphis
Baylor

Very good league.... Best possible outcome for sure. Have a path to the playoff. Stronger than the Pac 12 in both football and basketball.

Make it happen.

That's a very solid basketball league, football will be average. Have to think recruiting will take a big hit with the remaining teams with OU & Texas gone.

That's a very solid basketball league, football will be average. Have to think recruiting will take a big hit with the remaining teams with OU & Texas gone.

It's better than the Pac 12 in football.... And yes, very good basketball league.

It's better than the Pac 12 in football.... And yes, very good basketball league.

I don't think it is. No one is as consistently good as Oregon. Washington has been better than all as well, USC is like Texas where they have the ability to be a top 5 program again under the right coach. Also the Big12 will get much worse with recruiting since OU & Texas are leaving.

The professional guessers are saying Houston in place of Boise State.

I wonder what Kelvin would think about that?

Sorry, abd, but there is no way that proposed new Big XII is as good as the PAC-12 in football. And like others have pointed out, OU and Texas leaving will negatively impact the recruiting. It is a good basketball league, though. Houston and Cincinnati will be great challenges for the likes of Kansas and Baylor.

Sorry, abd, but there is no way that proposed new Big XII is as good as the PAC-12 in football. And like others have pointed out, OU and Texas leaving will negatively impact the recruiting. It is a good basketball league, though. Houston and Cincinnati will be great challenges for the likes of Kansas and Baylor.

Come on man... that league is not very good. Bunch of has-been's and **** programs. UCLA has been god-awful for a long time. Cal is never good. Colorado sucks... Oregon, USC, and Stanford are the only legit programs in that league.

• Oregon State - Terrible
  • Washington State without Leach - Terrible
  • Arizona - Terrible
  • Colorado - Terrible
  • Cal - Terrible
  • Arizona State - Terrible (5 winning seasons in last 10 years... 5-7 win team consistently)
  • UCLA - Terrible (3-4, 4-8, 3-9, 6-7, 4-8 last 5 seasons)
  • Oregon - Good
  • Washington - Good, nothin great
  • USC - Good, nothin great since Pete Carroll left a long time ago
  • Utah - Ok...
  • Stanford - Good

The only mistake I am seeing so far with the Big 12 is not adding Boise and one other and getting to 14. Boise adds just enough more football credibility, but it's already a good league.

Get Boise State signed up and this league is in business. They want to join. Their athletic director said it yesterday. Grab Memphis and Boise and and you've got a really fun league for football and a really good basketball league.

UCLA may be the best team in the Pac 12 this year in football.

UCLA may be the best team in the Pac 12 this year in football.

#20 Washington got beat by Montana and only put up 7 points
BYU beat Arizona
Nevada beat Cal
Kansas State blew out Stanford
Utah State beat Washington State
Purdue beat Oregon State

Oregon beat Fresno by a touchdown in a game where Fresno was winning in the 4th quarter.

To your point, UCLA may be the best team in that dump of a league.

#20 Washington got beat by Montana and only put up 7 points
BYU beat Arizona
Nevada beat Cal
Kansas State blew out Stanford
Utah State beat Washington State
Purdue beat Oregon State

Oregon beat Fresno by a touchdown in a game where Fresno was winning in the 4th quarter.

To your point, UCLA may be the best team in that dump of a league.

Come on man.

OU barely beat Tulane.
OSU beat Missouri State by 7 points.
Baylor beat Texas State by 9 points.
Iowa State beat Northern Iowa by 6 points.
Kansas beat South Dakota by 3 points.
WVU lost to Maryland.

Not like the Big 12 looked like world beaters yesterday.

Come on man.

OU barely beat Tulane.
WVU lost to Maryland.

So, OU may be the best team in this dump of a league? ;)

Come on man.

OU barely beat Tulane.
WVU lost to Maryland.

The key difference there being that Big 12 teams largely won, and Pac 12 teams didn't.

But granted, the big 12 looked like crap.

I still think OU struggles when they go over to the SEC. My spidey-sense fears a Nebraska style kinda thing. It won't be that bad, but OU will become less relevant over there.

Back