Bijan portals

StoopsBros

Reaction score
Standalone thread for this news...

[TWEET]https://twitter.com/VerbalCommits/status/1637915669881561088[/TWEET]

I hate that it didn't work out but...

1) this has a chance to work out for Bijan. Drop a level, get some PT, and make a true impact game in/game out.

2) frees up a scholarship and there are a million (slight exaggeration) good PG/CG types out there...who can make an impact at OU.

I hate that it didn't work out but...

1) this has a chance to work out for Bijan. Drop a level, get some PT, and make a true impact game in/game out.

2) frees up a scholarship and there are a million (slight exaggeration) good PG/CG types out there...who can make an impact at OU.

i think it will work out well for him ..

he should find a team that plays at a high tempo .. he will do very well

Good luck to Bijan!

Hopefully he finds what he is looking for.

Moser's issues with player retention continue apace. I'm not saying Bijan was ever going to be an All-Big 12 player or anything but he was a local kid and a solid contributor--easy to cheer for. There was a definitely a place for him on the team and it's one more slot that Moser must now fill from the portal--not his strength to date.

i think it will work out well for him ..

he should find a team that plays at a high tempo .. he will do very well

Agreed. He'd do well in a run/gun offense. A team like Saint Louis. Top 15 in assists per game.

Anyone who reads Scoop...

The off-the-wall school is probably Loyola...mentioned by Coach T.

Last edited:
REALLY early look at some program that hit follow on Bijan's twitter....

Hawaii
Lander (D2, I think, definitely isn't D1)
Texas-Arlington (but I'm not sure Dwight Thorne II will stay on KT's staff)
Queens University of Charlotte
Tarleton
Emporia State (D2)
Oregon State
Illinois-Chicago
East Carolina

More will jump into the mix, surely, unless he already knows where he wants to go. And of course, there are past relationships that can't be measured by new follows...like KT Turner, Saint Louis, Omaha, etc.

I'd go to Hawaii. Haha.

Moser's issues with player retention continue apace. I'm not saying Bijan was ever going to be an All-Big 12 player or anything but he was a local kid and a solid contributor--easy to cheer for. There was a definitely a place for him on the team and it's one more slot that Moser must now fill from the portal--not his strength to date.

I like Bijan, but let’s not pretend he is the level of player hard to replace. He averaged 3 points, 2 rebounds and 2 assists per game. Out of the high school class with him, Sean Pedulla and Trey Alexander, he has by far had the least productive career.

I like Bijan, but let’s not pretend he is the level of player hard to replace. He averaged 3 points, 2 rebounds and 2 assists per game. Out of the high school class with him, Sean Pedulla and Trey Alexander, he has by far had the least productive career.

Where did I overstate? He's a local kid, which is a point in his favor in my view. Not the be-all, end-all, by any means, but I hate to see it not work out for an in-state player. And we have some investment in him--which we won't have in whoever might be brought in to replace him.

Speaking of which, there's no guarantee the guys in the portal thread, who have amassed semi-flashy stats at lesser programs, will be any better. Moser has not proven himself to be a whiz at working the portal. Bamisile, for example, averaged 4 points, 2 rebounds and 0.5 assists per game. I'd definitely prefer we retain Cortes over him.

Everyone on our team is hypothetically replaceable--there's not a Player of the Year candidate in the bunch--but trusting that Moser will replace anyone who transfers out with someone better is, at this point in time, a leap of faith.

Bigger loss than most ppl will realize. Kid could have put up much better numbers in a fast paced offense and if dudes would hit open shots for him.. Easily the best passer on team.. would have been a great role guy 10-20min guy for the next two seasons for OU. Not a great look in my opinion. Porter gotta find something now!!

Bigger loss than most ppl will realize. Kid could have put up much better numbers in a fast paced offense and if dudes would hit open shots for him.. Easily the best passer on team.. would have been a great role guy 10-20min guy for the next two seasons for OU. Not a great look in my opinion. Porter gotta find something now!!

I wholeheartedly agree with this. Bijan could become an 6-8 PPG and 3-5 APG type player for OU with a few more productive players around him.

I'm sorry to see him go, but I wish this Oklahoma kid much success wherever he lands.

REALLY early look at some program that hit follow on Bijan's twitter....

Hawaii
Lander (D2, I think, definitely isn't D1)
Texas-Arlington (but I'm not sure Dwight Thorne II will stay on KT's staff)
Queens University of Charlotte
Tarleton
Emporia State (D2)
Oregon State
Illinois-Chicago
East Carolina

More will jump into the mix, surely, unless he already knows where he wants to go. And of course, there are past relationships that can't be measured by new follows...like KT Turner, Saint Louis, Omaha, etc.

I'd go to Hawaii. Haha.

Of those, id to go oregon state instantly

Yup. The dumbs on here will undervalue him. But this could hurt significantly. He had a handful of moments where he turned the tide in games.

Back