Bijan portals

We need more talent and more athleticism and you all are crying over BC leaving?

Good grief.

We need more talent and more athleticism and you all are crying over BC leaving?

Good grief.

Him leaving means we now have to find how many guards in the portal? 2 or 3? I'll say if we sign 3 wing/guard types to replace GS/Cortes one of them will be much worse than Cortes. The odds aren't in our favor in finding 4-5 good players from the portal. You will miss on more than you hit.. Unless you get lucky like Tang at KSU.

Him leaving means we now have to find how many guards in the portal? 2 or 3? I'll say if we sign 3 wing/guard types to replace GS/Cortes one of them will be much worse than Cortes. The odds aren't in our favor in finding 4-5 good players from the portal. You will miss on more than you hit.. Unless you get lucky like Tang at KSU.

Disagree. Cortes probably won’t even be a top 100 guard in the portal. He is very replaceable. If Moser can’t do it with presumably more competitive NIL, then we will know it probably isn’t going to work.

I don't know exactly what we need yet because we don't know who else may leave. But we can certainly replace BC's contributions. I'm fairly certain of that. I think Bob Stoops said it best, "We can find somebody to catch 8 balls."

And Tang didn't get lucky. He knows how to evaluate talent and coach it up.

This is a worse loss than losing Noland, but what Cortes does can be replaced. We may not like Moser's system, but he's got to find guys who will thrive in it.

Bigger loss than most ppl will realize. Kid could have put up much better numbers in a fast paced offense and if dudes would hit open shots for him.. Easily the best passer on team.. would have been a great role guy 10-20min guy for the next two seasons for OU. Not a great look in my opinion. Porter gotta find something now!!

Agree

We need a massive amount of roster turnover because the athletes we got last year just weren't up to snuff at guard, forward, and well we really didn't have a true center. Hope we get some good players in the portal but I'm not that hopeful that next year will have it fixed. Just need to recruit better overall. Some of this is on Moser some of it is on Kruger not recruiting well enough at his tail end but we got what we had last year which was a mess. Hopefully we keep Uzan and Oweh they seem to have promise. Godwin can be a good role player off the bench for a big guy. Rest of the roster can go for all I care.

If I thought we would replace him with someone more productive I would just wish him well (which I do anyway). But I have no confidence that will happen.

Some will say that we are screwed either way and that is probably true in our current environment. Cortes certainly wasn’t ever going to be all conference but he has improved and still has lots of room to improve more. He could turn into a good and consistent bench player that we need with the right help.

Now I am left to hope we will bring in someone better who is going to immediately contribute. Sorry, i will believe it when I see it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We need a massive amount of roster turnover because the athletes we got last year just weren't up to snuff at guard, forward, and well we really didn't have a true center. Hope we get some good players in the portal but I'm not that hopeful that next year will have it fixed. Just need to recruit better overall. Some of this is on Moser some of it is on Kruger not recruiting well enough at his tail end but we got what we had last year which was a mess. Hopefully we keep Uzan and Oweh they seem to have promise. Godwin can be a good role player off the bench for a big guy. Rest of the roster can go for all I care.

I don't think this is good at all. I liked him and thought he was improving each year and still has 2 more years to play. He had a good 3 pt %, and knew the system. The PM's program needs to show that he can develop players over their career because he wants four year players. When so many portal away, nothing is built, nothing is proven, recruiting gets harder.

This one hurts. Helped spark a nice little run in KC, which was the only sign of life we had in our third loss to the Aggies this season. Completely pulled one out of the fire last year against Iowa State in Norman.

I hope he does well. I hate losing Oklahoma kids. Square pegs and round holes with the way we're trying to play ball, though.

REALLY early look at some program that hit follow on Bijan's twitter....

Hawaii
Lander (D2, I think, definitely isn't D1)
Texas-Arlington (but I'm not sure Dwight Thorne II will stay on KT's staff)
Queens University of Charlotte
Tarleton
Emporia State (D2)
Oregon State
Illinois-Chicago
East Carolina

More will jump into the mix, surely, unless he already knows where he wants to go. And of course, there are past relationships that can't be measured by new follows...like KT Turner, Saint Louis, Omaha, etc.

I'd go to Hawaii. Haha.

More new follows...

Vermont
Longwood
Weber State
Portland State
Arkansas State (but you'd assume that staff is all fired, the HC was)
Cal State Fullerton
UC San Diego

Bijan has followed coaches from...

Nebraska
Weber State
Wake Forest
Cal
UNLV (Kevin Kruger)
UC San Diego
Cal State Fullerton
Arkansas State
Texas-Arlington
Hawaii
Oregon State
Illinois-Chicago
East Carolina

Bigger loss than most ppl will realize. Kid could have put up much better numbers in a fast paced offense and if dudes would hit open shots for him.. Easily the best passer on team.. would have been a great role guy 10-20min guy for the next two seasons for OU. Not a great look in my opinion. Porter gotta find something now!!

Jumping ITT kind of late, but saying Bijan was easily the best passer on the team is putting blinder's on for his weaknesses, too. Too many times h had a high TO rate for the minutes he did play. And his lack of defensive ability made him a liability as a guard in this conference. When you look at the guards at KU, Baylor, Texas, KSU, and soon-to-be Arkansas and Alabama, Bijan is just not at that level athletically.

I like Bijan. Good kid. And I agree he could be a great passer. But because his weaknesses, he was never going to be more than a 10-15 minute player. And if we can get someone else in the portal with better upside, it is worth the ship to upgrade.

Of course, that is the bigger issue. Not losing Bijan. But can we get upgrades in the portal.

Starting to look more and more like a Sherri Coale ran team, hopefully PM can turn it around.

Jumping ITT kind of late, but saying Bijan was easily the best passer on the team is putting blinder's on for his weaknesses, too. Too many times h had a high TO rate for the minutes he did play. And his lack of defensive ability made him a liability as a guard in this conference. When you look at the guards at KU, Baylor, Texas, KSU, and soon-to-be Arkansas and Alabama, Bijan is just not at that level athletically.

I like Bijan. Good kid. And I agree he could be a great passer. But because his weaknesses, he was never going to be more than a 10-15 minute player. And if we can get someone else in the portal with better upside, it is worth the ship to upgrade.

Of course, that is the bigger issue. Not losing Bijan. But can we get upgrades in the portal.

Never understood the Cortes love. There's a guy on the OU Rivals site that thought he was one of the best players on the team. Bijan brought out the weird in some OU fans. In the end, as anticipated he was a JAG.

Never understood the Cortes love. There's a guy on the OU Rivals site that thought he was one of the best players on the team. Bijan brought out the weird in some OU fans. In the end, as anticipated he was a JAG.

I hate that term. It's disrespectful.

And no one here is saying Cortes was a superstar in the making but he can be a contributor--he already has been--and likely would have only improved his final two seasons (he's one of the few guys on the team who's progressed over the past two years).

It's so easy to dismiss a player--but to do so always presumes that we'll easily snap up somebody just as good or better, and there is absolutely no guarantee that happens.

There's also the idea of loyalty to players. Some people approach being a fan as if they're GMs for a professional team, as if these young men are just chess pieces. Bijan signed with Kruger, honored his commitment despite Kruger's departure, worked his tail off, contributed to the team, showed improvement, comported himself well. That's a guy who deserves our respect and loyalty. Not insulting tags like "JAG."

I hate that term. It's disrespectful.

And no one here is saying Cortes was a superstar in the making but he can be a contributor--he already has been--and likely would have only improved his final two seasons (he's one of the few guys on the team who's progressed over the past two years).

It's so easy to dismiss a player--but to do so always presumes that we'll easily snap up somebody just as good or better, and there is absolutely no guarantee that happens.

There's also the idea of loyalty to players. Some people approach being a fan as if they're GMs for a professional team, as if these young men are just chess pieces. Bijan signed with Kruger, honored his commitment despite Kruger's departure, worked his tail off, contributed to the team, showed improvement, comported himself well. That's a guy who deserves our respect and loyalty. Not insulting tags like "JAG."

Not sure you can be loyal to a guy that just left after his Sophomore season, and yes. He was a pure JAG.

Just a lazy take here.

So we can expect 3 final fours? Sign me up.
I was talking about SC later teams, but if PM gets OU in 3 final fours then he should be able to not recruit and just go to fund raiser dinners

Back