Blake and Taylor at Dodger Stadium

Why has this turned into a thread about watches? lol

you're right. back to the topic at hand. who were the dodgers playing? who were the griffins rooting for? the people need to know!

I would have a custom home built, complete with a 2nd floor balcony (off the master bedroom) that overlooks my pool.

As for a watch, I wouldn't even consider buying one.

I would have a custom home built, complete with a 2nd floor balcony (off the master bedroom) that overlooks my pool.

Ditto. And don't forget the lake my house would be built on.

I'm not into fancy watches or jewelry and wouldn't buy them if I had money to burn. Not criticizing people who do, just saying it's not something I'm interested in.

Aren't you first supposed to buy an Escalade and then a watch?

Escalades are sooooo 2004. Its all about Murcielagos and Maybachs.

images-1.jpg

i agree, can a car or vehicle to transport you back and forth to the games...then u may get your watch..:clap:clap:woot

I can't believe people would waste that kind of money on watches. Talk about superficiality.

The money should be wasted on a nice Savile Row suit instead.

you're right. back to the topic at hand. who were the dodgers playing? who were the griffins rooting for? the people need to know!

They were playing the Padres. The Dodgers won it in a great game. Midwest City native, Matt Kemp drove in a run in the 7th on a triple to give the Dodgers the lead. Manny went deep as well. I didn't see the Griffins's, but I doubt they were rooting for the Padres. It was going nuts last night at Chavez Ravine.

-ClipperSooner

Back in my wilder, less disciplined days, I was known to have a watch or 3 in excess of a few G's. I had a very nice custom made Movado with diamonds around the face. It was a gift from a... ummm, business partner in DC. He was about 23 yrs old, and was upgrading to a Rolex Presidential.

I had more than 3 incidents where I had to clutch my heat as I prepared for the jackers to try and jack my watch.:ez-roll::ez-roll:

Young people spend money freely because they don't consider it wasted money. The hip hop culture is very tied up in fashion/materialism. Go to any projects in most inner cities, and you wil see poverty stricken apts with tenants wearing thousands of dollars in jewelry. It becomes a status symbol, and the kids SADLY, are drawn into doing most anything to get it. Most won't address the problem, or most will just thumb their noses as they talk about how foolish it is, which is true.

As for Blake, he can afford it LEGALLY. I'm sure that the watch won't effect his ability to build a nice house or 10. Check the NBA payroll lately????:)

Back in my wilder, less disciplined days, I was known to have a watch or 3 in excess of a few G's. I had a very nice custom made Movado with diamonds around the face. It was a gift from a... ummm, business partner in DC. He was about 23 yrs old, and was upgrading to a Rolex Presidential.

I had more than 3 incidents where I had to clutch my heat as I prepared for the jackers to try and jack my watch.:ez-roll::ez-roll:

Young people spend money freely because they don't consider it wasted money. The hip hop culture is very tied up in fashion/materialism. Go to any projects in most inner cities, and you wil see poverty stricken apts with tenants wearing thousands of dollars in jewelry. It becomes a status symbol, and the kids SADLY, are drawn into doing most anything to get it. Most won't address the problem, or most will just thumb their noses as they talk about how foolish it is, which is true.

As for Blake, he can afford it LEGALLY. I'm sure that the watch won't effect his ability to build a nice house or 10. Check the NBA payroll lately????:)

There was sure some sweet bling at the NFL draft. It appears the new gig is a big honking watch with a matching big honking bracelet on the opposite wrist.

Silver is in like flint.

The bracelet to match the watch is kinda old and finally starting to play itself out. Michael Crabtree had a nice piece on.

The bracelet to match the watch is kinda old and finally starting to play itself out. Michael Crabtree had a nice piece on.

It changes from city to city, hood to hood....

Oklahoma, being the fashion mecca that it is( insert sarcasm), seems to always be a lil late on fashion sense. I see young kids here going COOGI crazy, when we threw our COOGI sweaters, shirts, and watches to the side about 12 yrs ago on the east coast.

My niece is 20 and grew up in OKC. She is very fashion conscious, and she can't believe that COOGI was popular back in the day in NY/DC/B'More/Jersey/Philly, etc.

It goes in cycles..... Whatever the rappers/rb peeps/athletes are wearing, the hip hop culture will folow suit, even if a select few can really afford the stuff. I played that game for yrs, and it isn't worth it to me anymore. 50 dollar watch/5000 dollar watch, the pursuit of the latter is part of the reason inner city crime rates are through the roof. Not the only reason, but part of the problem... NEW FOCUS needed. I wish that we would pursue EDUCATION/MORAL VALUES with the same passion as we pursue ice/jewels....

Rant over.....:ez-laugh:

GO LAKERS!!!!!!

Last edited:
I am so proud I started a thread that turned into something that has nothing to do with what it was about. lol

I thought Frank M was in Northern California?

And yes, it was a great game. I am a die hard Dodger fan. Dad is from LA area. But I only get out there every so often now because I don't have family there anymore. I have to settle for the MLB Extra Innings package on DTV which is pretty much the best thing ever for me being able to watch the Dodgers anytime I want.

Dodgers are looking good at 16-8!

I'm a huge dodgers fan as well and being from pa. Mlb extra innings is a godsend.a good way to spend the summer before hoops begins

I am so proud I started a thread that turned into something that has nothing to do with what it was about. lol

I thought Frank M was in Northern California?

I was answering your question, you asked why they were at a Dodgers-Padres game, I invited them over to the game. Crazy Frank is based out of San Francisco but he trains all over California. They trained mostly there last year but he mixes it up. They trained today in San Luis Obispo.

I was answering your question, you asked why they were at a Dodgers-Padres game, I invited them over to the game. Crazy Frank is based out of San Francisco but he trains all over California. They trained mostly there last year but he mixes it up. They trained today in San Luis Obispo.

Quick I know you were answering my question, and I thank you. I was referring to all the other people in the thread turning it into some crap about watches and what not.

What do you mean you invited them to a game? Do you live in LA and are a Dodger fan?

Quick I know you were answering my question, and I thank you. I was referring to all the other people in the thread turning it into some crap about watches and what not.

What do you mean you invited them to a game? Do you live in LA and are a Dodger fan?

:D:D

Sorry Spence, I helped hijack your thread and turn it into, well.... something else. That is what always amazes me about message boards, how the topic can migrate so quickly. Sorry that we hijacked this one.....

:D:D

Sorry Spence, I helped hijack your thread and turn it into, well.... something else. That is what always amazes me about message boards, how the topic can migrate so quickly. Sorry that we hijacked this one.....

It's no big deal, I was not mad about it or anything, just thought it was kinda silly and was trying to get it back on track.

Back