Blake got screwed!

AdaSooner

Admin Emeritus
Reaction score
If you saw last night's Clippers/Warriors game you already know what I mean.

BG didn't get the shaft once, the officials hit him with two undeserved technical fouls within a span of two to three minutes that resulted in an ejection. Even the announcers were outraged that he received more than a common foul for his part in the incidents.

It's too late to change the calls now, but at least the NBA has acknowledged the officials made a mistake.

http://msn.foxsports.com/nba/story/...-been-ejected-vs-golden-state-warriors-122613

Ridiculous. The worst part is that they went to video and still got it wrong.

The NBA officials are so worried about not letting games get out of hand that they will give technicals out when any scrum happens no matter what. Its almost a double technical every time even with review.

He's rep isn't helping. I love OU and Blake but he's kind of a whinny punk in the nba. He dishes out his fair share of being a turd.

The first one should not have been a tech but I agree with the second double technical. Both players were grabbing and not letting go.

And you can't base if a foul should be a technical on if they already have one. So I have not issue with him getting ejected.

Blake dishes out a lot of the same kind of plays. For him to call it cowardly basketball is laughable. He needs to stop playing and acting like a b

Even the NBA released a statement the the officials were wrong to eject blake

well the officials didn't eject Blake.

So who issued the technicals? God?

Here is the quote from the League office

"After a league review of the Clippers-Warriors game, we have come to the conclusion that Blake Griffin should not have been ejected from the game," NBA president of basketball operations Rod Thorn said in a statement Thursday. "A common foul should have been called on Griffin for initially attempting to dislodge the Warriors' Andrew Bogut and a technical foul should have been assessed to Bogut for grabbing Griffin by the shirt and wrestling with him."

The first one should not have been a tech but I agree with the second double technical. Both players were grabbing and not letting go.

And you can't base if a foul should be a technical on if they already have one. So I have not issue with him getting ejected.

Blake dishes out a lot of the same kind of plays. For him to call it cowardly basketball is laughable. He needs to stop playing and acting like a b

Blake does not dish out the same kind of plays. He doesn't elbow anyone above the shoulders. The second was a common foul at worst, that happens everyday in the league.

He called it cowardly basketball, because the Warriors knew Blake already had one tech, and since the NBA always resorts to a double tech regardless of the situation, it made sense for the Warriors to start something. The NBA needs to get rid of the double tech, because this is something teams will do now if a star player already as one technical foul. They'll just have one of their players sacrifice a tech in order to get the double technical called and have the star player ejected.

well the officials didn't eject Blake.

If you're suggesting that when Blake got the second technical, it's an automatic ejection, you'd be right. But putting his reputation and his antics aside, the officials got it wrong by giving him the second T in the first place. I don't like BG's antics either, but that doesn't change the fact that he didn't do anything to warrant the second technical. And, as MNSooner said, the officials blew the call with the benefit of instant replay and plenty of time to make the right decision.

Frankly, Rod Thorn didn't have much choice but to issue the release Max Power posted. Even a novice NBA fan could clearly see the officials went too far. I have a lot more respect for Thorn for making that admission, than the three gutless officials who were trying to please the home crowd.

So who issued the technicals? God?

Here is the quote from the League office

"After a league review of the Clippers-Warriors game, we have come to the conclusion that Blake Griffin should not have been ejected from the game," NBA president of basketball operations Rod Thorn said in a statement Thursday. "A common foul should have been called on Griffin for initially attempting to dislodge the Warriors' Andrew Bogut and a technical foul should have been assessed to Bogut for grabbing Griffin by the shirt and wrestling with him."

I was being more of a smart ass but the refs didn't technically eject blake. They gave him the technical and the rules state that he is ejected. It's not a case where they decided to eject him.

Blake does not dish out the same kind of plays. He doesn't elbow anyone above the shoulders. The second was a common foul at worst, that happens everyday in the league.

He called it cowardly basketball, because the Warriors knew Blake already had one tech, and since the NBA always resorts to a double tech regardless of the situation, it made sense for the Warriors to start something. The NBA needs to get rid of the double tech, because this is something teams will do now if a star player already as one technical foul. They'll just have one of their players sacrifice a tech in order to get the double technical called and have the star player ejected.

oh, you mean like the clippers did against the Thunder? lol

If you're suggesting that when Blake got the second technical, it's an automatic ejection, you'd be right. But putting his reputation and his antics aside, the officials got it wrong by giving him the second T in the first place. I don't like BG's antics either, but that doesn't change the fact that he didn't do anything to warrant the second technical. And, as MNSooner said, the officials blew the call with the benefit of instant replay and plenty of time to make the right decision.

Frankly, Rod Thorn didn't have much choice but to issue the release Max Power posted. Even a novice NBA fan could clearly see the officials went too far. I have a lot more respect for Thorn for making that admission, than the three gutless officials who were trying to please the home crowd.

The first tech is the one that shouldn't have happened.

The second one is called a tech 90 percent of the time in the league.

oh, you mean like the clippers did against the Thunder? lol

Which game are you saying the Clips intentionally tried to get a Thunder guy ejected? Please don't tell me you think they did that to Ibaka.

I am sorry but Blake is not a punk, yes he pushes and shoves but I haven't seen him take guys out, elbow in the face or do any of the crap that Ibaka does a lot. Pushing in the back on rebounds and such yes. However if I was Blake and took the shots he does, I would have donated a lot of money in fines for drilling guys.

He does his fair share of stuff, however to call him a punk is weak.

Blake is his own worst enemy on the court. His demeanor can be pouty with a touch of showboat/posing mixed in. It seems the fury in his game is limited to dunking. Is it me or does he seem to play at about half speed other than when he has a clear path to the basket for a dunk?

You almost wonder if his injury history has him playing too cautious.

The first tech is the one that shouldn't have happened.

The second one is called a tech 90 percent of the time in the league.

Positioning for a rebound? There was a push in the back by Blake but that's it. That happens every game, hundreds of times and goes uncalled. At worst that's a common foul. Grabbing the jersey, the way in which Bogut did, is a tech. But if you think what Blake did is a tech 90% of the time in the league, then you don't watch enough NBA basketball.

Blake is his own worst enemy on the court. His demeanor can be pouty with a touch of showboat/posing mixed in. It seems the fury in his game is limited to dunking. Is it me or does he seem to play at about half speed other than when he has a clear path to the basket for a dunk?

You almost wonder if his injury history has him playing too cautious.

You're crazy. Blake is playing better and averaging more points and assists than in any NBA year. He's not taking plays off and his minutes are up.

The thing is the Clips would have won the Warriors game had Blake not been tossed. The Thunder would have won the Clippers game had Ibaka not been tossed. Matt Barnes was an expendable goon.

In both cases the NBA reviewed the plays and determined the refs were in the wrong.

I think, in those situations, where a team loses a close game with an improperly tossed player, the losing team should receive a half-point which they can use in a final standings in case of a tie (for playoff seeding purposes).

For instance, if the Clips and the Rockets tie for fourth place, the Clips get to use their accumulation of 1/2 point do-overs to get the actual # 4 spot in the seeding.

Back