Blake got screwed!

Which game are you saying the Clips intentionally tried to get a Thunder guy ejected? Please don't tell me you think they did that to Ibaka.

Every team does that. And I mean every team. If you know Ibaka, Griffen, even Durant already has a Tech, you may foul alittle harder on the drive to the goal, you may talk alittle more trash. You may push alittle more then you would otherwise. As long as you are not being dirty its just part of the game. If you have one Tech, they will always try to get you to react and get another one. ( And I am not talking cheap shot to get reaction) Its just like if a player is in foul trouble, you will try to use that to your advantage.

That is what the Warriors did, Granted Bogut took it to far, but the point is they tried to take advanate of Griffen already having a technical.

Which game are you saying the Clips intentionally tried to get a Thunder guy ejected? Please don't tell me you think they did that to Ibaka.

I am sorry but Blake is not a punk, yes he pushes and shoves but I haven't seen him take guys out, elbow in the face or do any of the crap that Ibaka does a lot. Pushing in the back on rebounds and such yes. However if I was Blake and took the shots he does, I would have donated a lot of money in fines for drilling guys.

He does his fair share of stuff, however to call him a punk is weak.

Where did I call him a punk?

But yes, I think Blake does things intentionally to get people to lose their cool and do something stupid. Nothing wrong with it, but don't call other people cowards for doing the same thing.

Positioning for a rebound? There was a push in the back by Blake but that's it. That happens every game, hundreds of times and goes uncalled. At worst that's a common foul. Grabbing the jersey, the way in which Bogut did, is a tech. But if you think what Blake did is a tech 90% of the time in the league, then you don't watch enough NBA basketball.

this is funny. b/c you mention bogut grabbing the jersey is a tech. Blake grabbed a jersey too. So thanks for making my point.

I think, in those situations, where a team loses a close game with an improperly tossed player, the losing team should receive a half-point which they can use in a final standings in case of a tie (for playoff seeding purposes).

For instance, if the Clips and the Rockets tie for fourth place, the Clips get to use their accumulation of 1/2 point do-overs to get the actual # 4 spot in the seeding.
you are joking right?

You're crazy. Blake is playing better and averaging more points and assists than in any NBA year. He's not taking plays off and his minutes are up.

Blake has the lowest PER of his career at 21.1 which is not even top 20 in the league. Kevin Love, Anthony Davis, Demarcus Cousins, Dirk Nowitzki, & LaMarcus Aldridge are all better PFs in the western conference.

Blake has the lowest PER of his career at 21.1 which is not even top 20 in the league. Kevin Love, Anthony Davis, Demarcus Cousins, Dirk Nowitzki, & LaMarcus Aldridge are all better PFs in the western conference.

It's hard to ignore a player that is scoring 23 ppg, 11 reb, 50% FG and 3.5 apg. He is having a great season

It's hard to ignore a player that is scoring 23 ppg, 11 reb, 50% FG and 3.5 apg. He is having a great season

Blake is having a great year. He has also shown this year he has an improving Jump shot. And the old saying comes into play. Who would you take before Blake for PF if starting your own team. Not many if any at all.

The thing is the Clips would have won the Warriors game had Blake not been tossed. The Thunder would have won the Clippers game had Ibaka not been tossed. Matt Barnes was an expendable goon.

In both cases the NBA reviewed the plays and determined the refs were in the wrong.

I think it's karma and it all works itself out in the wash, Sure I'd like to see the Thunder get a W, and Blake not get ejected but oh well.

I wish they could rescind the T during the game, but that would totally take away from the game itself. But Blakes fouls were how many real time minutes apart? That represents a hot head, and it gets you thrown out in most games.

How many bad calls existed when there weren't multiple cameras available for review? How many technicals were rescinded in the old days?

Kevin Love, Anthony Davis, Demarcus Cousins, Dirk Nowitzki, & LaMarcus Aldridge are all better PFs in the western conference.

2 out of 5 ain't bad, I guess. Love is phenomenal and Aldridge has been better than Blake so far. Cousins stats are similar to Blake's, except field goal pct. Cousins plays closer to the basket yet doesn't even make 50% of his shots...and his team sucks to boot...on the bubble to make his first all-star appearance. Dirk must be playing small forward...not sure there is a starting power forward in the league averaging 6 rebounds a game. Davis plays a lot of center...perhaps in 2-3 years you can compare him to Blake, but definitely not yet.

And for some icing, Blake will be an All-Star for the fourth time in four years....scary to think that would actually bother some fans on this board.

Where did I call him a punk?

But yes, I think Blake does things intentionally to get people to lose their cool and do something stupid. Nothing wrong with it, but don't call other people cowards for doing the same thing.

That whole post wasn't a response to you. Sorry for the confusion.

I do disagree that he does what Bogut did. He doesn't try to get guys a second T, he just plays his game. Bogut has done this with other guys too, on other teams.

Blake does things that guys don't like, I understand that, however he was calling them cowardly for trying to get him thrown. I agree with that comment, especially when the guy isn't doing anything dirty. I guess Blake should have gotten A T for allowing Bogut to try and put him in a head lock.

Blake is in a no win situation. People call him soft if he doesn't react, but if he walks to a guy or doesn't allow them to hold his jersey, he gets Ts. It is weak.

However that is just my opinion.

Did anyone watch TNT the night after and listen to Charles Barkley, Shaq, and Kenny Smith talk about Blake's ejection before the Rockets/Grizzlies game? The Clippers/Trail Blazers game was the 2nd game of the double-header. They discussed it for 2-3 minutes on air. They agreed that Blake got screwed on the call, but went on to say that Blake is too nice of a guy and only reacts when he gets "bullied". Charles was adamant that Blake needs to become less predictable and start initiating some retribution. They said that until Blake goes on the offensive more, that he will continue to get bullied .... and they talked a lot about bullying. They said they know the 2nd guy never comes back as hard as the 1st guy when responding to a cheap shot. They claim that Blake is getting the nice guy reputation so he is subject to getting cheap shots, and it will continue until he begins to get more aggressive and therefore more unpredictable.

Blake did nothing wrong on that first T and the old fart threw a technical at him.

The second technical was pure bait as the defender was pulling Blake's jersey off of him. I thought it was a hockey fight.

Blake did nothing wrong on that play, but try to keep his jersey from being pulled off.

How the officials were able to go to the monitors and still missed should remind people that these officials hate to "get it right".

The NBA was correct in calling out the officials for the poor calls.

Back