Bob Barry Sr.

The difference is we know Carpenter is an OU guy. Thats fine, I like Bob Carpenter and enjoy his broadcasts. I miss Carpenter and Jimmy Dykes on the late night Mountain West game.

What is the over and under on the number of times that 4 point play from the Baylor game will be played on Senior Night this year?

I would love to sit down in over a couple of beers with Bob Barry and Merv Johnson and just listen to them tell stories - if they knew none of the stories would make their way into the press. They might not be as colorful as Switzer stories, but I bet they would be priceless.

Merv knows so much it is rediculous. He is a great guy to know and give you info on OU if you are friends with him. There isn't a nicer person at OU.

I about came unglued when Crock hit that 3 and was fouled! I think I actually passed out and was revived by a defibrillator! Seriously that was one of the best plays in OU history!

Bob Carpenter is Joe C's guy. He is going to take over when Barry steps down. Carpenter wants that to be 2 more years though before he takes over.

Bob is much better at football than basketball. That being said, I wouldn't call him amateurish. His best sport is baseball as he still does this often.

I really like Carpenter. I think he is Joe Buck - lite. He can announce multiple sports in a professional manner. He would be my 2nd choice behind Chuck Cooperstein. Unfortunately, Cooperstein has now entrenched himself as the main Dallas Mavericks play-by-play radio guy....that is, when Mark Followill is doing the TV games (which is around 75 games a year).

Back