Brackins Staying Put In Ames

Good for him. not sure how it really helps him but he would know better then us.

I like the core of players that Tech brings back. Okorie, Roberson, Singletary, and Lewandowski will make a jump in my opinion and their experience will trigger wins. I like baylor through the process of addition through subtraction. Curtis Jerrels was a guy who overdribbled and solely looked for his shot. Not a good combination at PG. I think Carter is more of a distributor and that if they run the majority of their offense through Dunn, they can have the same results as OSU who simplified things by limiting the opportunities of Muenelo and Page and ran the offense through Eaton and Anderson.

I like the core of players that Tech brings back. Okorie, Roberson, Singletary, and Lewandowski will make a jump in my opinion

They probably should make a big jump. Not to mention Brad Reese, David Tairu, and Theron Jenkins should help them a lot on the perimeter out of junior college. All three are very good shooters and athletes.

I just can't pick them high this year though. I don't believe in Pat Knight at all right now, and won't until he proves something. They played horrific defense, turned the ball over a lot, and got by looking "ok" at times last year because they have some good talent. They beat Kansas because KU took the night off and Voskuil hit like 10 three's, lol. I mean, how many times can you get 38 points out of Alan Voskuil?

Wow! I did not see that coming. This is great for the Big 12! Colvin and Brackins will be a nice combo. I still don't see them making any kind of postseason (maybe CBI).

This does change my Big 12 prediction:

KU
UT
KSU
OU
OSU
A&M (still waiting on Sloan, Chin, and Davis)
BU (Dennis will help)
MU (8 returning guys back but a weak recruiting class)
ISU
NEB (Sorry Doc)
Tech
CU (Sorry abd)

Way to get out of the cellar, Clones!

A lot of ISU's success lies in Gilstrap being an instant scorer from the JUCO ranks. I am not sure I would trust too many JUCOs to come in and give you 12-15 per game during their first year.

A lot of ISU's success lies in Gilstrap being an instant scorer from the JUCO ranks. I am not sure I would trust too many JUCOs to come in and give you 12-15 per game during their first year.

i wouldn't be surprised if gilstrap is good for that.

but they still are going to be guard challenged. gilstrap is basically just a slightly more mobile big with a nice shot. they already had plenty of those.

their success will be much more dependent on christopherson and colvin being able to come in and provide an immediate upgrade on perimeter. i'm not that convinced that they'll be able to do that.

i wouldn't be surprised if gilstrap is good for that.

but they still are going to be guard challenged. gilstrap is basically just a slightly more mobile big with a nice shot. they already had plenty of those.

their success will be much more dependent on christopherson and colvin being able to come in and provide an immediate upgrade on perimeter. i'm not that convinced that they'll be able to do that.

What's wrong with Lucca Staiger? I thought he was really solid as a freshman last year. He had his up's and down's, but I got the impression that Staiger was going to turn into a really solid player. He can really shoot.

Also, Gilstrap should be good for 15 a game. He is a really good recruit for them, and a lot of big schools backed off because they thought he would only have one year to play. However, he seems optimistic about his appeal with the NCAA to get another season.

Garrett, Gilstrap, Staiger, Colvin, Boozer, and Buckley should be a good set of guards. Then you have Brackins, Hamilton, Vandereken, and Laron Dendy (4 star guy out of high school) in the post.

They have some pieces now with Gilstrap, Staiger, and Brackins.

CU (Sorry abd)

Lol, that's fine.

You will see significant improvement out of the Buffs. Jeff Bzdelik got a couple of impact players, and returns 4 really young players last year that he liked a lot.

Significant improvement. Book it.

What's wrong with Lucca Staiger? I thought he was really solid as a freshman last year. He had his up's and down's, but I got the impression that Staiger was going to turn into a really solid player. He can really shoot.

Also, Gilstrap should be good for 15 a game. He is a really good recruit for them, and a lot of big schools backed off because they thought he would only have one year to play. However, he seems optimistic about his appeal with the NCAA to get another season.

Garrett, Gilstrap, Staiger, Colvin, Boozer, and Buckley should be a good set of guards. Then you have Brackins, Hamilton, Vandereken, and Laron Dendy (4 star guy out of high school) in the post.

They have some pieces now with Gilstrap, Staiger, and Brackins.

WW got 15 a game last year. Do you really think Gilstrap will do that as a first year JUCO in the D1 game? I don't think so.

Who was the last JUCO in the Big 12 to come right in and average 15 or better per game? I am curious.

Ace averaged 12.9 for us a first year and he was one of the better scoring JUCOs in the Big 12 that I can remember....
Relly averaged 12.5 his first year.

Last edited:
Lol, that's fine.

You will see significant improvement out of the Buffs. Jeff Bzdelik got a couple of impact players, and returns 4 really young players last year that he liked a lot.

Significant improvement. Book it.

No doubt that there will be improvement, but there will be quite a bit of improvement throughout the league. Who is in the cellar behind the buffs? Nebraska or Iowa State are the only two contenders (maybe Tech).

I didn't realize that Cookie and Harley were gone from huskerland. Doc is going to have to coach his socks off.

WW got 15 a game last year. Do you really think Gilstrap will do that as a first year JUCO in the D1 game? I don't think so.

Who was the last JUCO in the Big 12 to come right in and average 15 or better per game? I am curious.

Probably Mario Boggan. Stefhon Hannah came in and average 15+ out of juco for Mizzou. Taj Gray averaged around 15 right out of juco too. Nick Okorie averaged 12 for Tech last year in his first year.

Its not unheard of by any means to get 12-15 out of a juco, and there are plenty of recent examples of this.

Gilstrap is 6'6'', a great athlete, and shoots over 40% from the 3pt line. He averaged 22 and 10 on a team that had a few other D1 players on it. He was the player of the year in the best juco league in the country, and is the #2 juco nationally per ESPN.com

I will be shocked if ISU doesnt get 13-15 out of him next year.

Probably Mario Boggan. Stefhon Hannah came in and average 15+ out of juco for Mizzou. Taj Gray averaged around 15 right out of juco too. Nick Okorie averaged 12 for Tech last year in his first year.

Its not unheard of by any means to get 12-15 out of a juco, and there are plenty of recent examples of this.

Gilstrap is 6'6'', a great athlete, and shoots over 40% from the 3pt line. He averaged 22 and 10 on a team that had a few other D1 players on it. He was the player of the year in the best juco league in the country, and is the #2 juco nationally per ESPN.com

I will be shocked if ISU doesnt get 13-15 out of him next year.

You said 15. Taj was under (barely). Boggan was under (barely). Good call on Hannah. Mizzou ran a pretty high powered offense. I just think it would be rare for him to get 15 per game.

No doubt that there will be improvement, but there will be quite a bit of improvement throughout the league. Who is in the cellar behind the buffs? Nebraska or Iowa State are the only two contenders (maybe Tech).

CU will be in the middle of the pack next year. Probably 8-10 but those teams are separated from 5-7 by a game or two at the most. I think they will be a much tougher game for everyone, and they got OU, KSU, KU, and UT all they wanted last year. They will win a few of those next year.

Really though, their biggest improvement will be the year after next. They will still have their core that they had this year, but they will be upperclassmen and they will have added to it through recruiting (such as Tunks and Burks who they got this year).

I didn't realize that Cookie and Harley were gone from huskerland. Doc is going to have to coach his socks off.

It could be a really tough year for Doc. Cookie transferred, and Harley and Dagundoro graduated. They have 4 new starters, and an entire roster of new contributors. That just does not bode well for Nebraska.

CU will be in the middle of the pack next year. Probably 8-10 but those teams are separated from 5-7 by a game or two at the most. I think they will be a much tougher game for everyone, and they got OU, KSU, KU, and UT all they wanted last year. They will win a few of those next year.

Really though, their biggest improvement will be the year after next. They will still have their core that they had this year, but they will be upperclassmen and they will have added to it through recruiting (such as Tunks and Burks who they got this year).

It could be a really tough year for Doc. Cookie transferred, and Harley and Dagundoro graduated. They have 4 new starters, and an entire roster of new contributors. That just does not bode well for Nebraska.

I will eat my hat if CU finishes 8th this year. C'mon abd. That's absurd.

They have Tech, OU, and Baylor at home next year. They will get squashed at A&M, at UT, and at OSU. I bet that Baylor and OU beat them (close games). Tech is a toss-up but I will give it CU. Thats most likely 1-5 versus the south. Two loses to KU and to KSU = 1-9. I think they split with Neb and ISU so 3-11. I just don't like how they match up with Mizzou's offense. Maybe they get one at home there but not likely.

Beating OU (gulp), Mizzou @ home, @Neb, or Baylor at home would put them at 4-12....or else they would be 3-13.

3-13 would be good for 11th in last year's standings. 4-12 would be good for 10th.

Last edited:
What's wrong with Lucca Staiger?

nothing. i like him too. but i was including him as one of isu's bigs that can shoot. he's a 3, but a bulky 6'5" and as slow as anyone in the big 12. he can't guard a 2 or half of the 3s in the league. and he can't drive. so he's basically a short euro style 4.

from what i've seen of gilstrap he's basically a longer version of the same, with better hops. but still slow and really dependent on his 3 for offense.

a nice player, but they need guards that can handle the ball, not more big wings.

I will eat my hat if CU finishes 8th this year. C'mon abd. That's absurd.

They have Tech, OU, and Baylor at home next year. They will get squashed at A&M, at UT, and at OSU. I bet that Baylor and OU beat them (close games). Tech is a toss-up but I will give it CU. Thats most likely 1-5 versus the south. Two loses to KU and to KSU = 1-9. I think they split with Neb and ISU so 3-11. I just don't like how they match up with Mizzou's offense. Maybe they get one at home there but not likely.

Beating OU (gulp), Mizzou @ home, @Neb, or Baylor at home would put them at 4-12....or else they would be 3-13.

3-13 would be good for 11th in last year's standings. 4-12 would be good for 10th.

They can split with KSU, Mizzou, ISU, and sweep Nebraska. They have a chance to beat OU (have won 4 of the last 5 up here), will beat Tech and Baylor in Boulder. They have a chance to win 8 games if they can split with all the north teams except Kansas, which is certainly possible.

I bet they win 6-7 games.

They can split with KSU, Mizzou, ISU, and sweep Nebraska. They have a chance to beat OU (have won 4 of the last 5 up here), will beat Tech and Baylor in Boulder. They have a chance to win 8 games if they can split with all the north teams except Kansas, which is certainly possible.

I bet they win 6-7 games.

Not a chance. Care to wager a bet where the winner selects the avatar for the loser to be displayed for a month?

The rocky mountain air is getting to your brain, bud! :ford

Not a chance. Care to wager a bet where the winner selects the avatar for the loser to be displayed for a month?

The rocky mountain air is getting to your brain, bud! :ford

Sure, I will bet an avatar on them winning 6 games. Whats the avatar?

Sure, I will bet an avatar on them winning 6 games. Whats the avatar?

We will let the winner decide. With the board as my witness, Colorado will not get 6 wins next season! (I should push for 7 since you tossed that out there).

This would be a fitting avatar for Big Time after doubting them.
N0402BZD50_t600.jpg

Back