Buddy Hield Camp in Wichita(Update)

tmeyer3307

Reaction score
We had about 65ish kids sign up for this camp at the Sports Forum there in Wichita. Buddy showed up and worked with the kids and it seemed like everyone had a lot of fun! He stuck around for an hour after the camp, signing autographs and took pictures for the kids which was cool... Also played 1on1 during that time.

Side Notes: He wants Fox from Kentucky for sure at pick 5! Wants someone to get him the ball he said. Buddy took a picture with my wife and me.. also signed all of my rookie cards :)

Thanks for the report, tmeyer! Glad you could go to the camp and take your wife. Buddy is a great ambassador for OU! He's also one of my all-time favorite Sooners!

No problem! I actually worked the camp. Those kids were a lot of work! But fun and new experience for me. Final day is tomorrow.

My 13 year old son went. He texted me yesterday that Buddy shook his hand and is never washing it again. Have video my wife took and him and Buddy one on one. He boy tried to cross Buddy and it ended with a block...:) I also bought a nice OU signature basketball and Buddy signed that.

My wife isn't into sports but she was going on and on about how Buddy is such a nice person! If it wasn't for work, I would have gone because my wife said he took the time to even stop and chat with parents for a few minutes.

Since this is the 1st Annual, I would assume there will be another next year??

BOOMER!!

theres on in Norman tomorrow? Maybe thur/Fri

It might hurt attendance because the OU basketball camp was last week. One of my grandson's from Edmond went to OU's camp and the other one was hurt and couldn't go. I thought it was cool that they handed out "report cards" on how they did on attitude, skills, areas for improvement, etc.

A lady told my wife that Buddy was going to be in Norman for a camp then go off to the Bahamas for another soon. All of the money goes right back to Sunrise. So I think they made at least 10k off of this. Today Buddy wasn't on the court quite as much, but seemed to interact with the parents/fans in the stands more. He signed autographs the last hour of camp and probably a hour after camp was over as well.

Trey Slate-former walk on for OU is Buddy's trainer I guess. He looks a bit different from his playing days at OU...(little rougher looking) He follows Buddy I guess everywhere.

By the way Sunrise has a 7ft 15 year old kid that will go to any school he wants and make it to the league whenever he chooses to. Unreal size and touch.. I watched him work on one end of the court and was very impressed.

A lady told my wife that Buddy was going to be in Norman for a camp then go off to the Bahamas for another soon. All of the money goes right back to Sunrise. So I think they made at least 10k off of this. Today Buddy wasn't on the court quite as much, but seemed to interact with the parents/fans in the stands more. He signed autographs the last hour of camp and probably a hour after camp was over as well.

Trey Slate-former walk on for OU is Buddy's trainer I guess. He looks a bit different from his playing days at OU...(little rougher looking) He follows Buddy I guess everywhere.

By the way Sunrise has a 7ft 15 year old kid that will go to any school he wants and make it to the league whenever he chooses to. Unreal size and touch.. I watched him work on one end of the court and was very impressed.

Very strange Slate would be involved with buddy.. idk about that decision..

I looked him up on Twitter and I mean that's what he is doing now I guess. Training athletes, just figured Buddy would have some big time dude instead.

Buddy is Loyal. Slate is getting bigger and bigger. Alan stein and those dudes started small with HS and colleges and now are elite.

Most gurus couldnt play! lol

I thought it was cool that they handed out "report cards" on how they did on attitude, skills, areas for improvement, etc.

That's an idea that goes all the way back to Ted Owens' camps at Kansas in the late 60's.

Back