Cade Davis = Thief

thebigabd

Reaction score
Cade Davis had three steals in tonight’s win, marking his third straight game with at least three. Davis has recorded a team-leading 17 steals on the year and is averaging 3.3 over the last three outings.

Only Ryan Anderson (Nebraska) and Zaire Taylor (Missouri) have more steals among Big 12 players than Cade Davis.

Wow that is impressive. He and Croc have really been setting the tone for us on defense. It is kind of amazing the way our defense has gone from completely non-existent to very respectable. I think putting Cade into the starting line-up was a big part of that.

great job by cade. just an excellent effort by the four starting "guards" all getting at least 2 steals. thought the guys did a good job tonight of defending the passing lanes and didn't let many passes get over their heads. crocker swatted an attempted pass over his head and i believe cade got a steal in a similar fashion.

Wow that is impressive. He and Croc have really been setting the tone for us on defense. It is kind of amazing the way our defense has gone from completely non-existent to very respectable. I think putting Cade into the starting line-up was a big part of that.

I think you are dead on about adding Cade, but I would also add that putting Tony in at the 4, for some reason, has also created a lot of the defensive production. Not sure why this works so well, like it does.... But I'm not going to argue with results. haha

Also, WW and TMG's D has greatly improved as well. The TEAM defense is just amazing to watch right now.

If I had to surmise as to why Croc at the 4 has helped our D I would guess that his speed compared to our other options at the 4 has helped. He can make help side rotations quickly and get back to his man quickly. Plus, he has been surprisingly tough in the paint.

If I had to surmise as to why Croc at the 4 has helped our D I would guess that his speed compared to our other options at the 4 has helped. He can make help side rotations quickly and get back to his man quickly. Plus, he has been surprisingly tough in the paint.

You make a great observation, MN. This might not be the only reason, but it sure makes sense!

I think Cade and Crock's being our most experienced guys have been a huge key in our apparent turn around. Teaching these young guys how to do things will only make our program better. Especially if we keep all these guys 2 or 3+ years. They can be really good when they get that experience.

Back