Cam Clark

SoonerfanTU

Banned
Reaction score
Is a Tayshawn Prince comparison accurate? We need him to develop that skill set. At his size, that would be awesome.

Prince is like 6'10 or 6'11 and weighs less than Durant, but has a very similar build in being really lanky. I don't think that is what Cam looks like.

Prince is listed at 6'9, 215#.

Cam is listed at 6'7, 200#.

Certainly not identical, but that is pretty close.

Is a Tayshawn Prince comparison accurate? We need him to develop that skill set. At his size, that would be awesome.

Dude put down the glue he is in high school right now. We won't know anything for a few years.

He is rated about as high as Fitz and Pledger were coming out of high school.

Just based on the few videos I have seen he seems like Alec Burks (6'6'' 195) at Colorado with a little better outside game and not as good with the basketball. But they seem to be in the same realm in terms of talent, size, athletic ability, and scoring ability.

We will see if he contributes like Burks at this level... Burks averages about 17 per game next to Higgins and has scored in double figures every game this year, the only freshman in the country to do that.

Dude put down the glue he is in high school right now. We won't know anything for a few years.

He is rated about as high as Fitz and Pledger were coming out of high school.
No, Cam is top 30 in most rankings. Fitz and Pledger weren't even top 50.

Tayshaun Prince is a pretty unique player. My opinion of cam is he has a little paul pierce in his game and a little Desmond Mason. His mid range game will impress people the most. If he had a knock, it would be he's a little thin and he could add more power to his game, like a power drive.

Prince is listed at 6'9, 215#.

Cam is listed at 6'7, 200#.

Certainly not identical, but that is pretty close.
No, it's really not. Two inches of height, in and of itself, isn't a huge difference, but it typically translates to more significant differences in other measurements, assuming proportionality. The difference in size between Prince and Clark is even more exaggerated when you take consider how disproportionately long Prince is for someone his size. Tayshaun has a 7'2" wingspan, meaning that he basically has the same length as the typical 7'0"+ player, and most of that is coming from his arms because he doesn't have a wide body (as opposed to someone like Dejuan Blair, who has a big wingspan because of his wide body). That ridiculous length is the difference between Tayshaun being an elite defender and an average defender during the peak of his career. His freakishly long arms have allowed him to play off of really quick wings in order to cut off penetration while still being able to contest jump shots.

Cameron Clark is 6'6" with a 6'6" wingspan (as of last summer). That is not even in the same neighborhood as 6'9" with a 7'2" wingspan. I don't have their standing reach numbers, but I imagine those aren't even close either.

Back