Can Blake save the Clippers?

thebigabd

Reaction score
PG: Baron Davis (15 points, 7.7 assists, and 3 rebounds per game)
SG: Eric Gordon (16 points, 3 assists, 2.6 rebounds per game)
SF: Al Thornton (17 points, 5.2 rebounds per game)
PF: Blake Griffin (NBA Rookie of the Year, new face of franchise)
C: Zach Randolph (21 points, 10.10 rebounds per game)

They need some serious help on the bench, and at the guard spots. Davis, Gordon, and Thornton make a good 1-3 but there is nothing behind it. They should probably trade Kaman or Camby and try and get some decent bench guards. They will never be able to trade Randolph because of his contract, and need to hope that his attitude can be contained and just live with his numbers (which are quite good)..

I am now a fan of the Clippers (if they take Blake), and have a team to follow. I know everyone didnt want him in LA, but they will have a couple of great drafts in a row with Gordon and now Blake Griffin, so they are going in the right direction.

Should be interesting....

If Jesus couldn't do it BG can't. Give him 4yrs he can prep himself then choose the team he wants to win a championship with.

Best case at this point in time that I see.

Looks like the Hawks this year. Great Starting 5 but no bench. Everyone that made the playoffs except the Hawks and Heat had an excellent bench.

I will cheer for Blake and the Clippers but I wish he would of at least went to Memphis if he couldn't come to OKC.

Clippers have the talent to be a top team in the West but I don't think they will have the coaching or chemistry.

That question has been asked of the Clippers multiple lottery picks for 25 years and the answer is no. Worst sports franchise in all of professional sports with quite possibly the worst owner of all time.

I hope he can elevate them to some success but they have no semblance of a team atmosphere with a terrible coach. Blake will have to go in and make a dramatic culture change to make it happen. I just hope he stays healthy, plays out his contract, and then gets the hell out of there and signs with OKC.

They never had any business moving to LA in the first place (from San Diego).

It's too bad they probably can't be conned into picking Thabeet or something nuts (like they've usually done).

PG: Baron Davis (15 points, 7.7 assists, and 3 rebounds per game)
SG: Eric Gordon (16 points, 3 assists, 2.6 rebounds per game)
SF: Al Thornton (17 points, 5.2 rebounds per game)
PF: Blake Griffin (NBA Rookie of the Year, new face of franchise)
C: Zach Randolph (21 points, 10.10 rebounds per game)

They need some serious help on the bench, and at the guard spots. Davis, Gordon, and Thornton make a good 1-3 but there is nothing behind it. They should probably trade Kaman or Camby and try and get some decent bench guards. They will never be able to trade Randolph because of his contract, and need to hope that his attitude can be contained and just live with his numbers (which are quite good)..

I am now a fan of the Clippers (if they take Blake), and have a team to follow. I know everyone didnt want him in LA, but they will have a couple of great drafts in a row with Gordon and now Blake Griffin, so they are going in the right direction.

Should be interesting....
Zach Randolph isn't a center. They have Kaman and Camby at C, although Camby only has a year remaining on his contract.

They are trying to move Baron Davis, with the hot rumor being a trade that would send him back to Golden State. Davis doesn't fit their system, and he isn't happy on that team. When Davis is happy, he can lead a team; when he's not, he's a huge cancer.

They need to trade Davis for a less monstrous contract and eat the last two years of Randolph's contract, or better yet, just buyout Randolph to keep him away from the young guy. His averages are extremely misleading and don't fully reflect that he has horrible shot selection or that he may be the worst defensive PF in the league.

The Clippers need a change in culture, plain and simple. I could get behind them for several reasons, but until they get some leadership from within the organization, its all moot. I just hope Blake can overcome that environment...

It would be really amazing if he could. I will be pulling for him to do it!

Back