Capel at the Peach Jam

BigTime

The Red Wig
Reaction score
:jcapel:

In Augusta, GA at Nike Peach Jam. Best event of the summer. Saw some high level gm's this am. On the way back for 2nd session. Boomer Sooner

Get 'em, Coach! :OUbball-logo:

Lots of guys: Lamb, Beal, Pressey, Clark, Johnson, Jones etc....

This is a real elite tournament so most of our top guys are there.

Thanks, I don't really follow the AAU/Recruiting circuit. Good thing you do so you can tell everyone who doesn't.

:bigtime

Everyone is at the Peach Jam. :jcapel is there :ford is there...everyone except for :kelvin

Everyone is at the Peach Jam. :jcapel is there :ford is there...everyone except for :kelvin

Yeah, I never understood why Sampson didn't recruit summers very hard. That's when the actual recruiting goes on. That's when you are seen by kids and you can scout them against the best.
That was always my biggest complaint. And the argument was it was OU and a football school and it didnt matter. Well, Capel sure is blowing that theory out of the water. I'm glad he didn't buy into that BS and is blowin' it up on the recruiting trails.

"OU is a football school" was used extensively as to why we couldn't recruit the top players. We don't hear that phrase much any more. Funny how that works.

Yeah, I never understood why Sampson didn't recruit summers very hard. That's when the actual recruiting goes on. That's when you are seen by kids and you can scout them against the best.
That was always my biggest complaint. And the argument was it was OU and a football school and it didnt matter. Well, Capel sure is blowing that theory out of the water. I'm glad he didn't buy into that BS and is blowin' it up on the recruiting trails.

Several years ago, I read an article which stated that neither Kelvin or Eddie Sutton wanted anything to do with players who had AAU 'handlers'. The article said both Kelvin & Eddie would talk to a players parents/guardian or high school coach, but no one else.

Several years ago, I read an article which stated that neither Kelvin or Eddie Sutton wanted anything to do with players who had AAU 'handlers'. The article said both Kelvin & Eddie would talk to a players parents/guardian or high school coach, but no one else.

Guess that's why the game passed them by.
I could have swore Sampson hired Evans though when he was coaching AAU and had some players he was after. Then at IU he hired Eric Gordon's AAU coach I believe as well.

Back