Capel didn't get the memo he has no chance for Barnes

Well, if I were the recruit, I would definitely be impressed. Especially if there were no other coaches there.

That is a great message from Capel. He took his morning events and put out a couple of lines that send a great message to everyone. Far too many of us are afraid to try and constantly put forth a negative attitude.

He probably is talking about Barnes but honestly it doesn't matter if he is talking about a second or third string freshman football palyer at Ames High School (assuming they have an Ames High School) that simply has a dream to start in high school and is going to make it happen by working harder than his competition.

I wonder how much Coach Capel travels? I bet he gets some nice first class upgrades.

I was being sarcastic when I said we lead. I am the one who poo pooed our chances at first. I hope I eat my words.

get him or not I can't help but be fricking AWESTRUCK at how hard coach works it.

sorry Kelvin, but THAT is working hard.

I think JC is a hell of a coach/recruiter, i bet he was the only one there watching Barnes. I really think Barnes is looking for more than a school with big names and tradition, or he would have already signed with UNC. If meeting Jordan at UNC, didn't get him there. Then, I think we have a chance. He is really looking at all his options, and wouldn't rule out ISU. He would be a home town hero, but I don't think he would have a chance at a title there. I think Capel watching him work out is a good sign, makes me feel alot better about our chances.

Well I'm starting to drink the Harrison Barnes kool-aid now.

Welcome aboard! I have been taking huge gulps for a few weeks now! haha I told henzo one night... I could see a possible recruiting class that would look like this:

Harrison Barnes
Terrence Jones
Cameron Clark
Doron Lamb
TJ Taylor

Of course, he called me crazily optimistic! I had to agree... haha I still believe that by the way Capel is working this hard, he could land them all. Which would be amazing... and just... Unbelievable!

I wonder if Coach Capel knows it's not fashionable to quote Kanye West post Taylor Swift.

The funny thing is that no one really knows. I mean, you have all these UNC, Duke, and gawk fans that all claim that they know where Harrison is leaning, when in reality, he has been extremely tight lipped throughout the process. He is a lot like Blake in that he doesn't do things the same way as a lot of the other big name guys. It will be interesting to see where he ends up.

Good post BT! No one knows where he's leaning, probably not even him! Being out training at 6am makes me think that, he is more worried about his game and making himself better, the rest will fall into place. He does remind me a lot of Blake in many aspects!

Thought this was greatness from a poster over on OUI:

Capel is amazing...

The other side of the coin is this should be Barnes' twitter:

I live in Ames and have to run outside. The coach out here watching me at 6am in the freezing cold and flurries? Coach Capel. Man does he want his program to be great! Inspiring....

I agree with you, VQpower. Great post! :jcapel:clap

Back