Capel says there are no issues between he and Willie

Sooner23

Reaction score
From today's Norman Transcript........

Capel has expressed some displeasure with Warren's performance this season, but wasn't about to buy into any notion there was rift between himself and his star player.

"What's ensued from there is pretty ridiculous, the way it's been made out to be, like there's a problem. Willie and I have never had a problem, other than I have a problem that he's not playing hard, that he's pouting. I'll always have a problem with that," Capel said. "But it's not like we aren't talking or anything like that. We're talking. He and I have a very good relationship. It's my job to challenge him. I'm trying to get the best out of him. It was made into a much bigger deal than it is."

Warren agreed.

"I didn't even know that was out there until I was asked about it. I don't know where that stuff comes from," he said. "I think it's because we're 8-4 and only lost six games all of last year. There's guys in the media looking for something to blame it on."

http://www.normantranscript.com/sports/local_story_365011540

Of course it has never been an issue except to the peanut gallery wanna bes who never laced em up.

Thanks for sharing. I liked what Capel said regarding the fact that it is his job to motivate and challenge Willie. Let's just hope that Willie responds to the challenge.

Didn't a mod post on here that last year WW and Capel did in fact go a few weeks without WW talking to Coach?

It may not be as bad as it's been made out to be, but I'm guessing there is "something" there.

Didn't a mod post on here that last year WW and Capel did in fact go a few weeks without WW talking to Coach?

It may not be as bad as it's been made out to be, but I'm guessing there is "something" there.

If you are referring to me, my comments were referring to Blake and Capel and I knew for a fact that they never were not on speaking terms.

If you are referring to me, my comments were referring to Blake and Capel and I knew for a fact that they never were not on speaking terms.

It is referring to WW in that he didn't talk to Coach for a month last year. Blake and Coach never butted heads.

That was your first comment on the subject.

Back