Capel watching Seward CC @ Pratt CC

How many guards do we need?

TMG, Pledger, Davis, Willis, Cam, and TJ

Am I forgetting anybody? I'm sorry, but that group of guards doesn't make lust for next year. It is missing that one guy. That Hollis Price. That Corey Brewer. That upperclassman, or at least experienced guard, that can fill it up. Factor in that transfers often happen after disappointing seasons (not saying I expect it, just that I wouldn't be shocked), and I don't see how going after another talented guard is a bad thing.

We still have enough ships to also go after a big or two.

TMG, Pledger, Davis, Willis, Cam, and TJ

Am I forgetting anybody? I'm sorry, but that group of guards doesn't make lust for next year. It is missing that one guy. That Hollis Price. That Corey Brewer. That upperclassman, or at least experienced guard, that can fill it up. Factor in that transfers often happen after disappointing seasons (not saying I expect it, just that I wouldn't be shocked), and I don't see how going after another talented guard is a bad thing.

We still have enough ships to also go after a big or two.

You are probably right. You follow it a lot closer than I do and most of your observations are spot-on, IMO. However, this situation reminds me of the football team and the high number of DB recruits Bob signs every year. We may not have enough OL to play a full season, but we go 8 deep at every DB position.

Must be something with coaches who played a certain position like to recruit that position the most (Stoops with DB's and Capel with guards)?

I'd just like to see us get a few big men who can help Tiny a little. Wright is very limited and Fitzgerald may be good in time but he seems pretty raw and a little unathletic right now, IMO. The Big O -- who knows what he has because he hardly plays, which signals he probably doesn't have much if he can't beat out Wright and Fitzgerald for a little PT.

I'd love to have a 6'8" forward like Safford of MU or Moses from OSU.

How many guards do we need?

Why can't we find some bigs to use up some minutes in the paint while providing solid rebounding, defense, and maybe a little scoring? Is that asking too much?

I agree. I have no interest in getting more guards for this class. I wouldn't mind Ross-Miller as our backup PG. But we don't need any more combo guards or wings.

All we need is big men.

I agree. I have no interest in getting more guards for this class. I wouldn't mind Ross-Miller as our backup PG. But we don't need any more combo guards or wings.

All we need is big men.

I thinks its likely that Ross-Miller gets all the PT he can handle next season. How does bringing in a pg prevent us from getting inside help?

That picture on the first page isn't of Smith. Don't know who that is.

I haven't heard of anyone else recruiting Smith, but i'll ask around at the game tonight. I'll see if he has an offer too.

I asked if Oklahoma was inquiring about Smith and Seward's coach told me "He's being recruiting by a lot of schools in the Big 12." Then I asked if OU had made an offer and he said "There are a lot of offers."

For whatever that's worth.

I asked if Oklahoma was inquiring about Smith and Seward's coach told me "He's being recruiting by a lot of schools in the Big 12." Then I asked if OU had made an offer and he said "There are a lot of offers."

This coach should be a politician.

I've noticed that coaches are upfront with players and don't hold back when they explain senarios. For instance, Olukemi was told by OSU that if they didn't get Clark, he'd get the offer. He committed the same day Clark did. I wouldn't be suprised if the Smith Kid heard the same. And honestly, most Juco kids know they're backup plans, and most are ok with that. They don't want to go and spend two years behind a blue chip prospect who's a freshman. Smith will probably survey the scene, see who has a team where he can get major pt, and sign to them.

I've noticed that coaches are upfront with players and don't hold back when they explain senarios. For instance, Olukemi was told by OSU that if they didn't get Clark, he'd get the offer. He committed the same day Clark did. I wouldn't be suprised if the Smith Kid heard the same. And honestly, most Juco kids know they're backup plans, and most are ok with that. They don't want to go and spend two years behind a blue chip prospect who's a freshman. Smith will probably survey the scene, see who has a team where he can get major pt, and sign to them.

From what I've heard Olukemi committed a week or so earlier but they purposely kept it quiet so there weren't schools telling Clark "they aren't going to have a spot for you". Ford wanted both.

From what I've heard Olukemi committed a week or so earlier but they purposely kept it quiet so there weren't schools telling Clark "they aren't going to have a spot for you". Ford wanted both.

Now we know, and recruits know that their is no such thing as "not having a spot for you" when it comes to osu.

Back