CBI Tourny?

I think that we should use that extra time to run a boot camp to "motivate" these guys. And then make them watch the NCAA games as a group with the staff being present. I'm sure that there is some rule that prevents it, but a crappy month or so for these guys wouldn't hurt my feelings [if I recall Pat Summit made everybody run when Tenn. got upset in the NCAA a year or two ago].

NCAA allows every team to practice throught the final weekend of the season (the Final Four).

As for the type of practice, I don't think punishment is the best way to go right now, rumor of guys on the fence, team chemistry, etc. don't play into this type of action. UT women's hoops is at a different point in there program than the OU men.

If I am Coach Capel, I'm going into individual meetings with the players immediately, to get where there mind is at...try to figure out something you might not have known. Then, in the process, lay out a regimine on what it is going to take to be successful next year, from an individual standpoint. Once that takes place, hit the practice gym immediately and then SHOW them what it takes. Said it before and I will say it again, freshman coming into Division I ball have no idea how hard you have to work to be successful. Sounds like a simple concept, but it rarely works out that way.

Coaches will be limited with their contact once the Final Four ends, so I think jumping on this right away is best. Screw the CBI.

Last edited:
NCAA allows every team to practice throught the final weekend of the season (the Final Four).

As for the type of practice, I don't think punishment is the best way to go right now, rumor of guys on the fence, team chemistry, etc. don't play into this type of action. UT women's hoops is at a different point in there program than the OU men.

If I am Coach Capel, I'm going into individual meetings with the players immediately, to get where there mind is at...try to figure out something you might not have known. Then, in the process, lay out a regimine on what it is going to take to be successful next year, from an individual standpoint. Once that takes place, hit the practice gym immediately and then SHOW them what it takes. Said it before and I will say it again, freshman coming into Division I ball have no idea how hard you have to work to be successful. Sounds like a simple concept, but it rarely works out that way.

Coaches will be limited with their contact once the Final Four ends, so I think jumping on this right away is best. Screw the CBI.

You are probably right...I'm a mean dude!

Are you sure about that? It is my understanding that is not the case with football and I have never heard that before. With that said, I do not profess to have read the rules or be expert on the rules.

Regardless, who wants to practice without games. If they play in the tournament, they probably have a descent chance to win it. Practicing a few days then playing and winning a game is gratifying. Practicing after the season is over probably feels like punishment.

Back