Coale: Energy level high to turn Sooners around

With Brown leaving Baylor, maybe Sherri can change the way the big 12 is played if Liz and Madi can hold down the middle, we might not need a lot of height, most of the big 12 will normal size again.

It appears Texas will still have some length returning based on roster and recruits signed. Fortunately Karen Aston's coaching ability will probably keep them from reaching their pinnacle.

https://texassports.com/roster.aspx?path=wbball

https://texassports.com/news/2018/11/14/womens-basketball-signs-two-standouts-for-2019-20.aspx

Last edited:
By Ryan Aber
Staff writer raber@oklahoman.com
“The opportunity to get a staff in the room and have all those varied perspectives and grapple with that and wring it until you get down to something you’re all convicted on and walking out of the door together, that sounds incredible to me. I’m so excited about the potential of doing that. I think there’s a balance there with it.”
Sherri Coale, Oklahoma coach

This is gibberish.

What did she just say? Or better yet, what does she mean? Apparently juco and graduate players are out as possibilities for help. That means that we are dependent on recruiting high school graduates for height. The history of being able to recruit height is perilously close to zero.

Not gibberish.

It is the way it should be but the real question is whether she will operate that way. A lot of people can speak the leadership thing but just can't trust people enough to listen to what they say. Particularly if they say something they don't agree with.

Unfortunately the ship has probably sailed. She either didn't do enough or didn't want to recruit the Brown 5* from Derby, Kansas. Oregon State, a sweet sixteen team had a glaring weakness in the middle and swooped in and not only got Brown but another 6-3 5* from the Dallas area. They have virtually everyone back from this year's team and if Brown and the other recruit live up to their ranking Oregon State could become real scary.

Last edited:
According to what I read on the Texas boards, UT had zero interest in the 6-3 to 6-4 girl from the Dallas area.

Sherri is full of crap. I’ve had it. Only good news on the horizon is she’ll probably be gone after next season.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sherri is full of crap. I’ve had it. Only good news on the horizon is she’ll probably be gone after next season.

There is a possibility that Sherri is gone after the 2019-2020 season but personally I think it is slim and none. For certain the 2020 team is not going to be a serious contender for the conference championship. That is a 3 year or more project.

It makes no sense to allow Sherri to turn the program around to past glory unless you give her ample time to make the transformation and that is not overnight. I have grave doubts Sherri can get the job done but I feel certain Joe Castiglione will give her the opportunity to do so. JMHO.

Not gibberish.

It is the way it should be but the real question is whether she will operate that way. A lot of people can speak the leadership thing but just can't trust people enough to listen to what they say. Particularly if they say something they don't agree with.

Unfortunately the ship has probably sailed. She either didn't do enough or didn't want to recruit the Brown 5* from Derby, Kansas. Oregon State, a sweet sixteen team had a glaring weakness in the middle and swooped in and not only got Brown but another 6-3 5* from the Dallas area. They have virtually everyone back from this year's team and if Brown and the other recruit live up to their ranking Oregon State could become real scary.

6’5 brown thinks shes Elena Dells Donn, she sees herself as a 3/ wing/Forward in college, going to OU she would have been forced to play center.... maybe she will end up at center at OSU, but with the size they have she has a better chance to play on the wing... one problem they could have is that 6’9 Aquino also wants to be more of a wing forward and will be a freshman next year.... the player Ou should haven went hard after was Taylor Jones who is 6’4, but has a 7’2 wing span... she wants to be a 5 in college and would have given Ou a starting shot blocking center for the next 4 years...

What she is saying is:

I’m excited to have new perspectives. We’re all going to get in a room and talk about what to do to win.

THEN, I’m going to ignore everything anyone says and continue to do things my way.
🤦*♂️🤦*♂️🤦*♂️

I think I would rather have Mulkey, Dungee and Pellington back on the team with a new coach........

What she is saying is:

I’m excited to have new perspectives. We’re all going to get in a room and talk about what to do to win.

THEN, I’m going to ignore everything anyone says and continue to do things my way.
🤦*♂️🤦*♂️🤦*♂️

History would say you are right but I am going to hope you are wrong.

I think I would rather have Mulkey, Dungee and Pellington back on the team with a new coach........

Me too. Furthermore, just think about all who have transferred from the program over the years. There have been the McD All Americans (one who changed her mind before she ever arrived) and those who were in the top 20 in their state. One thing we know for sure is SC/OU WBB is the common denominator. Yes, some get homesick, some get mad about playing time, some lack discipline, some...all kinds of reasons. But where is the support team/coaching staff to deal with all of the potential issues that all teams go through? I recently saw the interview with GAurriema talking about having to bench BStewart early in her college days (similar to SPellington issues). There's a way to deal with these challenges without having multiple transfers; especially more than one in the same year. AND your program is progressively declining from upper national ranking to the bottom of the conference. Something is very wrong with that picture. It SEEMS as though the program has free will without accountability. There is not another major DI that is run that way. Ask HWarlick. It SEEMS like OU WBB is untouchable. The choices made definitely do not make good business sense. Are they just a "hobby" department when it comes to accountability? IJS

What she is saying is:

🤦*♂️🤦*♂️🤦*♂️

Clearly. If the evidence (and there's lots of it) is quacking with a long bill and web feet...just believe it must be a duck.

What she is saying is:

🤦*♂️🤦*♂️🤦*♂️

Agree. She is not going to change her m.o. I saw Kelly Graves let an assistant do all the talking in the huddle during a crucial time out Sunday against Mississippi State. Have never seen Coale do this. She might find out others may have better ideas than her.

Agree. She is not going to change her m.o. I saw Kelly Graves let an assistant do all the talking in the huddle during a crucial time out Sunday against Mississippi State. Have never seen Coale do this. She might find out others may have better ideas than her.

Think about all of the successful teams...consistently successful teams and how the assistants interact during the game. Not so much at OU WBB and definitely not with authority. Well, except the time CC appeared to be getting on SPellington and "helped her get started toward the locker room". :)

Attachments

• notre dame.jpg
    notre dame.jpg
    54.2 KB · Views: 15
  • baylor.jpg
    baylor.jpg
    88.4 KB · Views: 12
  • UCONN.jpg
    UCONN.jpg
    15.3 KB · Views: 12
  • Geno.jpg
    Geno.jpg
    89.6 KB · Views: 9
Will she have enough energy to do a Summer Camp like every other major program?

Let the bookies among us establish the odds and agree to facilitate the payoffs and I'd be willing to lay down a bet.

Guess which way.

Think about all of the successful teams...consistently successful teams and how the assistants interact during the game. Not so much at OU WBB and definitely not with authority. Well, except the time CC appeared to be getting on SPellington and "helped her get started toward the locker room". :)

Have you ever been to a practice? I went to one this year. Chad, Colton, and Pam all had sections of the practice that they ran.

Back