Crunch Time - Must Wins

bocabull

Banned
Reaction score
We are now in the most important stretch of the season. Our last 10 games. If we go 7-3 we are in. 6-4 and will be right on the bubble.

The game this saturday is our first MUST win. The schedule is set up for our RPI to skyrocket if we win the next 4. They are all winnable games. Texas is extremely overrated.

I appreciate your enthusiasm, but we'll be lucky to go 5-5 down the stretch. This team needs to worry about making the NIT and building for next year.

Texas is extremely overrated.

Texas has lost two road games both to top 25 schools (at the time). Although I believe the Sooners can beat Texas @ the Lloyd no one should be betting on it to happen. If Texas is so overrated then which schools deserve to be ranked ahead of them and why?

If you belittle a good opponent you diminish the import of the potential victory. And if by chance we do manage to beat UT at home I hope the fans have enough forethought to realize chanting "overrated" (while making the Longhorns look bad) will take away from a great win. I'd rather hear a chant about James being a traitor. ;)

what if we won 5 more durin the reg season and 2 in the big 12 tourney. where would that leave us

This team just needs to aim for 8 conference wins. That would give us a good shot at the NIT. Anything more than that would be gravy and quite frankly pretty surprising.

I don't think we can beat Texas. James and Pittman are too much of a mismatch under the basket. I'd love to see it though.

Boca is exactly right. As has been stated numerous times by NCAA committee members, the two main criterion regarding selection is the performance of teams in conference and during their last 10 games. This team needs to see each remaining game as do or die.

I also think BOCA hits it squarely on the head again with his opinion that a 7-3 gets us in. I don't think that 6-4 does howver. I don't think we get in the bubble with 6-4, hope so but don't think so.

I have just given up trying to figure this team out. Just going to sit back and see how it unfolds. In fact, I hate to admit it but I have sort of just given Jeff a pass for this year, and started to focus on next year. I hope the kids prove me wrong. I would love nothing more.

Back