D1 transfers are the obvious difference

thebigabd

Reaction score
Harkless, Gibson, Reaves... Is anyone else in the league getting so much impact and production from players not recruited in the traditional manner?

Harkless has turned into the best player on the team, and will win Big 12 Newcomer of the Year.... Gibson is up and down, but is a very good contributor.... Reaves is another D1 transfer who obviously has a big impact on the program.

Harkless, Gibson, Reaves... Is anyone else in the league getting so much impact and production from players not recruited in the traditional manner?

Harkless has turned into the best player on the team, and will win Big 12 Newcomer of the Year.... Gibson is up and down, but is a very good contributor.... Reaves is another D1 transfer who obviously has a big impact on the program.

Reaves is the best player on the team. And it is really not that close

Harkless has been a very pleasant surprise. Has all the intangibles. Plays hard. Elite defensive player. Can make shots. Toughness is contagious. Good teams all have a guy like this that rubs off on the others and OU has missed this type of guy for years.

There is a certain faction of posters who won't give Reaves his due, no matter what he does. To do so would be tantamount to admitting they were wrong about him.

Reaves averages 16-5-5

Harkless is tough as nails but we aren’t too 15 without reaves.

In before he compares these transfers to JUCOs.

Harkless has been a very pleasant surprise. Has all the intangibles. Plays hard. Elite defensive player. Can make shots. Toughness is contagious. Good teams all have a guy like this that rubs off on the others and OU has missed this type of guy for years.

All of this. He is the guy every teams needs. He gives the team an edge. He is tough. And others are becoming tougher.

Mcclung TT

Cade Cunningham paid for...

Baylor has several.

Taz at WVU JUCO

I have no beef either way, but to say its not close. We saw how we played without Harmless and we were avg. Now we have seen how we play without Reaves (I get it was just one game) but we looked very similar to the team which has won 3 in a row against top 10.

There is a certain faction of posters who won't give Reaves his due, no matter what he does. To do so would be tantamount to admitting they were wrong about him.

Hes 9th in 3 pt % at 24%. Hes a good player. I just personally don't like when he forces his game and goes kobe. I think the team would be better if he didn't force it to "get his" in games.. i bet alondes could get more points a game too, but he takes what he can get usually.. i always want us to have all of our guys, unless its "bookie" in football (hes absolute poop trash ha)

Hes 9th in 3 pt % at 24%.

He's first on the team in scoring, rebounds and assists. Is he perfect? Of course not. But the insistence on focusing on a single stat (three-point shooting) over all others smacks of an agenda.

Hes 9th in 3 pt % at 24%. Hes a good player. I just personally don't like when he forces his game and goes kobe. I think the team would be better if he didn't force it to "get his" in games.. i bet alondes could get more points a game too, but he takes what he can get usually.. i always want us to have all of our guys, unless its "bookie" in football (hes absolute poop trash ha)

This is such a laughably bad take.

This is troll champ of the world! Legit top 15 team in America and our best player is trash. Who right is first team all big 12 and it’s not close.

You are right extreme toughness has been missing for years. We had a couple of fake tough guys which IMO is a detriment.

Eddie Sutton was almost exclusively transfer driven. I’m glad we have some.

Reaves is our best player despite occasional lapses. Davion is also playing great!

You are right extreme toughness has been missing for years. We had a couple of fake tough guys which IMO is a detriment.

Reaves is our best player despite occasional lapses. Davion is also playing great!

Couldn’t agree more about the fake tough guy comment, and have a pretty good idea who at least one of them was. The schedule continues to be brutal for the next several games so we will likely have a down game or two along the way, but if we maintain the toughness and compete level, we will have lots of chances for more big wins. But I really Hope Monday is our last game we are short handed due to COVID!!

Rack em

Couldn’t agree more. He and Gibson have both rubbed off on the other guys. What a leap Devion has made... We need every guy on this team, love how they’re playing, so fun to watch. Loved Brady’s comeback today.

Bottom line is OU fans love tough, physical, competitive, gritty basketball.

This team is easy to love...

I’d give my left * to beat Tech(almost). Will be hard with Teaves and Alondes out again. Get some rest boys!

Rack em

Couldn’t agree more. He and Gibson have both rubbed off on the other guys. What a leap Devion has made... We need every guy on this team, love how they’re playing, so fun to watch. Loved Brady’s comeback today.

Bottom line is OU fans love tough, physical, competitive, gritty basketball.

This team is easy to love...

I’d give my left * to beat Tech(almost). Will be hard with Teaves and Alondes out again. Get some rest boys!

I'd give your left * to beat Tech also. And it's not even close. ;)

Yep. While Buddy was the best player on those teams. Cousins and Spangler were the dogs. They brought it every game

Don’t have a take on best player and don’t care either. I only know we have a team that I really like. I saw promise in them early and predicted we would knock off some top teams and make rankings.

On the other hand we are limited on offensive play makers and need Reaves back ASAP; Williams, too. Loved Manek’s effort and toughness yesterday! Need that every game.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back