D1 transfers are the obvious difference

vs. #9 Alabama ---- 14 points - 5 rebounds - 3 steals..
vs #5 Texas ---- 11 points, 4 rebounds, 3 steals, 2 assists.
vs #9 Kansas ---- 7 points, 7 rebounds, 3 assists, 3 steals
vs KSU --- 8 points, 13 rebounds, 6 assists, 3 steals

This is the run he is on... Reaves is playing great as well.

But OU is winning games because of the emergence of Harkless... Of course its a total team effort and Harmon has been great, Reaves has been great, etc... I just think Harkless is the X-Factor guy.. He's the Nolan Johnson of this team... Really good defender, makes all the hustle plays, scores, gets rebounds, gets steals, dives on the floor, etc.

Nolan Johnson was one of my favorite OU players.... Harkless reminds me of him. He's tough as nails.

"The basketball Gods reward guys like Harkless", is what the announcer said at a point in the Alabama game... Talking about how tough he is.

But, the main point of the thread was to say OU is getting unbelievable production out of D1 transfers this year.

vs. #9 Alabama ---- 14 points - 5 rebounds - 3 steals..
vs #5 Texas ---- 11 points, 4 rebounds, 3 steals, 2 assists.
vs #9 Kansas ---- 7 points, 7 rebounds, 3 assists, 3 steals
vs KSU --- 8 points, 13 rebounds, 6 assists, 3 steals

This is the run he is on... Reaves is playing great as well.

But OU is winning games because of the emergence of Harkless... Of course its a total team effort and Harmon has been great, Reaves has been great, etc... I just think Harkless is the X-Factor guy.. He's the Nolan Johnson of this team... Really good defender, makes all the hustle plays, scores, gets rebounds, gets steals, dives on the floor, etc.

Nolan Johnson was one of my favorite OU players.... Harkless reminds me of him. He's tough as nails.

"The basketball Gods reward guys like Harkless", is what the announcer said at a point in the Alabama game... Talking about how tough he is.

But, the main point of the thread was to say OU is getting unbelievable production out of D1 transfers this year.

The number of steals (3) in every game you listed is a good indicator of his defense. This team has developed into one of the best defensive teams we’ve had in years. But Harkless is the catalyst, the blue collar, tough as nails glue guy who gives himself up in every way imaginable to do one thing: WIN!

I agree he’s more like Nolan Johnson than any former player I can think of. He also reminds me of another all-time favorite, not in his size but in the way he plays: Eduardo Najera

Hes 9th in 3 pt % at 24%. Hes a good player. I just personally don't like when he forces his game and goes kobe. I think the team would be better if he didn't force it to "get his" in games.. i bet alondes could get more points a game too, but he takes what he can get usually.. i always want us to have all of our guys, unless its "bookie" in football (hes absolute poop trash ha)

This is my frustration. This team is better when there is not a dedicated effort to get the ball to one guy, especially Reaves. The last two games have proven that against two quality defensive teams. We built a bog lead against Texas by running offense and not have Reaves become ball dominant. When he did at the end of the game, then the offense got stagnant and Texas made it very close.

The Bama game when Reaves did not play showed this as well. We had a good offensive effort by running the offense. It gets guys open shots.

Austin is a good player. When he becomes ball dominant it is bad for the team overall.

Back