Did the team make it out?

BTW - I heard WW wasn't injured also. I wrote it off as negative tripe.

Of course, the game would probably be something like Monday before the Big 12 Tournament. I don't have anything except my memory, but I believe this has happened before. I don't think that's necessarily ideal either.

Game starts at 7 tomorrow night according to Mike Houck.

I don't see any way they make it out tonight, possibly in the morning. I like the fact they pushed the game back and I'm sure the SSN will pick it up if the Big 12 Network doesn't televise it.

Saturday's Men's Hoops Game Pushed Back to 7 p.m.

Weather prohibits Sooners from departing Norman on Friday.

Jan. 29, 2010

NORMAN, Okla. - Winter weather conditions prevented the Oklahoma men's basketball team from departing for Lincoln, Neb., today and have resulted in a later tip time for Saturday's game at Nebraska.

Officials from both universities and the Big 12 Conference agreed to move the game at the Bob Devaney Sports Center from 12:30 p.m. to 7 p.m. CT.

The game was originally scheduled to be televised by the Big 12 Network and ESPN Full Court. Due to the time change, television details are to be determined. The game will be carried by the Sooner Radio Network (KRXO 107.7 FM in Oklahoma City and KTBZ 1430 AM in Tulsa).

The Oklahoma and Nebraska coaches will participate in the Coaches vs. Cancer Suits and Sneakers weekend during Saturday's game to raise awareness for the need for a cure for cancer.

OSU scheduled to leave here in a hour or so, I believe. I imagine OU will be out soon as well.

"The game was previously scheduled to be seen on the Big 12 Network and ESPN FullCourt, however the time change will not allow for TV coverage on Saturday. The game will still be heard on the Husker Sports Radio Network within the state and on the Internet at Huskers.com." http://www.huskers.com//ViewArticle.dbml?DB_OEM_ID=100&ATCLID=204877322

I doubt SSN can just organize a broadcast at the drop of a hat. Looks like we'll cozy up to our radios for some Bob Barry Sr.

"The game was previously scheduled to be seen on the Big 12 Network and ESPN FullCourt, however the time change will not allow for TV coverage on Saturday. The game will still be heard on the Husker Sports Radio Network within the state and on the Internet at Huskers.com." http://www.huskers.com//ViewArticle.dbml?DB_OEM_ID=100&ATCLID=204877322

I doubt SSN can just organize a broadcast at the drop of a hat. Looks like we'll cozy up to our radios for some Bob Barry Sr.

:mad:

I'll be listening to the Husker broadcast by the way. At least that way, I'll actually know what's going on on the floor.

Still in Norman, I bet they push it back to Sunday afternoon. Word is girls will do the same.

OU, OSU basketball teams waiting to travel
By David Ubben, Staff Writer, dubben@opubco.com The Oklahoman
Published: January 29, 2010

Both Oklahoma and Oklahoma State have yet to escape the weekend's ice and snow, leaving road games on Saturday in doubt or prompting quick time changes.

Oklahoma is scheduled to play Nebraska in Lincoln at 7 p.m. Saturday instead of the originally scheduled 12:30 p.m. The Sooners were still in Norman as of Friday afternoon, waiting on a charter plane from Dallas to arrive. Friday's snowstorm limited visibility and hasn't allowed the plane to leave.

Oklahoma State is scheduled to play Missouri in Columbia on Saturday at 1 p.m. The Cowboys, believing their plane could leave, traveled from Stillwater to the Will Rogers World Airport in Oklahoma City by bus. When they arrived, they were told they could not leave. The team is waiting at a nearby hotel.

Oklahoma State's charter plane is at the airport in Oklahoma City. Once the snow stops and the runway is cleared, the team has been told they will be able to depart.

OU has yet to speak with officials at Nebraska to discuss possibilities of rescheduling. Oklahoma has no mid-week game before hosting Texas on Saturday, but Nebraska is scheduled to host Kansas State on Tuesday.
The Oklahoma women’s basketball game at Texas Tech on Saturday has been moved back to 7 p.m., a school spokesman said. The original tip-off time was 2 p.m. But weather delays prevented the Sooners from flying out to Lubbock until Saturday morning.

The Oklahoma State women's basketball team is scheduled to leave Saturday morning for College Station, Texas, where it will play Texas A&M at noon Sunday.

The OSU men's golf team is patiently waiting at the hotel with the men's basketball team. The wait will likely be worth it for the golfers. They are leaving for a tournament that begins Wednesday -- in Hilo, Hawaii, where the temperature Friday was 83 degrees with a few showers.

Even the pros are socked by the weather. The Denver Nuggets were scheduled to leave Oklahoma City late Friday night after their NBA game with the Thunder. Instead, the Nuggets will leave around noon Saturday.

The Nuggets have had a prolonged stay in Oklahoma City as it was. They arrived Wednesday night in Oklahoma City after playing that night in Houston to beat the winter storm.

"It seems like we've been here a long time," said Nuggets coach George Karl. "All you do is hang out in the hotel room. You don't do anything. Normally, you get out and run about or have dinner. I'm kind of tired of room service and bar food."

Denver's next game is a nationally televised contest at noon Sunday in San Antonio.

"It disorients your preparation, how you normally prepare," Karl said. "We'll stay here, have a shootaround here (Saturday morning) -- a short practice and walk-through on San Antonio -- then fly out."

OSU's in the air, and half way to Columbia.

Still supposed to be a 1 p.m. tip.

Back