Disturbing trend under Capel so far.

I think Jeff is doing a good job. In 07 OU just did not have a very good team. OU was short players and really had not experience in its backcourt. I wish OU would have won a couple down the stretch and kept the post season streak alive but that was just a bad situation.

After stating that I think Jeff Capel is doing a good job, I will make a few coments:

1. I don't understand why OU finished the game with a time out. I think it should have been used in the last two minutes or as soon as Blake caught the ball so OU could have put the ball in Warren, Crocker, AJ, Leary or Davis' hand to shoot the last shot.

2. OU should not have lost that game last night. The ball should have gone into Blake on every possession in the final 2 or 3 minutes. Blake will kick it out if he is covered. You have to give him the ball at crictical times. If OSU is doubling so much you cannot get the ball to Blake, go with another 3 point shooter forcing OSU to either leave a 3 point shooter open or stop doubling Blake. For example, put Leary, Warren, AJ, Crocker and Blake on the floor. Crocker could shift to PF against OSU because they are a small team. If you want a little more size switch Leary for Cade Davis.

3. Why is our final play designed for Blake Griffin to take a 3 point shot? That would not be my choice. I do recognize that OU had to catch the inbounds pass and perhaps Blake is most likely to do that but I just don't think you want Blake shooting.

I don't disagree that we are playing good teams at the end of the year. However, we played (and beat) good teams during the season. The issue that concerns me is "continuous improvement" . I think some of the teams are improved at the end of the year (OSU and Missouri, as examples) and our team has not improved - at least at the same rate.

I don't know if anyone has mentioned this already or not but I promise you that the remainder of the month of March 2009 will define in large part Jeff's coaching career.

fair or unfair thats the reality...

And maybe appropriately so, we have two thoroughbred high lottery picks and a host of other pieces that are more than adequate.

Hope you're equal to the task young Capel.

Does this trend change this year? Although I dont think we are that great I think Capel realizes he needs to show improvement throughout the year and I think we will

I know I may kinda disagree with what I posted 2 years ago almost. But I don't know if you can consider last year or his first year because those teams weren't any good. You can dissect almost the entire years and find bad stretches. That said right after I posted this OU went deep in the NCAA Tourney and gave UNC their closest game. You can't complain about 08-09. Even if we did struggle some at the end of the regular season.

I know I may kinda disagree with what I posted 2 years ago almost. But I don't know if you can consider last year or his first year because those teams weren't any good. You can dissect almost the entire years and find bad stretches. That said right after I posted this OU went deep in the NCAA Tourney and gave UNC their closest game. You can't complain about 08-09. Even if we did struggle some at the end of the regular season.

I'm putting you on ignore

Back