Don't understand the excitement over Mizzou

This Sawyer guy is kind of annoying.

Really? I think he is a good poster and was really gracious about the game. Is the only reason he is annoying because he is defending his team?

I think this was the better win for OU, but its hard to say. Neither one has an Arthur Johnson/Bobby Joe Evans type guy inside, but overall I think the trapping nature of Mizzou gives them the edge.

I think Mizzou is better offensively than OSU. OSU is pretty much Anderson + the Moses turn around jumper on offense. Past that, the scoring is really inconsistent with them. Mizzou however has a couple long mismatch guys and a few talented perimeter players. I think they should have made more of an effort today to get to the line, but sometimes thats a lot easier to do at home.

Plus, Mizzou simply has played tougher competition and have wins to show for it which is pretty much what we have to go by.

I think this was the better win for OU, but its hard to say. Neither one has an Arthur Johnson/Bobby Joe Evans type guy inside, but overall I think the trapping nature of Mizzou gives them the edge.

I think Mizzou is better offensively than OSU. OSU is pretty much Anderson + the Moses turn around jumper on offense. Past that, the scoring is really inconsistent with them. Mizzou however has a couple long mismatch guys and a few talented perimeter players. I think they should have made more of an effort today to get to the line, but sometimes thats a lot easier to do at home.

Plus, Mizzou simply has played tougher competition and have wins to show for it which is pretty much what we have to go by.

You have no idea how much I can't wait to play OSU in Columbia...

They beat us two years ago in a game we should have won (but that wasn't exactly a good year for MU in terms of stability). If I remember right, OSU won on a last second Eaton shot.

MU was demolishing OSU last year on the road but OSU managed to claw back in late (after a James Anderson steal + layup + intentional foul + another shot... it was like a 7 point possession).

I think that's a great matchup for Mizzou, especially in Columbia. I don't have anything personal against them like I do with ku, ksu and NU (I hate kansas, period... I hate the way ksu plays, and I hate how Doc Sadler's had inexplicable success against Anderson but sucks against just about everyone else). I just really look forward to FINALLY putting a complete game together against them. That's one of MU's best chances at a 10-15 point win against a good conference team.

BT, I think these have been big wins because the games have had such high energy on both sides of the ball. After the TERRIBLE loss just a week ago and it seemed that our team "gave up." They've improved over the week, kept up and played with heart. I think that's the exciting part... now let's just see how that goes on the road.

lots of teams in this league are going to look average or below average on the road

Back