Edmond native Ekpe Udoh

this is good bulletin board material- keep it up! You boys will get to experience the NIGHTMARE for your conference opener January 9th in Waco. We will see how Tiny does in his first conference game against a shut-down defender.

I'll save you all some time:

14 or 15 OU posters make a variety of clever references to the winning streak against Baylor basketball.

I respond:

The trend is your friend until the end of the trend.

Carry on...
The "Same ol Baylor chant" during a 10+ lead in the 2nd half, in the half empty Ferrell Center will sound so nice.

Soonersam-

1. Arena will be full- last time OU played Baylor... Baylor had a losing streak and the fickle fan base was losing interest. Being the first conference game and students back, expect a full house.

2. I will save this post and remind you of its merits on January 10th. I'm not going to bet my life's savings on a Baylor win but I can guarantee you it won't be an easy game for the sooners.

Soonersam-

1. Arena will be full- last time OU played Baylor... Baylor had a losing streak and the fickle fan base was losing interest. Being the first conference game and students back, expect a full house.

2. I will save this post and remind you of its merits on January 10th. I'm not going to bet my life's savings on a Baylor win but I can guarantee you it won't be an easy game for the sooners.

Son, if you're gonna continue to work around here.....stay off the drugs!

Soonersam-

It will empty late in the game cuz OU will be cruising.

Let's make sure we meet before the game. I don't think one of our moods will be happy afterward. And since I am always happy...

Let's make sure we meet before the game. I don't think one of our moods will be happy afterward. And since I am always happy...

Yeah that will work. We will probably bring a good sized crew down there. I am up for grabbing a beer and some stuffed bacon fried cheese ball things before the game as long as you don't mind a few Sooner fans (We will play nice).

Yeah that will work. We will probably bring a good sized crew down there. I am up for grabbing a beer and some stuffed bacon fried cheese ball things before the game as long as you don't mind a few Sooner fans (We will play nice).

sounds good

I bet Drew uses him as well as his last defensive big man, Mamadou Diene.

Here's the deal. Had nobody on this board acted like Udoh was going to be the next Tim Duncan/Kevin Garnett and overhyped him, then when he turned out just to be a solid player that averaged about 8 ppg and 6 rebs, people would have said "That Udoh kid is a nice player."

But since we've had it crammed down our throat how great he will be, when he averages 8 ppg, 6 rebs and Baylor is 19-14 and loses in the 1st round of the NIT, people will say "That Udoh kid was a joke, or at least the posts about him were."

Mamadou is a super kid, but let's be serious. He has slow feet, brick hands and didn't grow up in the US playing the game like Udoh. There is no comparison between Mamadou Diene and Ekpe Udoh.

Funny story about Diene. I was down in Waco over the summer watching open gym one day. Diene who was listed at 7'0" was reaching in the air next to Brittney Griner- Baylor's 6'8" women's dunking freshman. And Diene only had about a 4 inch wingspan difference on her.

That girl is going to get a lot of attention because she dunks regularly in games- this will be the first and last time I ever mention something about women's hoops on a message board:

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tuDfRzY2Vqw"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tuDfRzY2Vqw[/ame]

Once again, we have one "Superfan" of an irrelevant basketball program attempting to convince the rest of us that their team matters. As usual, it's not working.

Once again, we have one "Superfan" of an irrelevant basketball program attempting to convince the rest of us that their team matters. As usual, it's not working.

I've always been a big proponent that the best way to show that you don't care about something is responding to a post with a message saying that you don't care or the topic is irrelevant....

Back