Espn

WichitaSooner

Reaction score
What a joke. The defending national champs had started their game as scheduled on ESPN2. When the KU game went into OT on ESPN, they took Baylor off ESPN2 (moved them to ESPN News) so they could start the Duke game and Coach K love fest on ESPN2. Absolutely embarrassing. I’ve never seen a game that is underway get moved for one that is just starting.

What a joke. The defending national champs had started their game as scheduled on ESPN2. When the KU game went into OT on ESPN, they took Baylor off ESPN2 (moved them to ESPN News) so they could start the Duke game and Coach K love fest on ESPN2. Absolutely embarrassing. I’ve never seen a game that is underway get moved for one that is just starting.

I agree, that is the East coast love affair, it's disgusting and why I don't watch the analyst on ESPN.

awful, there is so many things not to like about ESPN. It is 80% garbage. I can't believe other stations haven't closed the gap. Really I can believe, because you make more money playing to idiot masses.

Brady goes for 20 and 11….one of four players to score 20+ points in Carolina’s whipping of the ****shefski!

First off, ESPN sucks.

That said, it stands to reason that they'd dump Baylor for Coach's K's last home game. One game is meaningless, the other is historically significant.

First off, ESPN sucks.

That said, it stands to reason that they'd dump Baylor for Coach's K's last home game. One game is meaningless, the other is historically significant.

Defending national champion playing for a conference championship is not meaningless in any way. And if they are so concerned about making sure they can have 24/7 coverage of Coach K and his ego, they can avoid having the game start two hours after the game it follows.

Speaking of K … what an ego. I can’t think of another coach who would have this long retirement tour and allow them to have a 40-minute ceremony for him. So glad Brady helped send him out of Cameron with a loss.

Defending national champion playing for a conference championship is not meaningless in any way. And if they are so concerned about making sure they can have 24/7 coverage of Coach K and his ego, they can avoid having the game start two hours after the game it follows.

Speaking of K … what an ego. I can’t think of another coach who would have this long retirement tour and allow them to have a 40-minute ceremony for him. So glad Brady helped send him out of Cameron with a loss.

Well put

Meaningless was the wrong wording but yeah, compared to Coach K's last game, the Bay/ISU game was insignificant to most of the country's CBB fans or casual observers.

I guess we'll disagree and that's fine. I hate ESPN, outside of a couple of in-game analysts (CFB/CBB), but I get why they did what they did in this case.

Meaningless was the wrong wording but yeah, compared to Coach K's last game, the Bay/ISU game was insignificant to most of the country's CBB fans or casual observers.

I guess we'll disagree and that's fine. I hate ESPN, outside of a couple of in-game analysts (CFB/CBB), but I get why they did what they did in this case.

Yea I think we are pretty much on the same page overall about the worldwide leader. The games themselves and a couple of their on-air folks are good, but most things about their coverage drives me nuts.

I think espn+ streaming SUCKS, not the cost, it's the new world. Disney+ doesn't suck or Apple etc. It's the streaming controls as simple as pause or rewind.

Back