Fact is that Capel isn't recruiting great basketball players

Blake was one the best college basketball players in the country the very first day he stepped on the court in Norman. He definitely improved, as he became the very best player in the country. What you said was impossible to logically defend, and no amount of context would change that. Of course, fortunately you are here, so if I've erred in that assertion, please enlighten us on the context where it makes sense to say that Blake was "not a very good basketball player".

His first year his post moves were average at best and he couldn't really shoot a jump shot at all. He basically got points of put backs and then some drives and fast breaks. He beat some smaller guys at the post but his post play was pretty poor at best. He is probably one of the best athletes ever to play at OU which is what made his numbers as good as they were his first year. His second year he completely changed his inside game, and while he never developed a good jump shot he still was so explosive an athlete that it didn't matter.

i think a lot of the good defense the last few years came from sampson holdovers. He was such a big proponent of defense that guys like austin johnson and taylor griffin carried it over to the capel era.

fail!

His first year his post moves were average at best and he couldn't really shoot a jump shot at all. He basically got points of put backs and then some drives and fast breaks. He beat some smaller guys at the post but his post play was pretty poor at best. He is probably one of the best athletes ever to play at OU which is what made his numbers as good as they were his first year. His second year he completely changed his inside game, and while he never developed a good jump shot he still was so explosive an athlete that it didn't matter.

Statements like that destroy your credibility, at least for me. Perhaps other posters can see the hoops brilliance in saying Blake's post play was poor.

Statements like that destroy your credibility, at least for me. Perhaps other posters can see the hoops brilliance in saying Blake's post play was poor.

As a freshman yes. By the time he was a Soph that was the biggest difference in his game and it changed the way teams tried to defend him.

Back