Final roster spot Maks Klanjscek

We knew this one awhile back but officially official.

Quality addition imo.

We are going to struggle with bigger teams again but we should at least have a lineup that can shoot from outside this year. This will neutralize our size disadvantage. Last year we didn’t have any quality outside shooters aside from Grant, Milos, and Jacob.

Quality addition imo.

We are going to struggle with bigger teams again but we should at least have a lineup that can shoot from outside this year. This will neutralize our size disadvantage. Last year we didn’t have any quality outside shooters aside from Grant, Milos, and Jacob.

Jacob was a quality outside shooter?

He shot 38.1% from behind the arc last season. That certainly qualifies.

Agreed. An average of 35% or better qualifies in my book.

Jacob was a streak shooter who could be woefully inconsistent at times. For example, he was capable of making six in a row, but he might miss the next six.

Jacob was undoubtedly a good shooter, which was valuable, but unfortunately he didn't provide much else. When he shot 5 or more threes, OU only lost one game, and that was a 70-69 game against UT. It's a small sample size and I'm not necessarily saying that he should have shot more. Just noting that if you're strictly a shooter, you're going to need to be shooting a high volume to justify your spot on the court.

Jacob was undoubtedly a good shooter, which was valuable, but unfortunately he didn't provide much else. When he shot 5 or more threes, OU only lost one game, and that was a 70-69 game against UT. It's a small sample size and I'm not necessarily saying that he should have shot more. Just noting that if you're strictly a shooter, you're going to need to be shooting a high volume to justify your spot on the court.

Spot on analysis, Eielson! I liked Jacob and wanted him to stay, despite his weaknesses. I wish him well at Virginia!

Jacob's percentage doesn't really tell the whole story. Against bad competition he shot it pretty well but he was putrid in league play. I like him though. He seems like a good kid and I hope he does well at UVA.

If he can come in the game and knock down some 3s to help win games, that would be great.

Moser has to figure out how to get these guys minutes to where he doesn’t lose them early. That’s what has happened the last two years. Then he calls on the, midway to the end of the season and they don’t perform due to inexperience.

Jacob's percentage doesn't really tell the whole story. Against bad competition he shot it pretty well but he was putrid in league play. I like him though. He seems like a good kid and I hope he does well at UVA.

35.2% in conference play

He was streakier than an old Dollar General Windex bottle.

Started Big12 play going 5 for 9 (56%) against UT, then 15 of 48 for the following 19 games. (31.25%)

6 of those 19 games he shot 50% or better, going 11 of 18 (61%)

However, the other 13 games, he went 4 of 30 (13.3%) (never above 33.3% in any game)

Of the games where he shot above 50% we went 2-4.

Well, at least he's got the "good kid" part going for him. :)

If he can come in the game and knock down some 3s to help win games, that would be great.

Moser has to figure out how to get these guys minutes to where he doesn’t lose them early. That’s what has happened the last two years. Then he calls on the, midway to the end of the season and they don’t perform due to inexperience.

Can't keep 13 guys happy. Heck, it's hard to keep 10 guys happy.

It'll be interesting to see how it shakes out, but at the end of the day, there are going to be a couple of guys that don't get the PT that many on here think they will. Just not enough minutes.

Can't keep 13 guys happy. Heck, it's hard to keep 10 guys happy.

It'll be interesting to see how it shakes out, but at the end of the day, there are going to be a couple of guys that don't get the PT that many on here think they will. Just not enough minutes.

I agree. Might want to exercise a redshirt on one of the freshman.

I think I'd rather have 10 guys happy than 13. The best programs are likely going to have the bottom 3-4 players transfer out most years. In today's game, you need to bring in more quality players than spots, have them compete, and let he best rise to the top. May not always feel right, but even Patty is doing it in college softball. Same for our baseball team.

Quality addition imo.

What did I read where Norweather was the best shooter on the team this year?

Back