Game starts 10-0 Mizzou

OUBig12Champs

Reaction score
From that point forward OU outscores a very good Missouri team 66-51. This team played solid today, just think they did that with 18 turnovers. A little better ball security this game could have been a blow out! Cade Davis is the Oklahoma player of the week as well IMO! Cade was awsome Monday and played like an All Conference player today!

If you really want to play the what if game, I could go a a round or two...

You do realize a 5-man OU team (for all intents and purposes) held MU 16% below its season average from 3, right? How often do you think that's going to happen.

OU played a hell of a game... no need to try to spin this into a near blowout. It very easily could have been a disaster for OU, as well.

Missouri has very little offensive weapons, if they had just one or two guys who were more consistent scores that could be a really good team with the way they play defense.

Never seen anyone studder when they type "a a round or two", nice! All kidding aside I was not trying to spin anything. I thought it was more of a "Kool Aide" or "Sunshine Pumper" statement:ez-laugh:. Just trying to throw some encouragemnt out there for a young team. I realize that the term "blow out" may have been a little much, or was it? I love these boards!:clap

You do realize a 5-man OU team (for all intents and purposes) held MU 16% below its season average from 3, right? ... It very easily could have been a disaster for OU, as well.

We realize it, but we give our defense some credit for that -- you apparently don't.

One of OU's top three players missed all but four minutes of this game. One of OU's starting five had the stomach flu. OU's best big man didn't have it and sat for most of the game.

Given all that and our early season troubles, we have every right to celebrate a solid win with as much exuberance as we wish.

You're a classy fan, we saw that with your congratulatory thread. Don't start playing nitpicky post cop now.

Sawyer I was just wondering why your strength and conditioning coach (david deets) has gray frosted tips in his hair?
I mean seriously what is up with that?
Is it all the rage back in Columbia, thought I was looking at some cross between a cast member of Jersey Shores and Quinn Synder.

Deets always looked a little weird to me, but I've never noticed frosted tips. I'm not sure a team with Cade Davis in the starting lineup should really be comparing people to the Jersey Shore guys, though...

As for MU's offensive weapons, I'd disagree with that. I know I've read it here several times, and MU didn't do a whole lot to dispel the myth today, but you don't average 83.5 points per game without offensive weapons. MU's top two scorers (English and Denmon) shot a combined 6-19 from the field and scored about 12 points below their season average. Tiller, Taylor and Dixon are our 4th, 5th and 6th leading scorers (all over 8 per game in a system that emphasizes sharing the ball) scored a combined 15 below average.

You could say MU lacks a true go-to scorer... but our five guards average 54 points per game. Seems like plenty of scoring punch to me. They're just not going to create it on their own. We rely on passing, cuts, off ball screens and penetration to get open shots (and when they get those shots, they definitely are offensive weapons). The shots didn't fall today, though.

skyvue, you can interpret my posts whoever you'd like. I've given credit to OU's players for the effort and toughness they displayed. But the fact is, more often than not this MU team is not going to shoot under 24% from three. We had a lot of good looks that just didn't go down. Credit goes to the OU defense for some of that... but not all of it. OU is 2nd worst defensive team in the Big 12 per the kenpom rankings. They didn't play like it today... but like I said, if we're playing the "what if" game...

Back