Gameday in Norman?

JBaker

Reaction score
I don't know if this has been discussed before, but it looks like the 2/6 game against Texas will be by far the best game that weekend. We might have Bilas and co. in the LNC that weekend.

The basketball Gameday schedule is preset before the season by ESPN and unfotunately they won't be coming to Norman.

The basketball Gameday schedule is preset before the season by ESPN and unfotunately they won't be coming to Norman.

I wish by conf season starts, they would allow for it to be like the football version, where they go to the hot matchup of the week.

That's pretty dumb.
It's one of two games between pre-season ranked teams on that day, and in the other one (Nova-GTown), the teams are lower ranked. And with both of those teams in the Big East, you'd think there would be another time for them to catch them. Like, for instance, 3 weeks before when those very two teams play each other on a Saturday...

EDIT: Looks like they will be in Illinois for the Michigan State game. Very lame.

For some reason they only do 8 shows.
Each big conference gets one, except of course the ACC gets two. And they're both Duke games (the eighth is a women's game). For some reason they picked KU-KSU over OU-Texas.

Last edited:
after their presence for our game last year in austin, they can stay the hell away.

The last time they had it here it was a miserable failure. Granted it didn't help they were broadcasting at like 10 a.m. when the game didn't tip until 8, but still the turnout was pitiful. I believe Gottlieb has said that they won't be coming back for a long, long time. Don't shoot the messenger, I'm just saying.

The last time they had it here it was a miserable failure. Granted it didn't help they were broadcasting at like 10 a.m. when the game didn't tip until 8, but still the turnout was pitiful. I believe Gottlieb has said that they won't be coming back for a long, long time. Don't shoot the messenger, I'm just saying.

I have heard that as well. The good news is that things are changing here in Norman. There is increased student support, and sites like this one that would help get the word out. I think things would be much better next time they come.

I have heard that as well. The good news is that things are changing here in Norman. There is increased student support, and sites like this one that would help get the word out. I think things would be much better next time they come.

I agree. And honestly with the football team struggling a bit this year I think that is only going to generate more buzz for the b-ball team.

I could see a better "Next time". I hope there will be one, some time soon. But if not, oh well. What can ya do?

Back