Getting blown out by VCU?!?!?!?

there's no reason to be upset. this is the type of game they need.

they need someone to be forced to step up and slap them all around vice being able to lame their way thru a game.

Agreed... will be interesting to see how they respond.

Unlike football, I believe that we can win a close game and overcome adversity.

:capelspin

well, unlike football these days you can actually stand to lose some games for growth and still have an excellent season. In fact, it's often better to lose some games (though you'll rarely get a coach to admit that).

Young team on the road with their first challenge...and a good one at that...

Whether VCU turns out to be a good team or not this is a great game for this group...the atmosphere is hostile and they have some adversity...

Now that they have calmed the crowd down for the most part hopefully they can chip away at the lead and come away with the victory...

I am surprised at their lack of defensive rotation, mostly because no one will step up and take a charge...we cant just let them continue to drive like that without making them pay for it...

Also now do some of you realize why Crocker is a starter and will be so all season long, he has been in these situations for 3 yrs and is the only one that doesnt look rattled...even Willie looks frustrated and needs to get his head up...Props to Cade as well, showing some leadership and nice play off the bench...

Looking forward to the second half...

I don't buy the "first road game" argument.

Most of our young guys have played in BIG road games in HS and AAU ball for several years. Yes, college is different, but by this point, guys like TMG and Tiny aren't nervous. Tiny just isn't very good, and TMG is one of two bright spots so far.

We still have a chance. We need our best player to play better. If you told me that WW basically isn't in the game or is really bad for the first 19 minutes and we are down 10 I would take that because WW is basically our team. I said before the year starts if WW doesn't average at least 18 a game we won't be a winning team this year.

Most of our young guys have played in BIG road games in HS and AAU ball for several years. Yes, college is different, but by this point, guys like TMG and Tiny aren't nervous. Tiny just isn't very good, and TMG is one of two bright spots so far.

:ez-roll::ez-roll::ez-roll:

I am glad that I learned long ago to just shut out all of your knee jerks.

:ez-roll::ez-roll::ez-roll:

Laugh all you want. First road game isn't why Tiny doesn't have a tough inside game. First road game isn't why WW didn't show up in the first half. First road game isn't why RW still isn't a very good basketball player. First road game isn't why our team has no fundamental defensive skills. First road game isn't why Cade Davis (while he does hussle), can't stay in front of a guy to save his life.

Well you need to buy into it...because it is much different...especially at this level, and this isnt even a major game in a major arena yet...just wait till they play their first true away game against a Kansas or Texas...hopefully they will have enough games under their belt by that time to be more confident...

Tiny is pretty good, just actually plays like a freshman unlike our last McDonalds AA freshman in the paint....

It ain't knee-jerk when I said the very same things all week.

Looks like bigabd and I weren't so wrong.

Yes it is a knee jerk with you here. Look people call me the negative fan which is stupid because I only say what is true. We have a team that's led by a sophomore that is really good and freshmen for the most part. Talk about HS all you want this is the first college road game that means anything and they are not playing that good on D and the offense has looked lost. We need our best players to take over and right now they aren't. But don't be shocked if this team beats Zona and Zaga then loses a dud or two. It's a young group.

We've played HOW MANY games Einstein?

We've played HOW MUCH together?

It's knee jerk.

Well you need to buy into it...because it is much different...especially at this level, and this isnt even a major game in a major arena yet...just wait till they play their first true away game against a Kansas or Texas...hopefully they will have enough games under their belt by that time to be more confident...

Tiny is pretty good, just actually plays like a freshman unlike our last McDonalds AA freshman in the paint....

I guess you don't remember some of Blake's early games he played like a freshman at times also. Really the only true freshman ever at OU that didn't play like a true freshman is Tisdale.

This is coming from someone who actually played D1 ball too. Sorry TU but your wrong on this one. You who has always been known as a pessimist anyway.

Back