Great Defense

Seymore Cox

Reaction score
The Defense in my opinion was actually better in the first half when we were down than in the second when they just went cold. They communicated alot better and our bigs rotated well off of the hedge and in some cases talked and switched. No zone.

It was good to see them communicating, especially with Clarke trying to create his shot off the screen. I was also happy to see guys actually blocking out bodies instead of space. It was much more apparent in the second half than the first.

Although our three point shooting late in the first half led the surge to carry through the the rest of the game, it was great to see them play D like we are somewhat used to seeing.

It was good to see them communicating, especially with Clarke trying to create his shot off the screen. I was also happy to see guys actually blocking out bodies instead of space. It was much more apparent in the second half than the first.

Although our three point shooting late in the first half led the surge to carry through the the rest of the game, it was great to see them play D like we are somewhat used to seeing.

this.

Good to see Tony use his quickness to get rebounding position. It's a very hard transition from rebounding from the wing to rebounding in the paint. He made the transition today.

I thought they decided to start getting after it on defense after the 15 and under timeout in the 1st half. I am sure Coach Capel got on their a$$ in the huddle and said everyone else should be working like Cade. I was impressed with TMG defensively tonight as it was the best I have seen him play to date in his young career. Gallon has a ways to go but I thought he had more energy in spurts defensively.

That being said, they cannot rely on Crocker to get double digit boards every night. Gallon is going to have to rebound more effectively as well as Warren getting in the mix.

Davis was unbelievable defensively. I have never seen him play that hard on the ball in his career. He has made himself an even more valuable part to this team if he can defend like that on a consistent basis. The guy played his butt off for 38 minutes. What a great performance.

There were a couple of lapses I didn't like, but I thought our defense was vastly improved over what we had seen to this point of the season. Let's hope this game will serve as a benchmark for better things to come. I'm encouraged by what I saw.

There were a couple of lapses I didn't like, but I thought our defense was vastly improved over what we had seen to this point of the season. Let's hope this game will serve as a benchmark for better things to come. I'm encouraged by what I saw.

It's easy to lapse on a bad shooting team. THere were probably about 4 or 5 perimeter looks in the second half on other players that would have went down against different teams. One play we had three players pursuing clarke Luckily he didnt make the right decision.. I didn't like the fact that we let Sanchez, SANCHEZ drive the ball. Unacceptable. Regardless, it's day and night from this weekend. The defense the first half was what I would like to see all year.

Back