Greg Swaim

Wow! They really need to give that regional McDonald's vote to Van Shea Iven.

Here's his indept analysis on the OU's bball program.

Most teams have a goal of getting to the NCAA Tournament, or at least finishing in the upper division of their conference. Some should have more realistic goals.

This season the Sooners of Oklahoma should have a realistic goal of barely winning double digit games, with maybe two of those coming against conference opponents if they're lucky.

This team is horrible, and to be brutally honest I don't know if half of their players are above the mid-major talent level. I do know that at least five of them would struggle at the NAIA level, and several may be playing at that level very soon.

Jeff Capel's squad had to come from behind last night to beat a powder puff NC Central squad in overtime at the Lloyd Noble Center, and sadly for the Sooners help is not on the horizon either.

Recruiting is once again very poor for a once proud program that had the #1 NBA Draft Pick less than 18 months ago, and went to the Elite Eight just two short seasons ago.

This looks to be a tailspin that Capel cannot pull out of. Now the only question is will the powers that be in Norman allow him to survive what is sure to be a second straight season in Hell?

Here's his breaking news coverage of Cezar Guerrero:

From all sources I have on the west coast, Capel and OU lead, but anyone who needs a PG out of this class will come in strong late...and that now includes North Carolina.
Link to Post - Back to Top Logged

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Check out all of the GregSwaim.com Forums at http://gregswaim.proboards38.com/index.cgi#general

Greg Swaim
Administrator

Re: Cezar Guererro to OU
« Reply #1 Yesterday at 11:24am »

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Apparently Guerrero is now looking hard at OSU after Ford and the entire staff went to watch him in Boone's private jet...could be a Bedlam recruiting war!!

Cezar is so impressed with the fact OSU coaches rode on "Boone's private jet".
I bet

Back