Has Coach PM speeded up his offense?

soonerchuck

Reaction score
Last night's OU (vs OSU) home game seemed very different from other games this year. I saw more fast breaks, ball movement and strong drives to the basket than at any previous time I have watched. I did not see the dribble out front until the shot clock was way down before initiating some attempt to get off a shot or attacking the basket. I liked the faster play and it seemed to me to be more effective especially since our 3-point shots were not falling. Might the coach be trying to speed up our offense?

Last night's OU (vs OSU) home game seemed very different from other games this year. I saw more fast breaks, ball movement and strong drives to the basket than at any previous time I have watched. I did not see the dribble out front until the shot clock was way down before initiating some attempt to get off a shot or attacking the basket. I liked the faster play and it seemed to me to be more effective especially since our 3-point shots were not falling. Might the coach be trying to speed up our offense?

You thought that was more effective??? Is this for real?

I think they were attempting a faster pace, but they actually have to make shots to be effective and they literally couldn’t.

You thought that was more effective??? Is this for real?

Well by my calculations last night we made 45% of our 2-point shots taken (11 of 24) and made 24 of our 33 free throws. The previous OSU game we made 46% of our 2 pt shots (19 of 41) a near wash and made only 6 of 8 free throws. Some extra free throws on the home court is to be expected but not 33 shots compared to only 8 in Stillwater. I would maintain that the faster attack on a less set defense, better ball movement and increased frequency of aggressive drives on the basket played a large part in the huge jump in free throws awarded and I would certainly call that more effective. Also they haven't had a lot of practice at the faster and more aggressive play. I think it is the way to go.

I thought he was substituting too often, guys never found a rhythm.

Back