Has the Big 12 met your expectations this year?

thebigabd

Reaction score
We all thought it was the best in the country during the pre-season, but a lot has happened.

1.) Texas isnt as good as we thought
2.) Oklahoma isnt as good as we thought
3.) Iowa State isnt as good as we thought

These 3 were supposed to be better than they are, and it has dragged the conference down a little bit. In fact, OU and ISU are significantly worse than expected. K-State, Missouri, A&M, and Baylor have given it a boost though by being better than expected.

I really like that Missouri squad. Their top 3 scorers are sophomores and that bodes well for them next year with a top 10 recruiting class coming in. They should be a top 15 team next year, IMO.

Second ranked conference in the RPI is exactly where I thought the conference would be.

I think that Baylor and KState have both more than made up for OU and ISU. I also think that Kansas is better than most of us thought they would be (the Morris Twins and Brady have really been good for them).

Texas is certainly a disappointment, but you know, they did win all of their nonconference games and played a tough schedule.

I think the Big 12 is still the second toughest (top to bottom) conference in the land, so as of now, it has met my expectations.

I didn't expect Iowa State to be good. Brackins, a decent player in "Sir Flex," and then a roster full of scrubs. (regardless of their JUCO averages and rankings) OU's struggles are surprising but not stunning. I wasn't that high on Texas before the year because they have a bunch of bricklayers. KSU and Baylor are definitely surprising, and I didn't think ATM had much.

The Big 12 is still the 2nd best conference in the country, behind the Big East, but that's not surprising because the Big East has 52 teams.

Don't come with the Big 10.

Last edited:
It's a very competitive conference, but I think CBB is down in general this year.

Pac-10 sucks, A-10 could be a six team league, Mountain West could get four, Missouri Valley two...etc. ACC isn't even as good as ususal...lots of parity (some might call mediocrity) across the nation.

We'll find out in the Dance how good our conference is. My guess is that we underachieve.

Seems somewhat capricious and arbitrary.

So does any other method of measuring it.

I'm not a big fan of measuring any one team's success for a season based on the results of their tournament, but I think it's a decent measure for a conference. Feel free to disagree.

Texas is certainly a disappointment, but you know, they did win all of their nonconference games and played a tough schedule.

Texas lost to UCONN by 14 at their place.

Their 2 wins over Pitt and Michigan St were really good. The win over NCarolina turned out average because NC stinks.

I really thought UT and us would be in the top 10 in February. The rest of the conference is about what I thought it would be.

Texas lost to UCONN by 14 at their place.

Their 2 wins over Pitt and Michigan St were really good. The win over NCarolina turned out average because NC stinks.

I really thought UT and us would be in the top 10 in February. The rest of the conference is about what I thought it would be.

You are right. I forgot about that loss @ UCONN.

This may be the weakest year in the Big 12 ever. There may only be about 3 or 4 teams that are really worthy of making the NCAA Tournament.

This may be the weakest year in the Big 12 ever. There may only be about 3 or 4 teams that are really worthy of making the NCAA Tournament.

Come on now...3 or 4 teams?

Have you watched some of the basketball around the nation this year?

:ez-roll::ez-roll::ez-roll::ez-roll:

:ez-roll::ez-roll::ez-roll::ez-roll::ez-roll:

Second ranked conference in the RPI is exactly where I thought the conference would be.

Ten of the teams in the conference above us would not rank in the top 8 of the Big 12 in RPI. The Big East has a boat load of lower 50s, 60s, and even farther down the chart rated teams. Georgetown is inconsistent and West Virginia is greatly over-hyped. There is an even chance that the Big 12 finishes at the top of the RPI at the end of the season.

I'm shocked you can remember to breath with your brain capacity. There are four teams from the conference in the top 25 alone right now. 2/3 of the conference is in the top 50 of the RPI ratings. The Big 12 has the highest average ranking in the RPI standings at 54.91 (the closest conference to the Big 12 is the Big East whose average ranking is 56.25). The Big 12 has the best record in the country against top 25 opponents with a wining percentage at 0.4166 (closest competition in that category is once again the Big East whose winning percentage is 0.3544).

Last edited:
I didn't not say only 3 or 4 teams will get in. I said there are 3 or 4 teams worthy of getting in compared to most years in the Big 12. Kansas may be a Final 4 type team outside of that I don't really see any teams in the Big 12 doing anything in the NCAA Tournament unless KSU gets hot at the end of the year.

Back