Hawks' Collins checks in at 228

BigTime

The Red Wig
Reaction score
at a skills camp. He is starting to make Eaton look like Ray Willis! He has got some work to do before the season starts....

WOW! This kid needs to have more discipline in the offseason. Isn't this the second year in a row that he has ballooned up this much? BOOMER SOONER BABY!!!

you got to think NBA teams are noticing this "trend". certainly can't be helping his draft stock if it will be an issue in a year (rephrased as "work ethic").

This guy is nba talent?

I think he's the media's link between the National Championship team and the current teams

He can flat out play but you have to question his work ethic certainly.

He can flat out play but you have to question his work ethic certainly.

No doubt!!!! One difference between him and Eaton is he carries more muscle. His weight isn't a big problem right now. In some ways it's an advantage, especialliy the way he plays against smaller guards.

No doubt!!!! One difference between him and Eaton is he carries more muscle. His weight isn't a big problem right now. In some ways it's an advantage, especialliy the way he plays against smaller guards.

true, but an NBA team is going to be asking themselves....how will this "bigness" and a propensity for putting on the lbs play out when he's 26 or 27 with a pocket full of money and not 20 eating at the KU training table 9 months a year. if you are considering two players of equal talent or the roster is down to two players for one spot, the fact Sherron likes to hit the drive-through like it owed him money might make you go the other way.

meanwhile, xavier and cj aren't even bothering to show up for summer class.

seff is letting the inmates run the asylum (a favorite from ku fans used during franks 1st year).

meanwhile, xavier and cj aren't even bothering to show up for summer class.

seff is letting the inmates run the asylum (a favorite from ku fans used during franks 1st year).

I think they'll be OK, my man. I don't think KU is on the verge of self destruction. Heck, some of those guys probably didn't show up at fall class, far less summer. As for sanguinetti's point to Collin's weight, I cannot disagree. It's a different ballgame when you talk about what is expected from you as a pro to what type of level can be played as a collegian. To me, Byron Eaton has NBA ability, but weight issues along with decision making liabilities have kept him from getting drafted. Collin hasn't been like Eaton, who got into the 270 range during off seasons. Infact, if Collins where a running back at 5'11 and 228, you're talking about a guy that's smaller than Beanie Wells, Michael Turner, Lendale White, and now Adrian Peterson, after he has intentionally put on weight.

I disagree. I saw video of him at KU's summer camp, and it didn't look like muscle to me. I don't think he is in near the shape that Byron was in last year.

Back