Henzo, Julian Washburn?

Sooner23

Reaction score
Any rumblings from your sources on the our level of interest in him? We've offered, but don't hear much from him. Is he someone we're recruiting hard at this point?

Washburn's recruitment is very strange to me. You just don't hear any news on him from any school. I bet he would have already committed to OSU if Ford hadn't taken the two wings from Louisiana.

If you look at his list of schools half of them are probably not recruiting him hard or are slow playing him with hopes of landing bigger named players. I would still think that we would atleast hear something out of him. hasnt he kinda become a tweener?

He's transferring to New Jersey. Going to play with Mike Gilchrist next year.

Could you provide a link please? Thanks.

It's on 'hoopscooponline' premium. A buddy of mine is signed up for it, and lets me use his sign in.

Totally NOT worth the huge money it costs.

And would you believe it if I told you that 6'7 Julian Washburn and 6'7 Soph Chris Washburn are both transferring from Duncanville (H.S.) TX to Elizabeth (St. Patrick) NJ, where they will form the perfect complement at the three and the five spots to 6'8 Jr Michael Gilchrist and 6'2 Kyrie Irving?

Here's the blurb, though.

It's on 'hoopscooponline' premium. A buddy of mine is signed up for it, and lets me use his sign in.

Totally NOT worth the huge money it costs.

Here's the blurb, though.

Thanks hohum. That might mean that he may go somewhere on the east coast for college. His brother is a pretty good prospect as well.

As if Elizabeth (N.J.) St. Patrick wasn’t loaded enough, now the Celtics appear to be on the verge of adding two more impact players in brothers Julian and Chris Washburn, who are moving from Texas to New Jersey.

Julian (a 6-8 senior) and Chris (a 6-7 sophomore) are the sons of troubled former NBA player Chris Washburn.

“They have not enrolled yet in school but they did visit the school,” St. Pat’s coach Kevin Boyle told me the other day. “These kids are thinking about moving up to New Jersey. If that happens, then there’s probably a good chance that they enroll…I’m sure that we will know very shortly.”

If the brothers enroll, they will join a team that already includes wing Michael Gilchrist, the consensus No. 1 player in the Class of 2011, and point guard Kyrie Irving, the No. 9 floor general in the Class of 2010.

Doesn't seem like the interest has been there for him this summer. If I were him, instead of going to another school to play alongside elite prospects, I would have found a school like maybe a Carter or North Crowley where I can star. The Duncanville experiment seemed to not work so well for the kid.

Back