Hilarious...Mark Titus on hating Smart

Did I ever say I did? You are the one that said you don't care what a coach does as long as he wins.
But if you support certain actions in the name of wins, that can certainly reflect on your character.

again, not sure what this has to do with anything that I have said.

What actions am I supporting? How am I actively supporting Smart flopping or Ford gesticulating on the sidelines? Because I've been a fan of OSU (and a graduate) before these guys got there, I'm supposed to not want them to win and hope they lose so they can get rid of these guys and get employees or student-athletes I can be "proud" of? I'm not slipping Smart a 100 bucks every time he gets a bogus foul call (couldn't afford it anyways).

But, now you can somehow judge my character without knowing a single other thing about me because I'm not embarrassed by Ford booing an official.

As far as your confusion, you seem to be implying (and I could be wrong) that I should feel some sort of shame or some modicum of embarrassment due to these guys associated with my alma mater and their actions. So, I'm assuming you have the same feelings of shame when someone employed or associated with OU acts silly on the sidelines of a game.

But, maybe we're having two different conversations here.

What actions am I supporting? How am I actively supporting Smart flopping or Ford gesticulating on the sidelines? Because I've been a fan of OSU (and a graduate) before these guys got there, I'm supposed to not want them to win and hope they lose so they can get rid of these guys and get employees or student-athletes I can be "proud" of? I'm not slipping Smart a 100 bucks every time he gets a bogus foul call (couldn't afford it anyways).

But, now you can somehow judge my character without knowing a single other thing about me because I'm not embarrassed by Ford booing an official.

As far as your confusion, you seem to be implying (and I could be wrong) that I should feel some sort of shame or some modicum of embarrassment due to these guys associated with my alma mater and their actions. So, I'm assuming you have the same feelings of shame when someone employed or associated with OU acts silly on the sidelines of a game.

A coach or player's behavior does not affect any of us personally. But, it does reflect poorly on the universities we support.

As I said in the beginning, I can think of a number of instances where coaches have done more to embarrass their school. Bobby Knight would be among the leaders. Heck, what Ford did doesn't even rise to the level of what his predecessor did to invite public scrutiny. But that doesn't change the fact that booing an official from the coach's bench is an unprecedented event that stands on its own as a childish thing to do. I'm still in shock no one posted the video clip on Youtube.

Does that mean you shouldn't continue to support, and even defend, Travis Ford? Of course not. I brought it up because it fit perfectly as a response to RMFC's post.

I agree that certain actions do reflect badly on the University, but I only think that is the case when they are very repugnant things, when it turns out the administration might have been enabling or at least not stopping something. The Sandusky scandal is an obvious one. That would embarrass me greatly to have that associated with my Penn State diploma.

But, relatively minor things, players busted smoking weed, underage drinking, speeding tickets, weird behavior on the sideline. That, to me, reflects 100% on the person doing that action. Not on the university, not on me as a graduate/fan. I don't think it diminishes the worth of my diploma, or lowers the opinions of others to think I can or cannot do my job.

you are a very dramatic person that blows things way out of proportion.

Carry on though.

Win at all costs

Not on the university, not on me as a graduate/fan. I don't think it diminishes the worth of my diploma, or lowers the opinions of others to think I can or cannot do my job.

you are the only one bringing this up.

You are not good at debating. :eddie187_jpg_xs:

You are not good at debating. :eddie187_jpg_xs:

One doesn't have to be a good debater when they are right. You find Aggie behavior acceptable simply because you are an Aggie. Your position is as transparent as Saran Wrap.

Of course it is transparent, what am I trying to hide? I feel like I made my point pretty clear, much like Saran Wrap©.

My position is that I have way too much stuff to worry about in my life, to let something that really has zero effect on me have any impact on me whatsoever. My involvement in OSU sports (and all sports, professional included) is simply of the basis of "I hope they win". That's the enjoyment I get out of my hobby of watching sports.

If you disagree with that, then okay.

It's unfortunate we can't have a good discussion about what I think is an interesting topic without tossing out weird insults. But, if that's how you like to interact with people, anonymously or not, then that is your prerogative.

Spin it!

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5cDLZqe735k[/ame]

Good song. Funny video.

I checked the map. There aren't any high roads running through Stillwater. Why do the Aggies pretend that is the one they are traveling.

I agree that certain actions do reflect badly on the University, but I only think that is the case when they are very repugnant things, when it turns out the administration might have been enabling or at least not stopping something. The Sandusky scandal is an obvious one. That would embarrass me greatly to have that associated with my Penn State diploma.

But, relatively minor things, players busted smoking weed, underage drinking, speeding tickets, weird behavior on the sideline. That, to me, reflects 100% on the person doing that action. Not on the university, not on me as a graduate/fan. I don't think it diminishes the worth of my diploma, or lowers the opinions of others to think I can or cannot do my job.

Show me where I said anything about reflecting on you personally, diminishing your diploma, influencing the opinion of others or making someone think you can't do your job?

Geeeez! Exaggerate much? :facepalm

You're better than that, HoHum. That is, unless the poster I have been accustomed to over the years slipped off of the deep end somewhere along the way.

There are exceptions, of course, but I find that OU fans -- probably in part due to what we've been through in the past -- care a great deal about whether the coaches and athletes representing our university comport themselves in an appropriate fashion. We've been embarrassed nationally more than once, and I think we've had our fill of it. I certainly have.

I'll take the three- or four-star high-character guy over the five-star who is a risk to cross behavioral lines (even minor ones). Every time.

I love Billy Tubbs, but I don't want us to again hire a brash coach who pushes the behavioral envelope as he sometimes did.

I loved watching Brian Bosworth play football, but I don't want that kind of nonsense from one of our players ever again.

As for the likes of TMG, ugh.

Last edited:
Show me where I said anything about reflecting on you personally, diminishing your diploma, influencing the opinion of others or making someone think you can't do your job?

Geeeez! Exaggerate much? :facepalm

You're better than that, HoHum. That is, unless the poster I have been accustomed to over the years slipped off of the deep end somewhere along the way.

I did not mean to imply you did. The first paragraph was in response to you, where I was agreeing with you, the second was more of a general response or perhaps to soonerbounce. My apologies for the confusion.

But, I am still referencing you when you asked if I was embarrassed about Ford's conduct on the cout, and I said I was not. And I laid out my reasons as to why I did, and they were that it just doesn't effect me, my character, my education, and anything else that one can say they acquired (in part or in whole) from OSU.

It is nothing I can control, so I don't necessarily think twice about it. Travis Ford, just happens to be the coach of the team I root for. When he moves on to another job, I won't really have any interest in him again, unless he pulls a Snyder and came back. I felt the same way about Bob Simmons, Sean Sutton, etc... But, perhaps I'm not as a big of an OSU fan as I used to be, and a few years ago I would have felt differently, who knows.

Not trying to take a high road, or act morally above anybody. So, I apologize if it came off that way. I was just trying to answer a question.

Last edited:
I checked the map. There aren't any high roads running through Stillwater. Why do the Aggies pretend that is the one they are traveling.

I'm confused now, I guess. According to one poster, I am of questionable character because my sole interest in OSU athletics is them being successful and enjoying watching that? But, to another I am giving the impression that I'm some sort of goody-two shoes acting above everyone.

I've never been so incorrect! ;)

According to one poster, I am of questionable character because my sole interest in OSU athletics is them being successful and enjoying watching that? )
I must have missed the post.

I did not mean to imply you did. The first paragraph was in response to you, where I was agreeing with you, the second was more of a general response or perhaps to soonerbounce. My apologies for the confusion.

But, I am still referencing you when you asked if I was embarrassed about Ford's conduct on the cout, and I said I don't. And I laid out my reasons as to why I did, and they were that it just doesn't effect me, my character, my education, etc... But, perhaps I'm not as a big of an OSU fan as I used to be, and a few years ago it would have, who knows.

Not trying to take a high road, or act morally above anybody. So, I apologize if it came off that way. I was just trying to answer a question.

No problem, it's obvious I misunderstood. I'm with you now.

I must have missed the post.
But if you support certain actions in the name of wins, that can certainly reflect on your character.

Here it seems that you are implying that my opinion on this kind of stuff reflects poorly on my character. You saying, "Just win, baby!" a few times also has the same implication.

That's how I read it anyways.

Here it seems that you are implying that my opinion on this kind of stuff reflects poorly on my character. You saying, "Just win, baby!" a few times also has the same implication.

That's how I read it anyways.

It's obvious you are a poke fan :facepalm

I'd hope so! That's all I've been talking about.

Smart reminds me of a better Tony Allen. Their Stats are very similar.

Back