How many times have we seen this movie?

bocabull

Banned
Reaction score
Playoff game and Kobe is jacking up off balance bricks. You never saw that from the true greats of the game but you see if from this guy every single year.

Playoff game and Kobe is jacking up off balance bricks. You never saw that from the true greats of the game but you see if from this guy every single year.

I am pretty sure Jordan missed his fair share of jacks. the thing is, when you are one of the best players in the world nothing you throw up there is considered a "jack", because he can come down the next time and drill that same shot.

I agree abd Kobe is supposed to take the big shots that is what the NBA is all about

well the good news for Kobe is that it was just game 3 of the first round. Anyways i hate the NBA rule calling a timeout after a made hoop and getting to inbound it on your own end. Does not reward defense......oh yeah thats a dirty word in the NBA.....

Does not reward defense......oh yeah thats a dirty word in the NBA.....

If Jeff Capel were here, he would give you a verbal thrashing for that remark.

I find it funny when people say "ooh they dont play any defense in the NBA" Try and stop some of the most explosive athletes in the floor wth a 23.4 ft three point line, a wider paint area and a charge circle. The kind of space on the floor is a lot especially for guys that can flat out play

I find it funny when people say "ooh they dont play any defense in the NBA" Try and stop some of the most explosive athletes in the floor wth a 23.4 ft three point line, a wider paint area and a charge circle. The kind of space on the floor is a lot especially for guys that can flat out play

Exactly.

Those guys couldnt be stopped in grade school, high school, college, or the NBA. There is just nothing a defender can do against NBA scorers. They are elite athletes with unbelievable skill.

I would love to see guys that are tabbed great defenders in college (like Marcus Dove or Melvin Sanders) try and hold Kobe under 35, lol. They couldnt do anything against him, because nobody can.

Like BAsooner said, you add to that with the 24 foot 3pt line, a charge circle, and a wider paint area and there is nothing you can do.

I am pretty sure Jordan missed his fair share of jacks. the thing is, when you are one of the best players in the world nothing you throw up there is considered a "jack", because he can come down the next time and drill that same shot.

LOL @ anybody who even mentions Kobe in the same league as Jordan. The guy is 31 years old. He is what he is. A nice player who is massively overrated because the best players in the league recently were boring. (Tim Duncan) or injury prone (Dwayne Wade) or up and coming (Lebron James).

please you cannot breathe on a guy in the NBA and not have it called...and if your shot misses on a drive it takes the refs about 3 secs to blow their whistle and call a foul on the defender....thats my take on how defense is played in the NBA. I know guys can shoot and score thats why they are in the NBA, but every advantage is given to the offensive player.....

Last edited:
the best players in the league recently were boring. (Tim Duncan) or injury prone (Dwayne Wade) or up and coming (Lebron James).

Why do people call Duncan boring? Because he doesn't mug for the cameras after great plays or act like a thug? Or because he actually has a fundamentally-sound game based on skill, rather than just trying to out-athlete everybody like Shaq or Amare Stoudemire?

Duncan is a walking textbook on how to play the post. The fact that people call him boring is indicative of the emphasis on style over substance in our society, especially among NBA fans.

duncan whines to the officials too much.

No Wade does that.

I think you can play great team defense in the league but for the most part your spot on. How do you stop LeBron if he is hitting his jumpers exactly?

Sure I am a huge kobe fan but i am not very biased. When you look at kobe you have to understand that he has an absurd concentration and extreme dedication to winning and coming out of hs his whole life he had one championships by shooting. Without going to college he never had a transition time to not being the only great player on the floor. It took him a few years of being a pro to get to learn how to play with teammates because he still could get any shot he wanted. i wil be the first to admit that kobe did have his struggles with shooting to much in the first 5 or 6 years of being a pro but since then he hasnt. After shaq left then he was forced to shoot to even make his team competitive. If you look at the team around him he had KWAME and smush and lamar. the only decent player he had was a young caron butler who was yet to develop the perimeter game he has now. You are way off to say that kobe was just jacking up bricks because you are calling him a ballhog. I guess you haven't seen kobe recently. Did you watch game one and game two when he was finding teammates everywhere? Have you watched a laker game all year long? What you have to understand is that kobes does whatever he thinks will help win basketball games. he obviously doesnt care about his statistics or he never would have demanded a trade when he averaged 35 points a game. You cant look at stats to determine if a player is being a ballhog. The lakers offense is set up where kobe doesnt get assists but if you watch the games then you will see that kobe will draw a double at one corner or wing and then the ball will be reversed all the way to the other side of the floor either to a guard for 3 or a quick one on one post move for pau gasol. Kobe doesnt get that assist but it is kinda a hockey assist.

Another thing that you have to understand is that these "off balance" shots aren't off balance for kobe. A shot that would be impossible for most is just a routine J that he has spent hours developing. Just cause a shot is a ten on a difficulty scale for you doesnt mean that it isnt a 4 or 5 for kobe. Why when against phoenix in the playoffs a couple years ago does everyone get mad at kobe for not shooting and gettting his teammates involved then when he shoots people get mad. 24 shots isnt a lot either for a star player and when you look at it kobe feels his way through the game. He reads what his team needs. If his teammates are struggling then he will take over. If his teammates are doing good then he will continue passing. That is why this year he has been a big passer. Once again tho you cannot look at his stats you simply have to watch the games. I dont know if you watch laker games or just look at the shot chart but there is a reason why kobe is many times the last laker to shoot in the first quarter.

Sure I am a huge kobe fan but i am not very biased. When you look at kobe you have to understand that he has an absurd concentration and extreme dedication to winning and coming out of hs his whole life he had one championships by shooting. Without going to college he never had a transition time to not being the only great player on the floor. It took him a few years of being a pro to get to learn how to play with teammates because he still could get any shot he wanted. i wil be the first to admit that kobe did have his struggles with shooting to much in the first 5 or 6 years of being a pro but since then he hasnt. After shaq left then he was forced to shoot to even make his team competitive. If you look at the team around him he had KWAME and smush and lamar. the only decent player he had was a young caron butler who was yet to develop the perimeter game he has now. You are way off to say that kobe was just jacking up bricks because you are calling him a ballhog. I guess you haven't seen kobe recently. Did you watch game one and game two when he was finding teammates everywhere? Have you watched a laker game all year long? What you have to understand is that kobes does whatever he thinks will help win basketball games. he obviously doesnt care about his statistics or he never would have demanded a trade when he averaged 35 points a game. You cant look at stats to determine if a player is being a ballhog. The lakers offense is set up where kobe doesnt get assists but if you watch the games then you will see that kobe will draw a double at one corner or wing and then the ball will be reversed all the way to the other side of the floor either to a guard for 3 or a quick one on one post move for pau gasol. Kobe doesnt get that assist but it is kinda a hockey assist.

Another thing that you have to understand is that these "off balance" shots aren't off balance for kobe. A shot that would be impossible for most is just a routine J that he has spent hours developing. Just cause a shot is a ten on a difficulty scale for you doesnt mean that it isnt a 4 or 5 for kobe. Why when against phoenix in the playoffs a couple years ago does everyone get mad at kobe for not shooting and gettting his teammates involved then when he shoots people get mad. 24 shots isnt a lot either for a star player and when you look at it kobe feels his way through the game. He reads what his team needs. If his teammates are struggling then he will take over. If his teammates are doing good then he will continue passing. That is why this year he has been a big passer. Once again tho you cannot look at his stats you simply have to watch the games. I dont know if you watch laker games or just look at the shot chart but there is a reason why kobe is many times the last laker to shoot in the first quarter.

whoa... whats the title of this novel?

Duncan does not whine any more than any other star or player. And a lot of those "whines", whenever they show the replay, are pretty justified. The contact in the post is much tougher than the foul calls Kobe, Lebron, etc get or complain about not getting.

Yeah because Blake Griffen never stated any of his cases to the guys in stripes this season. :ez-roll:

In the end I don't mind watching a bunch of Sonics/Thunder fans trying to rag on the cornerstone of the Spurs. Kind of like Listening to a Kansas fan rag on OU in football about Sam Bradford.

Back