How stacked is the 2012 Olympic team going to be?

the 92 dream team was the best basketball team to ever step on a court. I really dont know if it will ever be overtaken as that.

LOL. This is hilarious!!

"Name the coach Kobe needed to succeed? Yep, Jordan's."

It could easily be..."Name the coach Jordan needed to succeed? Yep, Kobe's."

Neither player won jack squat without Phil Jackson.

Are you delusional? The copy (most times and in this case) is never as good as the original. You can't say Phil is Kobe's coach. It wouldn't make any sense since Jordan came first. Are you smoking what Stacy McGee just got busted with? Phil was a young assistant while MJ was a young player...they grew together. Kobe just needed a coach that would help him "be like Mike"...insert Mike's coach. Kobe is a photocopy...he even mimicked the moves i.e. the up and under, back down fadeaway...I just don't know what to say to you KB is close to Mike guys...maybe go by an Idiot's guide to basketball...Poll the world, poll the Sooner team or just ask Kobe. He knows the truth.

Kobe will always try to....[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b0AGiq9j_Ak[/ame]

I know, I said I was done...oh well. Being the "closest thing we've seen to MJ" doesn't mean he's actually close to Mike. I don't care if it was my impressionable years or not...to be honest, I know a lot more about basketball at this age having played it since about 4 years old...I was a kid/teenager watching the greatest player in history...I am now a man so I'm a lot more knowledgeable and Kobe just isn't what I saw with my kid eyes.

Kobe is great in his own right. Jordan he is not and neither is LeBron. I'd take Kobe over LeBron but respect LeBron because he's an original.

The Dream Team was amazing. Even Bird at 40 something years old was still a great player. Not as good as he was in the 80s. But there's no player in the game with those fundamentals that he had. I think adjusting to this style of play would be a factor for the team for a while for a 1992 dream team. But basketball is still basketball.

Bird was 36 on the dream team .. NOT 40 something ..

I'm not sure how Love's game would work since he spends A LOT of time in the lane and a lot of his points come off of rebounds. Remember, the international lane is larger and trapezoid shaped. He IS a great player though. I'm sure he could adjust, but it's something to consider.

the international lane will be the same as the NBA lane starting this summer ..

Lets end this once again Mike was an ELITE LEVEL DEFENDER. Kobe is a great defender do you know the difference? Kobe would not lock up Mike, Mike was much bigger and stronger than Kobe. Mike was also the better athlete,shot a better percentage got to the free throw more. Averaged more steals,blocks,points, rebounds. Bascially everything. In a game of one on one played 10 times Mike would win 8 out of 10. Mike is the ULTIMATE COMPETITOR. He hates losing at checkers. Mike was a Defensive Player of the Year which means what?? He was the best Defender in the NBA at the time. No guard has won this award since Gary Payton 1995-1996.

did jordan ever score 80 in a game??

also of note jordan had the really really high scoring years on bad teams early in his career ..

kobe came in on a good then great team ..

kobe put up huge number when he wasn't on a great team and he was "looking to get his" as jordon did in his first 5 years ..

did jordan ever score 80 in a game??

also of note jordan had the really really high scoring years on bad teams early in his career ..

kobe came in on a good then great team ..

kobe put up huge number when he wasn't on a great team and he was "looking to get his" as jordon did in his first 5 years ..

It was on the damn Toronto Raptors!
Roster if you can't remember....http://www.basketball-reference.com/teams/TOR/2007.html

See above: Jordan averaged 33 ppg in the playoffs...you know against the best the NBA had to offer at the time.

I don't care if it was my impressionable years or not...to be honest, I know a lot more about basketball at this age having played it since about 4 years old...I was a kid/teenager watching the greatest player in history...I am now a man so I'm a lot more knowledgeable and Kobe just isn't what I saw with my kid eyes.

Do you realize how absolutely DUMB this sounds?

With your philosophy, Oscar Robertson is the best ever. Or would it be Dr. J?

I guess Griffin can NEVER be the best PF ever...that's Karl Malone...oh, wait, or is it Tim Duncan (oops, can't be Tim, he's a copy).

You had the audacity to think I was young...turns out YOU are the youngster.

Do you realize how absolutely DUMB this sounds?

With your philosophy, Oscar Robertson is the best ever. Or would it be Dr. J?

I guess Griffin can NEVER be the best PF ever...that's Karl Malone...oh, wait, or is it Tim Duncan (oops, can't be Tim, he's a copy).

You had the audacity to think I was young...turns out YOU are the youngster.

In NBA basketball knowledge, I'm your senior.

I feel like I'm arguing with my 10 yr old niece with how juvenile your posts have become...

Ok. I never said anything that wasn't true. You stick to your opinion and I'll stick to mine. I guess there's always the ignore feature...use that feature on me, please. I was told in email to not listen to your opinions anyways. Have a great day!

Ok. I never said anything that wasn't true. You stick to your opinion and I'll stick to mine. I guess there's always the ignore feature...use that feature on me, please. I was told in email to not listen to your opinions anyways. Have a great day!

Done

One last post re: MJ v. KB...

It has been said in this thread that NO ONE that knows the game thinks its close. I submit the following:

Mark Jackson/Steve Kerr have similar thoughts:
http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2010/05/30/AR2010053003391_3.html

Phil says they are two of a kind:
http://articles.latimes.com/2009/feb/11/sports/sp-lakersfyi11

As I've said, MJ is the best ever, but, IMO, its not a huge gap.

Klegg,

You have made really good points while conceding the main point. If the guy can't see that then there is nothing you can do to help him. And in the mean time he claims to have superior basketball knowledge to everyone. I don't even know what to say to that.

Klegg,

You have made really good points while conceding the main point. If the guy can't see that then there is nothing you can do to help him. And in the mean time he claims to have superior basketball knowledge to everyone. I don't even know what to say to that.

What points have either one of you guys proven? That's right, nothing.

Klegg,

Thanks, grace. I REALLY try to be patient with know-it-alls, but some times you just got hit "IGNORE".

I'm just not a BOLD statement kind of guy. I believe most arguments have two sides and as long as you can at least respect another's point of view without resorting to name-calling then we can have some good debate.

@jessegl25 thank you they havent proven anything, U gave them stats not to mention Jordan played in a tougher era of bball.
@Everybody Else I dont see how its close,what does Kobe do that Mike doesnt? In a game of one on one how many games is Kobe going to win? I take Phil's comments about Mike with a grain of salt because he also said Kobe was a terrible teammate. One minute he is prasing Kobe the next he is downgrading him. Mark Jackson is a Jordan Hater always has been he played for the Knicks and Pacers two teams Jordan OWNED.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EhCR72IfEqg&feature=related[/ame]

@jessegl25 thank you they havent proven anything, U gave them stats not to mention Jordan played in a tougher era of bball.
@Everybody Else I dont see how its close,what does Kobe do that Mike doesnt? In a game of one on one how many games is Kobe going to win? I take Phil's comments about Mike with a grain of salt because he also said Kobe was a terrible teammate. One minute he is prasing Kobe the next he is downgrading him. Mark Jackson is a Jordan Hater always has been he played for the Knicks and Pacers two teams Jordan OWNED.

Steve Kerr???

Mike scored more than Kobe and did it in less games,Mike was a MUCH BETTER DEFENDER its not close. Mike had a year where he avg almost 4 steals a game!! Kobe has never avg more than 2. The most important thing is Mike got his points much easier than Kobe does. He shoots a much better percentage because he didnt take stupid fadeway jumpers with three defenders with a hand in his face. In Mikes Prime he never missed the Playoffs, Kobe did.

Mike scored more than Kobe and did it in less games,Mike was a MUCH BETTER DEFENDER its not close. Mike had a year where he avg almost 4 steals a game!! Kobe has never avg more than 2. The most important thing is Mike got his points much easier than Kobe does. He shoots a much better percentage because he didnt take stupid fadeway jumpers with three defenders with a hand in his face. In Mikes Prime he never missed the Playoffs, Kobe did.

MJ never had a guy on his team that averaged more than him. Kobe did and Kobe wasn't the best player on his team until he got Shaq shipped out. You think Kobe wins the championship last year without Gasol? Nope.

Back