How stacked is the 2012 Olympic team going to be?

Mike scored more than Kobe and did it in less games,Mike was a MUCH BETTER DEFENDER its not close. Mike had a year where he avg almost 4 steals a game!! Kobe has never avg more than 2. The most important thing is Mike got his points much easier than Kobe does. He shoots a much better percentage because he didnt take stupid fadeway jumpers with three defenders with a hand in his face. In Mikes Prime he never missed the Playoffs, Kobe did.

MUCH BETTER DEFENDER???

I think KB has been on the all defensive team more at a younger age, but I could be wrong.

Once again, for people who have reading comprehension problems, NO ONE said KB was as good as MJ.

Some kid on this thread implied that the only people who would think it was close wouldn't have a clue about basketball. Well, I go get the links to show guys ON RECORD as saying it IS close and you guys fire back with essentially, "well, what do you expect them to say..."

Steve Kerr???

Steve Kerr and Mike had problems when they were on the Bulls. Did u forget Jordan Beat up Steve Kerr broke his nose i think. I will agree that Kobe is the closet to Mike that there has ever been. But its this Close MIKE>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>KOBE, Kobe would not give Mike problems in a game of one on one because he knows every move Kobe has BECAUSE KOBE COPIED AND PASTED HIS WHOLE STYLE.

MJ never had a guy on his team that averaged more than him. Kobe did and Kobe wasn't the best player on his team until he got Shaq shipped out. You think Kobe wins the championship last year without Gasol? Nope.

To fair though Mike Never won championships with out Scottie so the Gasol thing is pretty much a wash. I do agree with everything else though

MUCH BETTER DEFENDER???

I think KB has been on the all defensive team more at a younger age, but I could be wrong.

Once again, for people who have reading comprehension problems, NO ONE said KB was as good as MJ.

Some kid on this thread implied that the only people who would think it was close wouldn't have a clue about basketball. Well, I go get the links to show guys ON RECORD as saying it IS close and you guys fire back with essentially, "well, what do you expect them to say..."

Listen here (and I'm sure I'll be the one to get in trouble), I'm not your kid and I don't care how old you are or what you do. You wouldn't call me that in person so don't try to play tough online. I haven't called you a name (yet) and name-calling is typically reserved for the loser in conversation.

We could find links from guys telling you that MJ is untouchable...it wouldn't matter to a guy like you. You just thrive to be right even when you're wrong.

You've probably never touched a ball in a real basketball game.

Last edited:
MUCH BETTER DEFENDER???

Mike won Defensive PLAYER OF THE YEAR! NO GUARDS have done that SINCE Gary Payton in 1995-1996. He is a Much Better Defender. Kobe has not won the award for being the BEST DEFENDER Mike has. Its not Close, Mike came into the NBA avg 28 pts per game,and dont give me this crap about Mike played 3 years of College ball and Kobe came out of High School. Lebron avg 20,5,5 his first year.

To fair though Mike Never won championships with out Scottie so the Gasol thing is pretty much a wash. I do agree with everything else though

Scottie wasnt an All-Star player when he joined up with Mike.
Gasol was an all-star with the Memphis Grizzlies before He joined the Lakers.Pau has always been an all-star in this league.
Jordan Made Scottie player he was,Kobe didnt Make Pau the Player he is.

Steve Kerr and Mike had problems when they were on the Bulls. Did u forget Jordan Beat up Steve Kerr broke his nose i think. I will agree that Kobe is the closet to Mike that there has ever been. But its this Close MIKE>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>KOBE, Kobe would not give Mike problems in a game of one on one because he knows every move Kobe has BECAUSE KOBE COPIED AND PASTED HIS WHOLE STYLE.

There's ALWAYS a reason why someone says its close with you guys.

Heck, there were more, I just picked guys I THOUGHT you guys might respect...apparently not. What do those guys know compared to you guys...NOTHING APPARENTLY.

I'm done with this argument.

Gasol was an all-star with the Memphis Grizzlies before He joined the Lakers.Pau has always been an all-star in this league.

Scottie was drafted by Seattle and immediatly trade to Chicago, he was with Jordan from his rookie year on so we dont know if he would have been an all star without Jordan

FYI (I know, I said I was done):
Scottie wasn't an all-star YET. I think he made the all-star team the year after the Bulls won their first title...which oddly enough (and I'm being facetious) didn't win their first title until Scottie joined the team...

There's ALWAYS a reason why someone says its close with you guys.

Heck, there were more, I just picked guys I THOUGHT you guys might respect...apparently not. What do those guys know compared to you guys...NOTHING APPARENTLY.

I'm done with this argument.

I'm not saying that i know more than NBA players and Coaches but the people you named Mark Jackson-A Mike Hater since the Knick days, Phil- Kobe's Coach who wrote a whole book about Kobe saying he was a terrible person/teammate and whose opinion always changes. Steve Kerr-Mikes old teammate who always had problems with Mike. All of these opinions are Biased, I could do like Jess said and get opinions from unbiased sources who say its not Close. Heck Jerry West the man who drafted Kobe Said Lebron is better than Kobe And i did agree with you that Kobe is the closet to Mike there has been. But that its not as close as you think i'm pretty sure i've proven that to you.

Scottie wasn't an all-star YET. I think he made the all-star team the year after the Bulls won their first title.

He made the allstar team in 1990, the year before they won their first championship

Sorry, max. These stats all seem to run together. It's like hunting for a needle in a haystack...:ez-roll:

No worries, Scottie was one of my favorite players growing, so i followed his career closely. I was still a big Bulls fan because of him the couple of years MJ played baseball. So yea i might be a little biased, but My point was that Gasol and Scottie (one of the 50 greatest players ever) is wash, which might be downgrading Pippen if anything

Scottie wasn't an all-star YET. I think he made the all-star team the year after the Bulls won their first title...which oddly enough (and I'm being facetious) didn't win their first title until Scottie joined the team...

Ok that didnt disprove my point of Mike made Scottie into an all-star player. He MADE Scottie come with him to workouts called the breakfast club they would workout all day starting at 5am. Scottie got to the bulls in 1987 they didnt win one until 1990-1991

No worries, Scottie was one of my favorite players growing, so i followed his career closely. I was still a big Bulls fan because of him the couple of years MJ played baseball

Scottie was/is one of the greatest "number 2s" to ever play the game. He struggled as "the man".

Ok that didnt disprove my point of Mike made Scottie into an all-star player. He MADE Scottie come with him to workouts called the breakfast club they would workout all day starting at 5am. Scottie got to the bulls in 1987 they didnt win one until 1990-1991

I'm waiting for you or jesse (of course, I can't see his posts) to throw out a "nah-nah, nah, na, naaaah-naaaah..." HOLY COW!!!!

I know it's getting heated, but I still haven't seen anything that proves Kobe is close to Jordan. The only thing that even makes it a discussion IMO is the 81 points against the mighty Raptors.

I like how the Kobe side hasn't touched the Ring debate. That's always typical. What would Jordan have done with a young Shaq on his team? With Shaq, MJ would have never lost a playoff game. Of course that's just an opinion. The MJ side continues to throw out FACTS and the other side just spews "blah, blah, blah". It's like arguing with a liberal politician about spending cuts.

Last edited:

I'm not attacking you trust me. You're a fair-minded poster....let's just take last year's Kobe led Lakers' roster (09-10) and compare it MJ's last championship roster (97-98)...

http://www.basketball-reference.com/teams/LAL/2010.html

http://www.basketball-reference.com/teams/CHI/1998.html

I'll let others dissect those rosters. To me, Lakers had more depth.

BECAUSE KOBE COPIED AND PASTED HIS WHOLE STYLE.

BMD, I think that's what he's failing to realize. Rewind the tape, look what Jordan originated and then see what Kobe emulated. The originator is often called "daddy".

I'm not attacking you trust me. You're a fair-minded poster....let's just take last year's Kobe led Lakers' roster (09-10) and compare it MJ's last championship roster (97-98)...

http://www.basketball-reference.com/teams/LAL/2010.html

http://www.basketball-reference.com/teams/CHI/1998.html

I'll let others dissect those rosters. To me, Lakers had more depth.

I give you that, I was just calling Gasol and Pippen a wash, I have been with you since the Begining MJ is the G.O.A.T. and no one else is in the arena.

Back