I am confused with Willie's situation

luckyc1423

Reaction score
He has mono on saturday bad enough that he could not go support fellow teammates...and then he is out practicing two days later on monday with the team...something doesnt add up to me!

He likely didn't go Saturday, because he was contagious. The bottom line is that was a precaution and a good one. The possibility exists that he has had mono for some time prior to diagnosis, and consequently is further in the wellness process than what was originally thought, which could mean an earlier return.

Yep, you're making way too much sense. You must be part of the conspiracy.

Is @ Colorado the place you would want someone coming off of an Illness to play?

I have a little insight into the mono situation. My Senior year in college I cam down with mono about halfway through our season, but it wasn't diagnosed for almost 3 months b/c the soar throat didn't happened until near "the end."

Granted it was a different sport, but I was a swimmer in college so I have some idea how it can affect athletes. My Junior year I won 2 events and got 2nd in another at our conference meet- including a conference record. My Senior Year I started feeling bad around Thanksgiving and couldn't shake it. I did okay in our meets, but not up to my standards and it was a roller coaster b/c I had very little energy. At conference I ended up 3rd, 2nd and 5th in my events, even where I was favored in 2. Right after conference I was correctly diagnosed and treated. A month later at NCAAs I swam much better and earned All-American honors, though I still underacheived a bit.

Basically, you can't go more than 1/2 speed for long periods of time, you have no energy at all, and are very lethargic in every area. In my case, I missed about 1/3 of out morning practices- 3x a week for 6 months- after only missing one the previous year. I just couldn't get out of bed, though I didn't miss any afternoon practices. Even in practice I just couldn't get going.

Watching Willie play this year, it makes a lot of sense and I wouldn't be surprised if he's had this for a long time. His lack of aggressiveness, except in short spurts which can happen w/mono, and lethargy just seems to fit. Last year there were not real effort issues with him and I think this had a lot to do with what has happened this year. Just my $.02.

I have a little insight into the mono situation. My Senior year in college I cam down with mono about halfway through our season, but it wasn't diagnosed for almost 3 months b/c the soar throat didn't happened until near "the end."

Granted it was a different sport, but I was a swimmer in college so I have some idea how it can affect athletes. My Junior year I won 2 events and got 2nd in another at our conference meet- including a conference record. My Senior Year I started feeling bad around Thanksgiving and couldn't shake it. I did okay in our meets, but not up to my standards and it was a roller coaster b/c I had very little energy. At conference I ended up 3rd, 2nd and 5th in my events, even where I was favored in 2. Right after conference I was correctly diagnosed and treated. A month later at NCAAs I swam much better and earned All-American honors, though I still underacheived a bit.

Basically, you can't go more than 1/2 speed for long periods of time, you have no energy at all, and are very lethargic in every area. In my case, I missed about 1/3 of out morning practices- 3x a week for 6 months- after only missing one the previous year. I just couldn't get out of bed, though I didn't miss any afternoon practices. Even in practice I just couldn't get going.

Watching Willie play this year, it makes a lot of sense and I wouldn't be surprised if he's had this for a long time. His lack of aggressiveness, except in short spurts which can happen w/mono, and lethargy just seems to fit. Last year there were not real effort issues with him and I think this had a lot to do with what has happened this year. Just my $.02.

I agree with this. Based on the Willie we all knew last year vs what we've seen this year. Hope he kicks this thing soon!

I agree with this. Based on the Willie we all knew last year vs what we've seen this year. Hope he kicks this thing soon!

I am looking game by game at willie warrens #'s and there is no area were he dropped off signficantly possibly due to illness...he has had bad games throughout the year...highlighted would be bad games for him in terms of offense

Game 1: 4-10, 15 pts
Game 2: 6-12, 24 pts
Game 3: 3-14 8 pts
Game 4: 7-20, 30 pts
Game 5: 8-11, 25 pts
Game 6: DNP
Game 7: 4-4, 13 pts
Game 8: 10-14, 25 pts
Game 9: 4-13, 9 pts
Game 10: 7-22, 27 pts
Game 11: 2-6, 4 pts
Game 12: 9-19, 26 pts