I miscalculated this team and Capel

don't stop taking the lithium 79. that keeps you steady.

Lets not get too ahead here.. ISU is 1-6, Tech is .500, and Colorado is tanking.

Its great and better than I thought, but we will see.

Come on BMS, you are a better poster than that.....

No one is crowning this team or anything, but just look at the change from just 3 weeks ago. I mean come on, we were struggling to beat D-2 teams at home, and many were writing the season off as impossible to win 10 games and at least 1 in conference.

There is nothing wrong with realizing that maybe, just maybe things are looking up, or at least not as bad as expected. I hate to say, but for some it wasn't just expected, but more of a desire so that they could be right. Well hopefully this team will continue to rise in their faces, and their post counts will continue to shrink....... ISU could always use a few more SOLID(know it all) posters.....:facepalm:facepalm

No one is crowning this team or anything, but just look at the change from just 3 weeks ago. I mean come on, we were struggling to beat D-2 teams at home, and many were writing the season off as impossible to win 10 games and at least 1 in conference.

There is nothing wrong with realizing that maybe, just maybe things are looking up, or at least not as bad as expected. I hate to say, but for some it wasn't just expected, but more of a desire so that they could be right. Well hopefully this team will continue to rise in their faces, and their post counts will continue to shrink....... ISU could always use a few more SOLID(know it all) posters.....:facepalm:facepalm

:clap :clap :clap :clap :clap

:clap

MAWDS! I NEED A REP BUTTON! (seriously)

There's still a long ways to go this year. I don't think anyone was happy when we were 4-4 last year.

There's still a long ways to go this year. I don't think anyone was happy when we were 4-4 last year.

That's because last years team had 3 McD's and some experience with Cade, Crock,WWIII and Wright. They had a lot of talent and were a huge disappointment. This years team has considerable less talent but is a better team.

I have not been optimistic about the state and direction of the program. What this latest sequence has shown me is that JC can coach at this level successfully and his players are responding to him. I hope the momentum continues. There has to be some recruiting improvement. My expectations are for this team to always be in the top 6 unless there are some unique circumstances like injuries. We are making a habit of being in the bottom third. I need to see evidence that he can run a program.

Lets not get too ahead here.. ISU is 1-6, Tech is .500, and Colorado is tanking.

Its great and better than I thought, but we will see.

I agree the wins haven't been against great teams, but I've watched better OU teams go into Ames against a mediocre or worse ISU team and leave with a loss.

I will also add tech has reeled off 3 straight wins. They have the talent to be a good team and don't count out CU. They will win 7-9 conf games this year.

I agree the wins haven't been against great teams, but I've watched better OU teams go into Ames against a mediocre or worse ISU team and leave with a loss.I will also add tech has reeled off 3 straight wins. They have the talent to be a good team and don't count out CU. They will win 7-9 conf games this year.

Excellent point BOB......

That is not what the computers say. I think the Big XII has two really good teams and a bunch of competitive teams. I bet the conference gets six in the tournament, has three in the sweet sixteen, two in the great eight and one in the final four.

Agreed... The conference isn't as good as it has been in past years, but that still doesn't mean its "not very good".

A top 3 ranking in the conference RPI I think indicates that the conference is actually pretty good.

Great post. :clap :clap :clap

I agree the wins haven't been against great teams, but I've watched better OU teams go into Ames against a mediocre or worse ISU team and leave with a loss.

I will also add tech has reeled off 3 straight wins. They have the talent to be a good team and don't count out CU. They will win 7-9 conf games this year.

Agreed... Was about to say the same about Iowa State and Tech.

And I definitely think Colorado can still finish at or over .500 in Big 12 play. They took KU down to the wire, and had they not had a monumental collapse vs. Baylor they win on the road there. If they stay focused I think they can rebound from their losing streak.

Last edited:
Basically it's beginning to look like the bottom half of the conference is capable of either playing tough or completely tanking on any given night. Keep playing disciplined and minimizing mistakes and we have a better chance of being the tough one and forcing the other team into tanking through defense.

I for one am not buying into the hype just yet...I will pre-phase with I do think we are getting better, but I expected us to get better...due to the inexperience we have the more games we play the better off our guys our..and that is what we are showing...

The fact is Capel still took half or more than half the season to figure out Thompson shouldnt be playing. We cant have this happenign every other year just with a different player...capel needs to be a better evaluater (spelling) of talent....I think a big key in our wins is keeping thompson off the floor...having CJ in more gives us more rebounding which has helped out a great deal...so I think a big part of our success is capel FINALLY figuring out the correct lineup.

I for one predicted 4 wins....so we still need to win one more game to hit my expectations...I predict that game to be vs. nebraska...if we win any other game thats when I will start to be a believer....
I will also be a believer if we dont get blown out other than kansas or texas anymore...

So far we have beat the teams we should beat in my opinion.....there is some improvement but we are par for my expectations....I personally dont see another game we will win aside from nebraska, I really hope I am wrong so I can jump on the bandwaggon with the rest of the posters

Back