I want Jones

luckyc1423

Reaction score
Come on jones, go ahead and committ to us this week!! You will make our lineup so flexable and talented...

He is so necessary for us to get to add talent to our front court. I am less worried about recruiting the backcourt because we are in on a number of top talents, but Jones is one of the only non-project bigs we are in on (and Smith depending on the outcome of conflicting reports bout OU). He would immediately make us continue to be one of the most talented front courts in the Big 12 and we would have one of the most talented backcourts to go with it. He is a guy I really want for OU. Get him with our coaching staff with the way they improve bigs and he could be another lottery pick.

I know he's 6'8", but why do people think Jones is a 4? Looks like a classic 3 to me - just bigger than most college 3s. The guy can really dribble and shoot from deep.

I know he's 6'8", but why do people think Jones is a 4? Looks like a classic 3 to me - just bigger than most college 3s. The guy can really dribble and shoot from deep.

The kid used to be a guard and was a highly recruited guard. He saw a very quick growth spurt, and that sent him towards being a forward. But like I said, he was a guard for so much of his life, he has been able to keep his skills at that position and adapt it to a forward type setting. It is simply an amazing thing to happen. Makes time an incredibly versatile player.

I dont have a twitter account or I would...my work doesnt allow us to get onto those sites either...

But I really just think that he is the most important get (as I assume most of us think)

If we get him I truly do not think there is a need to get a backup pg, I mean if you think about it jones should be able to bring the ball up with ease against ANY power forward...then we have tj to help out.....

Jones could really solidify alot of things for us

if gallon leaves we would still need that big bodied banger...I know fitz will prob step up but I would think we would still need some young blood to back him up

Jones has the skills to play the two or three and the size to post people up down low. He takes pride in the fact that he can defend four positions and has stated numerous times that he guard the one, two, three or four.

Simply stated, he is a unique talent who is versatile enough to play nearly anywhere a team needs him. That's one of many reasons I would love to have this kid!

I think he will end up being a 3 in the league but for his time at OU he would be a great match up problem at the 4. I think he would be more of a true 4 in only on defense while on offense he would be used to create mismatches as the slow footed 4's couldn't cover him outside and the guards would get posted up. Can't imagine what a lineup of TMG, Pledger, Clark, Jones and Tiny would do. Everybody on the floor can shoot and put it on the floor, the team would be really young but talent wise they would be competitive with just about anybody in the nation.

Last edited:
I think he will end up being a 3 in the league but for his time at OU he would be a great match up problem at the 4. I think he would be more of a true 4 in only on defense while on offense he would be used to create mismatches as the slow footed 4's couldn't cover him outside and the guards would get posted up. Can't imagine want a lineup of TMG, Pledger, Clark, Jones and Tiny would do. Everybody on the floor can shoot and put it on the floor, the team would be really young but talent wise they would be competitive with just about anybody in the nation.

Whereas a tweener like Damion James had to develop his perimeter skills, Jones is alot further along in refining his.

I want Jones, bad. I like him cuz he's a hybrid player. He can run the show and guard the 4, thats Lebron like. Well, really Durant like since the King James didn't play college ball. Jones creates some serious match up problems for other teams. Please T.J. come and win the Title for OU, please...

A combo forward with PG skills is just such a mismatch on the court. I think he is a total difference maker. I really want Jones to be a Sooner.

From the video I've seen of Jones the kid is awesome. He looks like a Carmello Anthony type to me. He could end up being one of the best NBA players in his class. Kid has all the tools. Come on down to OU Mr. Jones. Ever heard of Blake Griffin? That could be you son!

The kid used to be a guard and was a highly recruited guard. He saw a very quick growth spurt, and that sent him towards being a forward. But like I said, he was a guard for so much of his life, he has been able to keep his skills at that position and adapt it to a forward type setting. It is simply an amazing thing to happen. Makes time an incredibly versatile player.

Does anyone know if that is similar to Magic Johnson's story? I know Magic stayed at pg but it is amazing what he could do at his size.

That's Scottie Pippen's story, talented guard but unable to attract the big schools at 6'1, then went to Central Arkansas and grew six inches.

Back