i wish our team would play defense

tksooner09

Reaction score
or is our defensive strategy to allow wide open shots??? i cant tell

or is our defensive strategy to allow wide open shots??? i cant tell

I gotta think it's on the players. They just don't seem to play "hard", all the time at that end. When one guy doesn't play hard on D, they get a wide open look. Good teams don't miss open looks.

we are playing horrible ... i thought i was going to be excited for bball to start, but this team is just lazy

Double teams = open 3's and they are hitting them.

Surely UTEP can't keep hitting their shots. Right?

Good team and they are wide open.... I would be more concerned about Willie being able to continue hitting those shots he jacks up. Nobody else is doing anything though so its good Willie is hitting those shots.

Why do we continue to double the post?
I'd rather let them have one man contesting a 2 than nobody contesting a 3.

It looks we will live and die by the three ball all year. We died in the first half.

OU cannot match up with UTEP in a man to man defense. They're too big, too quick and too athletic. Our guards are being forced to double down on guys like Caracter, which leaves a wide open look from the wing on the pass out.

Capel should at least give a match up zone a try in the second half. It can't be any worse than the M to M we're playing.

1. We havent played good D all year.
2. We are not learning to play good game to game.
3. It's so bad that I wonder if these guys are so incompetent that they cannot learn. Some elementary improvement shoud be visible by this time. I not only see none, but they look just like they did against those teams in Alaska. Like children who have never seen a basketball game.

Back