I'd take him...

The guy is poison. OU would be crazy to go after him. In my opinion, any team that has an established program on the upswing would be crazy to take him.

I can see coaches that are on the hot seat rolling the dice on him- Maryland; St John's; Oregon for example. But a coach with job security would be welcoming chaos by taking Lance.

Stephenson isn't even close to the athlete that Davis is/was. Stephenson is very similar to Ron Artest.

I thought the rule was you had to refer to him as Born Ready or some variation of that nickname.

I'd take him in a heartbeat. Born Ready can flat out go.

Any other takers....going once, going twice.....sold to Cheno the one and only "born under a bad sign".

Any other takers....going once, going twice.....sold to Cheno the one and only "born under a bad sign".

B Rush was a chemistry killa as well. Look how that turned out.

There are kids who screwed up in high school that never crossed the line in college such as Curry at OSU. Then you have kids who made good grades in high school and never got into trouble but who were plagued with problems in college. All of that depends on a lot of factors such as the kid, the coaches, peer pressure, teammates, parents, etc.

I understand there are coaches who cannot take a chance on this kid if their program already has a bad reputation but I would bet there will be a coach somewhere who will give the kid a ship. If so, he could wind up with a great player that causes no problems whatsoever.

B Rush was a chemistry killa as well. Look how that turned out.

I never got the feeling that Rush was as full of himself as this clown seems to be. However, if Capel were to want him then I wouldn't whine about it......too much.

I never got the feeling that Rush was as full of himself as this clown seems to be.

That certainly wasn't the case at the time. Brandon was supposed to be selfish, play no defense, be one and done and take after his sibling JaRon.

I think just about any team with an open schollie would take Born Ready.

Thug Ready is now adding Florida to his lists of schools.

Funny how interpretation is. KU fans tout backing off of Willie Warren because he was a "headcase", but Brandon Rush, the Morris boys, Collins, Chalmers, Slim Shady, and Thug Ready are higher character guys?

Thug Ready is actually a guy that has all of the warning signs. He has the trifecta. He's got Grade problems! He's got NCAA amateur status questions! He's got criminal issues! One of three raises questions, two of three is a no, three of three is a hell no!

I think just about any team with an open schollie would take Born Ready.

there are tons of teams out there with open 'ships, and none of them are beating down that door.

he has eligibility issues.

i would take him in a heartbeat start him at the 4 and run run run

i would take him in a heartbeat start him at the 4 and run run run

Even if he brings the NCAA to investigate? Remember, OU is still under NCAA sanctions. Also if you look at the guys that Capel has gotten rid of, they have twice the character of Stephenson and add to that, they all would have been contributors.

Funny how interpretation is. KU fans tout backing off of Willie Warren because he was a "headcase", but Brandon Rush, the Morris boys, Collins, Chalmers, Slim Shady, and Thug Ready are higher character guys?

Funny, I can't recall KU fans I know saying KU backed off WW. He's a top target all along.
And can't ever recall Collins, Chalmers & Shady being regarded as headcases. All 3 are pretty shy and low key.

there are tons of teams out there with open 'ships, and none of them are beating down that door.

He has offers and is being hotly pursued right now by Arizona, Florida, Memphis & Maryland. Those are 4 very good programs.

Back