If TCU is the worst team in the league, the Big 12 will be a blood bath

thebigabd

Reaction score
83-62 against against Southwestern Texas
98-65 against UL Lafayette

Ok, I have never heard of Southwestern Texas, so that game is obviously BS.

But they just don't look like the last place team in the league. Check this out against UL Lafayette:

PG: Edric Dennis (6'3'' point guard transfer from UT Arlington).... Had 14 points, 8 assists, and 2 rebounds against UL... Averaged 14 per game last year for UTA.

SG: RJ NEMBHARD (6'5'' redshirt sophomore)... Had 16 points and 3 rebounds vs UL.

SG: Desmond Bane (6'6'' guard who was All Big 12 last year)... 25 points, 7 rebounds, 5 assists against UL.

PF: Jaire Grayer (6'5'' undersized forward, transfer from George Mason)... Averaged 12 and 7 for George Mason... Had 11 points and 9 rebounds against UL. Can shoot the 3 really well. Had 13 points and 8 rebounds in the first game. Has hit 6 3's in two games.

C: Kevin Samuel (6'11'' 250 center who was very good as a freshman last year).... Had 12 points, 12 rebounds, and 6 blocks against UL. In the first game had 17 points, 12 rebounds, and 4 blocks.

This just doesn't look like a terrible team... The two grad transfers really bolstered the team. 3 very experienced seniors, a legit center, and a redshirt sophomore (so a 3rd year player) in the lineup..

And these guys can shoot the ball.... they were 18-38 from the 3pt line against UL... I don't care who you are playing, that is good. In fact, even though its early, TCU has made the most 3's in the country.

RJ Rembard - 4 star player
Kevin Samuel - 4 star player
PJ Fuller - 4 star player
Francisco Farabello - 4 star player
Diante Smith - 4 star player
Bane - All conference player
Dennis - Averaged 14 at Jackson State, 14 at UT Arlington
Jaire Grayer - 1,000 point scorer at George Mason.

How can this be the worst team in the league?

Every team in the league is solid with NCAA tournament level talent. OSU, Kansas State, Iowa State, and West Virginia might be 6-10 with 1 or 2 games separating all of them. It’s going to be a bloodbath. We’ll have 6 or 7 teams within 2 games of .500

TCU is also expected to get Jaedon LeDee eligible this season... transfer from Ohio State. 6'9'' 230 power forward who averaged 27 points, 15 rebounds and three assists in high school... Scored 16 against Purdue, 16 against Purdue Fort Wayne, but couldn't get much PT as a true freshman at Ohio State.

He would add quality talent and post depth for them. Saying he may be ruled eligible to play this week.

TCU is also expected to get Jaedon LeDee eligible this season... transfer from Ohio State. 6'9'' 230 power forward who averaged 27 points, 15 rebounds and three assists in high school... Scored 16 against Purdue, 16 against Purdue Fort Wayne, but couldn't get much PT as a true freshman at Ohio State.

He would add quality talent and post depth for them. Saying he may be ruled eligible to play this week.

He was granted the waiver today, and is expected to play tonight (11/18) against Air Force

https://www.star-telegram.com/sports/college/big-12/texas-christian-university/article237466964.html

He was granted the waiver today, and is expected to play tonight (11/18) against Air Force

https://www.star-telegram.com/sports/college/big-12/texas-christian-university/article237466964.html

Ok, update on this then.

RJ Rembard - 4 star player
Kevin Samuel - 4 star player
PJ Fuller - 4 star player
Francisco Farabello - 4 star player
Diante Smith - 4 star player
Bane - All Big 12 Second Team
Jaedon LeDee - 4 star player, #78 overall per rivals, Ohio State transfer
Dennis - Averaged 14 at Jackson State, 14 at UT Arlington
Jaire Grayer - 1,000 point scorer at George Mason.

How can this possibly be the worst team in the league?

I tend to think that ISU and K-State will initially struggle simply based upon the production they are having to replace from last year. I will get back to you on TCU after they play USC and Xavier next month.

Even though I picked them in the prediction thread (I was an idiot), I'm not sold on Baylor challenging for the conference. The one time they stepped up in competition this year.....they lost. Still too small of a sample size right now, that's why I rely on Kenpom, T-rank, and Sagarin to tell me what my eyes can't see.

I tend to think that ISU and K-State will initially struggle simply based upon the production they are having to replace from last year. I will get back to you on TCU after they play USC and Xavier next month.

Even though I picked them in the prediction thread (I was an idiot), I'm not sold on Baylor challenging for the conference. The one time they stepped up in competition this year.....they lost. Still too small of a sample size right now, that's why I rely on Kenpom, T-rank, and Sagarin to tell me what my eyes can't see.

I think thats fair... I expect KSU to finish last.

Back